OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

do you know how i download songs? whenever i hit download all it does is open a quicktime thing, is there like a way so i can put a song on itunes from here?

Right-click the link to the song and select download/save link(ed file) as. On mac, control-click (if you haven't set the mouse to use a second button) and do the same, or alt-click

• 2 weeks later...
I was not aware of this. I would like to remove this "feature", as I enjoy laughing at futile attempts to mask things.

go to the very bottom of the style and change this line

font { color: #1b1b1b !important }

to this

font { color: #aaa !important }

or just remove the line entirely

I, on the other hand, rather like these as spoiler tags and added this line to supplement color=white

font { color: #1b1b1b !important }

Edited by Gollgagh

• 4 weeks later...

When I type something in the search box and then change the category, it erases what I just typed. It's not a big deal but I like to search for mixes and since the default is games, I end up typing the name of the mix, realizing I have to change the category to mixes, and the retype the name of the mix. Like I said, not a huge deal, but if you could have a buffer to save the content of the box, it probably wouldn't take more than an hour to fully implement and test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few game title-related matters:

1) DuckTales needs a capital T according to Wikipedia and Google.

2) Since we're going with full titles in the database, Guilty Gear X (Dreamcast) could use its subtitle "By Your Side" added on its page and in its url. If you need proof, take a look at a larger image of the cover.

3) Personal nitpick: I'd like to see the Street Fighter pages for Champion Edition and The New Challengers (arcade) replace the hyphen - with a colon : in their titles for consistency.

And speaking of Champion Edition, it was released in '92, not '94.

A few game title-related matters:

1) DuckTales needs a capital T according to Wikipedia and Google.

2) Since we're going with full titles in the database, Guilty Gear X (Dreamcast) could use its subtitle "By Your Side" added on its page and in its url. If you need proof, take a look at a larger image of the cover.

3) Personal nitpick: I'd like to see the Street Fighter pages for Champion Edition and The New Challengers (arcade) replace the hyphen - with a colon : in their titles for consistency.

And speaking of Champion Edition, it was released in '92, not '94.

For no reason, I refuse to make these fixes. (i.e. done, the fixes will be live later.) Re: GGX, I see what you're saying and agree, but Dave has a point that conventionally, practically no one at all uses "By Your Side" as a subtitle, unlike say Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. But I have added the data of the full GGX name as an alternate name.

Edited by Liontamer

When I type something in the search box and then change the category, it erases what I just typed. It's not a big deal but I like to search for mixes and since the default is games, I end up typing the name of the mix, realizing I have to change the category to mixes, and the retype the name of the mix. Like I said, not a huge deal, but if you could have a buffer to save the content of the box, it probably wouldn't take more than an hour to fully implement and test.

Seconded. This is a very annoying and completely unnecessary behavior.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried looking for any threads on it, but I see none, so I guess this is the best place to ask.

Is this the new forum upgrade? I see that everything is more square ish.

Any way to get the "private messages" button back on the top right? It makes going to your inbox easier than what I have to do now.

I assume you're using IE8? This isn't the forum upgrade, that'll look significantly different. This was an HTML/CSS change to switch from using *somewhat* hackish nested div tags to instead using the CSS3 rounded-corner property. IE8 doesn't support this, but FF35, Chrome, Opera 10.5 all do. IE9 is supposed to, when it comes out.

I realize the aesthetic will be slightly less pleasing for our IE users, but to me it's worth the tradeoff for much cleaner HTML/CSS. Approximately:

Before:

<div class="panel-white">
<div class="panel-white-tl"> </div>
<div class="panel-white-tr"> </div>
<div class="panel-white-inside"> STUFF GOES HERE!! </div>
<div class="nogap"> </div>
<div class="panel-white-bl"> </div>
<div class="panel-white-br"> </div>
</div>

After:

<div class="panel-white"> STUFF GOES HERE!! </div>

I didn't move the private messages link - is it still not showing up, after refreshing? It should not have been affected.

If you're not using IE8 or earlier, please let me know what you are using. Again, IE9 should come along this year, and has been advertised to support rounded-corners.

Part of my decision-making process was that vBulletin 4, which WILL be the forum upgrade, employs rounded-corners in its default theme, and simply looks boxy in IE. I figured if they're gonna do it, so am I, plus I like the cleaner code.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic