OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to request that something be added to the forums: a "print this topic" button. Several times, I have wanted to print the material in a topic before it gets old and purged, but because of the way phpBB works, it's pretty much impossible to print right from the browser. I don't have a lot of experience in phpBB, but from what I gather, it's relatively simple to incorporate.

</my2cents>

Three posts in a bot thread:

I know this post is hypocritical, but please guys, don't bump these. Just pm them to a mod *not me, though i always route those that do to the appropriate person* and they will take care of it.
The thing is, though, that mods are never on at this hour, and it's kinda a pain to search them out just to PM them something that they'll more than likely notice once they come on anyways.

I HEREBY DEMAND MORE HOURS FOR MODS AND BETTER PAY.

Or something.

But there's been a few times these threads have come up and I've "attempted" to contact mods, only to be foiled by their..lack of...onlinitude?

Well, I am practically always on since I have access to OCR at work, so I can contact mods when if needed. As for the hours, that does pose a problem. I really don't know what to do.

He does make a good point. There is a "leak" or "hole" at some point in the day where there is no mod on at all, and that is when a lot of the bots go and make threads. I am not saying to make me a mod or anything, but...ahh ya I am, I was just being humble about it * even though smoke and gray both knew how bad I wanted to be one for so long* and beating around the bush cause I know it won't happen.

Personal ambition aside, seriously, something has to be done.

Three posts in a bot thread:
I know this post is hypocritical, but please guys, don't bump these. Just pm them to a mod *not me, though i always route those that do to the appropriate person* and they will take care of it.
The thing is, though, that mods are never on at this hour, and it's kinda a pain to search them out just to PM them something that they'll more than likely notice once they come on anyways.

I HEREBY DEMAND MORE HOURS FOR MODS AND BETTER PAY.

Or something.

But there's been a few times these threads have come up and I've "attempted" to contact mods, only to be foiled by their..lack of...onlinitude?

Well, I am practically always on since I have access to OCR at work, so I can contact mods when if needed. As for the hours, that does pose a problem. I really don't know what to do.

He does make a good point. There is a "leak" or "hole" at some point in the day where there is no mod on at all, and that is when a lot of the bots go and make threads. I am not saying to make me a mod or anything, but...ahh ya I am, I was just being humble about it * even though smoke and gray both knew how bad I wanted to be one for so long* and beating around the bush cause I know it won't happen.

Personal ambition aside, seriously, something has to be done.

Bots don't post more during the hours mods aren't around. They post just as much, it just takes longer for them to be spotted. And it doesn't help if people keep bumping their threads. We'll kill them on sight, just ignore them. They're not taking up valuable space or getting in the way of other threads. And even if they did, replying would have the exact opposite effect.

Sidenote: Contacting a mod is easy.

The profile links for all of us are listed in the Forum Rules thread thing up there, and you can also go to Community > Forums > Groups, select the Moderator group and view it there to get the same list.

Does it take longer to delete when it has posts in it or something?

I don't quite understand the difference between one replied to and one unreplied to.

The difference is that when it's replied to, it's bumped, which brings it up higher on the forum, which gives it more exposure. In the case of General Discussion, the thread shows up on the front page as a recent topic. You're not helping anyone but the advertiser when you reply to a spam topic.

Whenever I read a thread then go back to one of the subforums, it doesn't mark it as read. No matter how many times I click it.

The only way threads are 'marked as read' is if I force it with the 'mark all threads as read' button.

Any idea why this (ridiculously annoying) bug is happening, or how to fix it?

It's done that to me a half-dozen times or so.

In my case, even if new posts are made, it doesn't show. It's like pressing the subfolder is just like pushing "back".

The only time I can get it right is by logging out and logging back in. Anyway, you're not alone.

Post as per LT's request:

Whenever I read a thread then go back to one of the subforums, it doesn't mark it as read. No matter how many times I click it.

The only way threads are 'marked as read' is if I force it with the 'mark all threads as read' button.

I believe you have to look at all the pages in the topic which contain unread posts in order to mark it as a "read" topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found an interesting thread about vBulletin:

http://4-ch.net/net/kareha.pl/1166832744/l50

Apparently, the vBulletin vendor checks your forum from time to time and pulls the license from you if you have "depraved content" which seems like an arbitrary thing. In Hongfire's case it was lolicon. You already moderate that stuff out but it could be any number of things, including copyright infringing materials, or other "murky stuff." This is the forum software you're switching to? Are you serious?

I'm assuming this is why you're getting rid of UnMod. lulz

Though it's been so long since you announced you'd do it that I wonder if you'll still do it at all D:

I just found an interesting thread about vBulletin:

http://4-ch.net/net/kareha.pl/1166832744/l50

Apparently, the vBulletin vendor checks your forum from time to time and pulls the license from you if you have "depraved content" which seems like an arbitrary thing. In Hongfire's case it was lolicon. You already moderate that stuff out but it could be any number of things, including copyright infringing materials, or other "murky stuff." This is the forum software you're switching to? Are you serious?

I'm assuming this is why you're getting rid of UnMod. lulz

Though it's been so long since you announced you'd do it that I wonder if you'll still do it at all D:

Getting rid of Unmod has nothing to do with vBulletin's content monitoring.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic