OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

Also, even if you don't click them and never will, simply viewing them helps out statistically.

I think what happens is that AdBlock Plus loads the ads, but doesn't display them. This effectively allows the ad to report that it was seen even though it technically wasn't.

This is one of the only sites on the internet that uses /forums instead of /forum and it's confusing to some people. I know I was confused for a while. I wouldn't ask you to do anything that was more than a five-minute job, and a redirect page is just a couple lines of code, right?

This is one of the only sites on the internet that uses /forums instead of /forum and it's confusing to some people. I know I was confused for a while. I wouldn't ask you to do anything that was more than a five-minute job, and a redirect page is just a couple lines of code, right?

Why would that even be an issue? Are you actually typing ocremix.org/forum into the addressbar? Why not just come to the site and click a link? :roll:

During my first days here, I was typing ocremix.org/forum in the address bar. It's a lot easier to type 6 or 7 extra characters than to go the community drop-down menu THEN wait for it to drop THEN going to the forums subsection THEN waiting for everything to open up THEN click index(all).

But not easier to just click "forums" on the sidebar? :P

It's clear to me from our 404 logs that some people LOVE typing in URLs manually. Even much longer ones.

I can do this redirect; I've been thinking of doing some other redirects of this nature, for instances when folks forget a trailing slash, etc., so it's in keeping with that intention.

Lot of people don't want to bookmark straight to the forums.

That said:

44502438li8.jpg

Was just noticing this about whenever you try to access any forum from any remix page - the dropdown menu always appears layered behind the last.fm player. Nothing big and nothing that bothers me, but I figured I'd post about it.

Looking fine in Firefox on mac. Doesn't look as good in Safari. Dunno how many Safari users there are that visit OCR so I don't know if it'd be worth it to fix it unless it can be done easily.

Here's how it looks to me.

Forgive me if it was mentioned already, I checked back a few pages to see if this was mentioned, but the safari pic was the only one I could find. This is actually how it looks for me in Firefox 3 RC1 (I know it's not a final version, but if a final version of a browser is doing it too, it may still happen in Firefox 3 post-release).

Lot of people don't want to bookmark straight to the forums.

And yet are trying (and complaining about) typing the URL in directly.

I'm just gonna call retardation on this one.

I mean really, people are free to make their life harder for whatever reason, but they have no right to complain about it later.

I just wanted to point out a slight error when I clicked on the "Support Us" link from the About drop down menu at the top of the page. When I clicked, it sent me here: http://www.ocremix.org/info/Support

Which basically retrieved the following:

There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

Retrieved from "http://www.ocremix.org/info/Support"

I'm doing something on Anime Remix like this in the next release (goal is before June)... BUT...

The mouse-over popup menu thingy that you're using is currently 'under' the fm play <object> tag.

This is some code from AR that I used to fix this problem. It's real simple but it was a pain to find the solution online.

:sleepdepriv:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Oh, and of course you should add it to embed just for browser compatibility issues

<embed 
wmode="transparent"
/>

This will allow divs with the proper index the availability to appear over this kind of object.

The Youtube frames are driving me insane. Even when you've unchecked "automatically parse links" the forum insists on making these frames from youtube links.

Over at the TWcenter.net forums, which are also VBulletin based, there's a tag you can wrap around youtube links if you want to create frames from them, otherwise the link will remain a link. Having automatic youtube frames for all youtube links is like enforcing all image links to be displayed as images. I assume this issue is already being worked on (although I didn't look very hard to find any info on how far work has come), but if you need help, maybe you could ask the people at TWcenter or I could do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are the complications of using 2 remixer names linked to one forum profile? Only reason I have two is because I'm studying 2 vastly different genres and I want to keep them separate....

All this is of course if I even get a remix accepted each with both names...

You're only allowed to be listed is one artist. We're not going to give you multiple remixer entries just because you're trying out different genres. If that were the case, I'd have 4-5 names myself. :roll:

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic