OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

• 1 month later...

So, I've never quite understood this, but what's with the default latest-post-first forum configuration for registered members? While I personally don't mind it (and actually prefer it over the "normal, latest-last" setup :tomatoface:), I've noticed that it can confuse discussions.

So, I've never quite understood this, but what's with the default latest-post-first forum configuration for registered members? While I personally don't mind it (and actually prefer it over the "normal, latest-last" setup :tomatoface:), I've noticed that it can confuse discussions.

You can change it under "user CP - edit options." I have no idea why members default to that... I prefer it though.

You can change it under "user CP - edit options." I have no idea why members default to that... I prefer it though.

Oh, I certainly agree (maybe that's why this is the forum I visit the most, because I'm used to this layout), and I hope that it sticks around when DJP rolls out the new forum.

I've just noticed that it sometimes causes issues when people jump into a thread, take a glance at the first few items, and then comment. While this isn't always a problem, it can lead to some confusion and frustration in threads that rely on posters/commenters reading the first post (such as the current OCR Mascot voting thread) if a new user is automatically shown the newest stuff instead of the (rather important) first post.

Hmm, perhaps, but I'm not sure how the date would apply as far as confusion with not reading the OP is concerned

Well, if you read the date, you'd know how recent the post was, and if you scroll through the page, it should be clear what the chronology of the posts are. When you know that, you can get the idea that if you want the first post, you'd want the first chronological post. ;-)

Well, if you read the date, you'd know how recent the post was, and if you scroll through the page, it should be clear what the chronology of the posts are. When you know that, you can get the idea that if you want the first post, you'd want the first chronological post. ;-)

Post numbers help too :-)

Cmd-clicking on remix titles, artist names, dates or sources in the music database, or anything in the latest remixes box, which normally opens the link in a new tab behind the current one, now _also_ opens it in the current tab. I get two tabs with the same page. It makes it difficult to open a bunch of links from one page in separate tabs. This doesn't happen with all links on the site, or even in the music database when clicking on game names. I haven't noticed the site doing that before.

We're definitely aware of this, but thanks for bringing it up again. It's a Chrome thing, and this doesn't happen in other browsers. djp may be able to explain what's changed in Chrome but I'm not sure if he has plans to work around this issue vs. working on OCR v6. IMO, it's ENOUGH of a UX annoyance that we should see if it can be fixed. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Final Summoning has in-game audio sampled into it, I think this is verboten by Square-Enix? (I feel bad for pointing this out).

Zillion source tunes seem to originate from the anime - although the airing of the anime & the release of the first video game are only about a month apart. "Outside Planet" is the closing theme in the anime ("Pure Stone"), and "Inside Planet" appears on a Zillion anime OST as "Break a trap for yourself", though I have no idea if it appears in the anime.

Final Summoning has in-game audio sampled into it, I think this is verboten by Square-Enix? (I feel bad for pointing this out).

Anything from the past is grandfathered in per our agreement with them. It's just going forward, we disallow SE samples of any kind.

Zillion source tunes seem to originate from the anime - although the airing of the anime & the release of the first video game are only about a month apart. "Outside Planet" is the closing theme in the anime ("Pure Stone"), and "Inside Planet" appears on a Zillion anime OST as "Break a trap for yourself", though I have no idea if it appears in the anime.

I did notice that back in the day when researching for lockdowns. Since the productions were 6 weeks apart and Sega was a co-producer of the anime (with some character/product tie-ins), Jun Irie's music is at least known enough from the game as from the anime, and may have been concurrently developed. We'll likely need to credit him as well as an composer for the game.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic