OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just switched from the previous system for artist images, which only allowed medium res, awkwardly aspect-ratio forced images, to a lightbox... examples:

Some of the captioning gets cut off on smaller images, which needs to be fixed. We might do multiple games images, system images, etc., so I think we'll get a lot of mileage out of this switch, and that it's preferable to alternatives.

Gracias for fixing the ReMixer links and labels in the Reviews and Judges Decisions forums. I'm just noting that sigs have regained visibility in the process, in case you still want them invisible there. (Doesn't bother me personally, just sayin'.)

Also, I can't believe I missed this yesterday, but the review thread for Otanjoubi Cid says FFVI (6) instead of FFVII (7).

The recently posted list has the Castlevania III mix in it which takes up a lot of rows due to the large number of remixers which have long names and the song name which is also pretty long. It's too close to the remix below it, it doesn't look good. The list should space the entries out more if this happens again.

I know I mentioned this somewhere else. It's old. As is the issue with the mascots not being clickable.

Not anymore :tomatoface:

Gracias for fixing the ReMixer links and labels in the Reviews and Judges Decisions forums. I'm just noting that sigs have regained visibility in the process, in case you still want them invisible there. (Doesn't bother me personally, just sayin'.)

Also, I can't believe I missed this yesterday, but the review thread for Otanjoubi Cid says FFVI (6) instead of FFVII (7).

Yeah I basically killed the alt template... I'm thinking we'll keep the review threads w/ sigs intact since we're working on a different way of highlighting comments on mix pages themselves...

The torrent tab looks odd.

http://www.ocremix.org/torrents/

The speed doesn't look too great either, at least for most of these. And when is the 1000-1800 torrent launched?

EDIT: I noticed the "lyrics" tab on remix pages doesn't have the grey border around it.

Damn, kicking my ass, aren't you? I plan to visually overhaul the torrents but at the moment the db is corrupt again and obtaining a means of repairing it is key...

The recently posted list has the Castlevania III mix in it which takes up a lot of rows due to the large number of remixers which have long names and the song name which is also pretty long. It's too close to the remix below it, it doesn't look good. The list should space the entries out more if this happens again.

I messed around with this... tried variable heights, for instance... problem is that when they're floated left and listed multi-column, variable heights break the columns up in very ugly ways. There may be other options...

The main page for Sagat's Moonbike says it was evaluated by the judges, linking to the 1001-1250 Lockdown Decision thread.

Great catch, there. It was because of how the lockdown thread was named, since the link up used to key off thread title (and still may)... I've renamed the thread to prevent future issues and removed the thread id from the mix entry.

http://www.ocremix.org/album/13/summoning-of-spirits-an-arrangement-of-music-from-tales-of-phantasia-and-tales-of-symphonia <-- TheDeath is missing from that page, I assume because he wasn't added to the database until after this page was created.

http://www.ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-official-soundtrack <-- Jivemaster is missing from that page. No excuse for that one. :tomatoface:

http://www.ocremix.org/album/13/summoning-of-spirits-an-arrangement-of-music-from-tales-of-phantasia-and-tales-of-symphonia <-- TheDeath is missing from that page, I assume because he wasn't added to the database until after this page was created.

http://www.ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-official-soundtrack <-- Jivemaster is missing from that page. No excuse for that one. :tomatoface:

Already added after you mentioned it to me earlier. DB needs to be synced up to reflect the updates.

Here's a thought...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, or not, but would it be possible to have the name of the "mascot" show up on mouse-over?

Just a thought from someone who may not have time/patience to read a whole bio on the character but is still curious to what their name is.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic