OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

Shaddap already about it. :tomatoface:

u smell! Nice work adding the sources though, saw it :)

In other, related, news: when a soundtrack is composed by a bunch of composers but they did different songs, should the source be assigned to the composer who did the track or everyone featured on the album?

At the moment, for example, my shadow hearts mix has the track assigned to the whole bunch of composers while it was only Yoshitaka Hirota who did the track(s).

Also regarding that, I had two sources on that one. Add "Death is the Great Leveller"

Now, proceed to hating me ;*

In other, related, news: when a soundtrack is composed by a bunch of composers but they did different songs, should the source be assigned to the composer who did the track or everyone featured on the album?

At the moment, for example, my shadow hearts mix has the track assigned to the whole bunch of composers while it was only Yoshitaka Hirota who did the track(s).

This is also true for Duke Nukem 3D. There were two composers and they each did about half of the music for the game. I don't know if the site software has support for that kind of data though.

Props on the new sub-forum! :D

I didn't see it, and there's been no news about it either, but yeah, it's there and it seems to work. I have nothing further right now though. A lot of the issues mentioned here haven't been fixed yet though, and DJP probably would be better informed about them if they were mentioned again in that sub-forum. I'm sure it'll fill up with new stuff eventually though.

I was looking for Uboichi's "Duet of the Keyblade Masters" but couldn't find it because apparently Kingdom Hearts II doesn't show up under 'K'.

Edit: Neither does Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Fixed: the list filters by games with remix count of > 0. This count wasn't being updated. Shouldn't happen again, good catch.

u smell! Nice work adding the sources though, saw it :)

Also regarding that, I had two sources on that one. Add "Death is the Great Leveller"

Now, proceed to hating me ;*

Talk to Larry on the source add.

Regarding song-specific composer credits, it'd be a huge amount of work for relatively small payoff. We associate composers with games, which is enough work... all other associations can be inferred by associating mixes w/ games, songs w/ games, albums w/ games, etc. If we changed that we'd be creating a buttload of additional data entry, which I want to avoid.

I have a question. Why do we still not have a button that appears on/with your posts when you plug in your website into your profile? I know you folks are busy, but doesn't it seem kind of odd that after over two years, you can put your website URL in, yet there's nothing that allows people to visit it when you post? A button next to "Quote" and "Edit" might not work, but what about something along the top with your AIM, Yahoo! and whatnot icons?

Pretty please?

It makes sense to me on the surface. I guess the only reason vB devs may have avoided it is that it's a free-form link, which people might tend to populate with links to spam, malware, etc.... the Yahoo, last.fm, etc. icons are locked down to those specific URLs, so they're pretty safe.

Now, granted, you can click on the URL from the user's profile field, which means the risk is still there, but it's multiplied when it's on every single post.

I dunno, I definitely see the value, I'm just concerned on this specific point...

It makes sense to me on the surface. I guess the only reason vB devs may have avoided it is that it's a free-form link, which people might tend to populate with links to spam, malware, etc.... the Yahoo, last.fm, etc. icons are locked down to those specific URLs, so they're pretty safe.

Now, granted, you can click on the URL from the user's profile field, which means the risk is still there, but it's multiplied when it's on every single post.

I dunno, I definitely see the value, I'm just concerned on this specific point...

Is there anyway to have it verified before the icon appears?

Is there anyway to have it verified before the icon appears?

Not that I'm aware of... you could do something with RegEx that made assumptions about certain characters, but nothing that would actually go out to the link itself and make sure it's kosher, as that's not possible w/ JavaScript due to security.

The chiptune download pages still show Supertux links.

Fixed.

I have a question. Why do we still not have a button that appears on/with your posts when you plug in your website into your profile? I know you folks are busy, but doesn't it seem kind of odd that after over two years, you can put your website URL in, yet there's nothing that allows people to visit it when you post? A button next to "Quote" and "Edit" might not work, but what about something along the top with your AIM, Yahoo! and whatnot icons?

Pretty please?

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying this, but between posters and mods, most spambot accounts that would use such a link for spam, malware and whatnot, are spotted and gone in a matter of minutes. Also, if a real poster were to abuse the homepage button, couldn't they just have that privilege revoked permanently? I mean, if someone puts the wrong info if their "real name" field, or turns off PMs, they get warned and/or temp-banned, right? So why not do the same for a "home page" link?

We can link to our sites in our sigs like I do, so the possibility for abuse is there already to a lesser extent. Adding a homepage button would free up sig character space that's wasted by having to do this, and it would look more professional/cleaner than having people with something like "Click here to go to my site" under a bunch of posts.

Still waiting for the ability to change the title of my own threads. It's been built in the whole time and we still don't have it... Judging from the instructions I was given and then forwarded to djp via DarkeSword, changing the setting to allow this would only take a minute or two. PLEASE make it a sticky on your prio list. It would be extremely useful in the WiP forum, if not elsewhere.

Two nitpicks re User CP info...

1) Edit Avatar: It says they're "displayed under your username whenever you post"; everyone sees them on the left.

2) Edit Profile: Under Location, it says it's "linked up to Google Maps." This feature hasn't been active for a while. I don't know if this was unintentional (lost during djp's power outage, maybe?) or deliberate (a lot of people don't fill that space with a valid city/state/country), but if there are no plans to reinstate it, I feel it would be proper to cut "linked up to Google Maps" from the description.

Would it be possible to not post tracks from new albums in the in the"Latest Remixes" window; or, at the very least add to the remix info colum on the right that the track is in an Album?

Actually the tracks are posted in "Latest Remixes" because they've just been posted on OCR, not because they appear on a recently released album. We might post album-tracks that HAS BEEN SUBMITTED to OCR to pimp a new album but first and foremost it's because they are new remixes in the OCR library.

Also, first, all three tracks on the frontpage from SF2 aren't on the album. Second, not all album tracks can be posted on OCR because of various reasons (arrangement being one) so you won't see the entire album there.

The right hand column DOES only show newly added remixes to OCR and removing remixes from that just because they ALSO appear on an album wouldn't be fair nor a good idea. Pretty much :tomatoface:

In other news I get an error when searching for "josé" in the "remixer" box, probably because of the é

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xE9 0x22 0x20 0x71 in Entity, line: 2 in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/php/classes/BaseView.php on line 155

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() expects parameter 1 to be object, boolean given in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/php/classes/BaseView.php on line 155

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic