OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Something odd... I'm trying to post three images in an existing post (first one with all the info and updates), but when I go to preview them, I get a message that I have six images in total. If I remove one, I still get one that says I have five images. But then if I delete them all and put the images back in, I can put two in without any problem, but three causes it to go back to saying there are five images.

The post used to have the same three images before, but they were removed more than a month ago and are no longer anywhere in the message, not even in code. I'm thinking that for some reason, the boards still think that the post has the original three images, and when I try to add the new ones, it's flagging it as having too many.

I've had problems in there before, like not being able to edit the exact same post before, even though I could edit any other post in the same thread and in other threads in Site Projects.

Something odd... I'm trying to post three images in an existing post (first one with all the info and updates), but when I go to preview them, I get a message that I have six images in total. If I remove one, I still get one that says I have five images. But then if I delete them all and put the images back in, I can put two in without any problem, but three causes it to go back to saying there are five images.

The post used to have the same three images before, but they were removed more than a month ago and are no longer anywhere in the message, not even in code. I'm thinking that for some reason, the boards still think that the post has the original three images, and when I try to add the new ones, it's flagging it as having too many.

I've had problems in there before, like not being able to edit the exact same post before, even though I could edit any other post in the same thread and in other threads in Site Projects.

Smileys count as images.

• 2 weeks later...

The download links were showing up before and I never had a problem. Today when i click on a song title i get like lines of code at the top of the screen or something like that and there are no download links under the download tab. Nothing shows up under reviews tab or chiptunes tab either.

Lines of code at top look like this:

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [function.XSLTProcessor-transformToXml]: runtime error: file /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/xslt/include_lastfm.xsl line 11 element param in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [function.XSLTProcessor-transformToXml]: unregistered variable autostart in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [function.XSLTProcessor-transformToXml]: xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

I'm not sure where to mention this, so I'm posting it here.

When I tried searching for "Command & Conquer" in the "Quick Search" down the left, the site crashes with a php error.

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 2 in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 2 in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: xmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 3 in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() expects parameter 1 to be object, boolean given in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 329

Out of curiousity, I tried searching for "Command & Conquer", and that worked (no remixes found).

I think this should be fixed, as it could probably be abused somehow.

EDIT:

Actually, it didn't work the second time either - it should have returned some remixes.

During the content policy revision, I raised the question of the Creative Commons license. Your response made a lot of sense, since the remixers typically do not obtain explicit permission before remixing.

However, this did lead me to wonder about freeculture.org. They are tied to CC, but don't pursue a specific type of licensing. Rather...

The mission of the Free Culture movement is to build a bottom-up, participatory structure to society and culture, rather than a top-down, closed, proprietary structure. Through the democratizing power of digital technology and the Internet, we can place the tools of creation and distribution, communication and collaboration, teaching and learning into the hands of the common person — and with a truly active, connected, informed citizenry, injustice and oppression will slowly but surely vanish from the earth.

We believe that culture should be a two-way affair, about participation, not merely consumption. We will not be content to sit passively at the end of a one-way media tube. With the Internet and other advances, the technology exists for a new paradigm of creation, one where anyone can be an artist, and anyone can succeed, based not on their industry connections, but on their merit.

We refuse to accept a future of digital feudalism where we do not actually own the products we buy, but we are merely granted limited uses of them as long as we pay the rent. We must halt and reverse the recent radical expansion of intellectual property rights, which threaten to reach the point where they trump any and all other rights of the individual and society.

The freedom to build upon the past is necessary for creativity and innovation to thrive. We will use and promote our cultural heritage in the public domain. We will make, share, adapt, and promote open content. We will listen to free music, look at free art, watch free film, and read free books. All the while, we will contribute, discuss, annotate, critique, improve, improvise, remix, mutate, and add yet more ingredients into the free culture soup.

We will help everyone understand the value of our cultural wealth, promoting free software and the open-source model. We will resist repressive legislation which threatens our civil liberties and stifles innovation. We will oppose hardware-level monitoring devices that will prevent users from having control of their own machines and their own data.

We won’t allow the content industry to cling to obsolete modes of distribution through bad legislation. We will be active participants in a free culture of connectivity and production, made possible as it never was before by the Internet and digital technology, and we will fight to prevent this new potential from being locked down by corporate and legislative control. If we allow the bottom-up, participatory structure of the Internet to be twisted into a glorified cable TV service — if we allow the established paradigm of creation and distribution to reassert itself — then the window of opportunity opened by the Internet will have been closed, and we will have lost something beautiful, revolutionary, and irretrievable.

The future is in our hands; we must build a technological and cultural movement to defend the digital commons.

I think this is something that OCRemix could stand to align with, as the philosophies appear to be similar: encouraging your average fan to participate in culture which has typically been handed to them, and championing alternative methods and paradigms of media distribution. Thoughts?

I posted this a few days ago in the OC ReMix Albums thread, but it didn't seem to get any attention. I figured that re-posting it here would be the best course of action.

• On the Project Chaos page: What about the third ("Special") disc? Not counting it?
  • All of the individual album pages have some sort of project logo to the left of the section with the links/generic info, except for Hedgehog Heaven. For consistency alone, shouldn't there be one? If you don't have anything suitable, I can find my original CD artwork files and send them to you.
    EDIT2: Looks like you had one there, but the image is no longer available. The red x doesn't show up in Firefox, but it's there in IE7.
  • I've also noticed a few (minor) issues with the last.fm implementation. The playlist widgets that are on each page only show the first 26 tracks in the playlist (up to Shnabubula's Stone Eyes on VotL and Hetcenus' Ivory Gadget on Project Chaos, doesn't affect other projects). Also, some of the track times in the player are showing up as 0:00. For example, the whole of Kong in Concert shows up like this, and on Rise of the Star, all but two are 0:00. (I'm not sure if these are errors on OCR's or last.fm's part, or if it's only some issue on my end, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point these out anyway.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic