OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

• 4 weeks later...
Rayza

Kraid (+1200)

OverClocked ReMixer

New SMB2 Mix Title

The Spanish n (not sure the actual name of the letter) in the title wrecks the validation of the RSS feed and gives errors.

---------------------

This feed does not validate.

*line 8, column 42: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 236-239: invalid data (maybe a high-bit character?) [help]

<title>Super Mario Bros. 2 'Lizardi?layer Quartet'</title>

----------------------

You can check it for yourself here:

http://feedvalidator.org/check?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ocremix.org%2ffeeds%2ften20%2f

Not sure if either you or Dave can come up with a workaround.

Just letting you know..

Also, I just discovered yesterday that the RSS feed as used in Gmail only cycles through 4 mixes including Lizardino (which works fine there). Dunno if that's just on my end, or if it really doesn't cycle through all of the recent 10.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone thinks its worth splitting up the site projects forum into Completed and WIP Projects, because atm, the WIP projects sort of take up a lot of room on the general WIPs page.

Its also pretty annoying when project threads move, which they had been doing quiet often for whatever reason, and although its nice to see them stationary, I just think they could have their own sub-forum somewhere so as not to take up room elsewhere.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone thinks its worth splitting up the site projects forum into Completed and WIP Projects, because atm, the WIP projects sort of take up a lot of room on the general WIPs page.

Its also pretty annoying when project threads move, which they had been doing quiet often for whatever reason, and although its nice to see them stationary, I just think they could have their own sub-forum somewhere so as not to take up room elsewhere.

I think Site Projects that aren't close to done or don't have the assurance that they'll be completed shouldn't be in Site Projects. Hence WIP is a good, singular place for 'em, as they're large-scale WIPs. Nothing's for sure, but I like where they are now, and they're gonna hang their for the time being. If project coordinators can't get their shit together now that they have a long-term spot for their project and a Sticky that ensures their stuff won't get lost in the shuffle, then they deserve to fail. :-D

Speaking of internationalization, it appears the reviews tab for remixes chokes on Unicode (East-Asian) characters. Assuming it's just an oversight, someone might want to fix that. ざんねんだね。

It's a really minor thing, and someone else has probably picked up on it...

But if you go to this link...

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01588/

and on the right hand side, under "Remix Information", click the "Next" icon, you'll find it gives you a 404 page not found.

I believe it's due to the fact that the link attached to the word "next" is

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCr01589/

and as you can see, I believe the lower case r is causing all the trouble.

It's a really minor thing, and someone else has probably picked up on it...

But if you go to this link...

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01588/

and on the right hand side, under "Remix Information", click the "Next" icon, you'll find it gives you a 404 page not found.

I believe it's due to the fact that the link attached to the word "next" is

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCr01589/

and as you can see, I believe the lower case r is causing all the trouble.

No one else picked up on it and it was entered wrong in the database by yours truly; thanks for letting us know, should work correctly now.

Wow, didn't know you had to enter those links by hand. Sounds incredibly tedious...

Not the links, just the mix IDs... next and prev links are in fact dynamic, but in this case since I butterfingered the ID itself (which could have been an autoincrement but is instead manual - conscious decision on my part), the link got fudged too.

I only just realized that we lost this in the vB changeover:

There are no longer any "Go to remix" links for ReViews threads.

Yeah, that one's in the To-Do list. Hope that happens sooner rather than later.

For anyone who cares, I managed to merge accounts for a number of community members who had to register new accounts. All merges were done to the oldest account so that the earliest Join Date was preserved, I manually updated the old account with the info from the most recent account, and then sent out a password reminder (which was likely the password to the old account). For anyone who cares, post counts were also merged. I think Dan Baranowsky had the most oldschool account, user #50. Enjoy.

This isn't really an issue, just a small preference in usability...when you search for a mix, it'd be more convenient for the ReMixes to appear in the leftmost field of the results, while the game remixed might be pushed to the right of it. It's kind of a consistency thing for me...since the mixes are always on the left when browsing the list, it's instinctive for me to click on the leftmost links, which unfortunately when using the search function instead brings me to the game. I understand if this isn't really on the list of high priorities, but it seems like something fairly easy to do if you decide to do it.

Uh, I don't know if this is actually an OCR problem or if it's something external, but I think there are some problems with the 'Aplus' mirrors of the remixes. I was getting 404'ed on the new Jazz Jackrabbit 2 remix, so I checked the three mixes before that. Amanda's Tears (FF Adventure) was connecting to the Aplus mirrors fine, but the FFX and Contra mixes were 404ing.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a problem with OCR, with Aplus, or me, or just crazy internet shenanigans, but I thought I should mention it. :)

I think it'd be cool if you were able to hover the mouse over other users' avatars and see the avatar's name instead of "X's avatar", which isn't really that helpful anyway. Dunno how much work would be necessary to do it, but since you can already do it when browsing the avatar gallery, it should be an easy fix, I think.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic