OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

Not sure if they have already been mentioned, but I have a couple of things. When I'm browsing through the forums on my phone, the site randomly switches between the mobile and full version.

Also, I don't see a way to skip to different pages in the mobile version (I may have overlooked it, idk...). I have to go through every page.

In the full version the page numbers are on the bottom, but in mobile you just have "next" and "previous."

I asked djp about it, and he'll see if this issue is resolved when we move from IPB 3 to IPB 4. Definitely agreed it's needlessly annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this has already been said or not, but if I load the desktop version on my mobile phone (since the inbox or new posts aren't easily accessible otherwise), the "inbox" icon is partially behind the OCR logo on the forums. This makes it very diffucult to see if there are any new messages and also very difficult to tap the inbox icon (I usually tap the OCR logo instead). I'm using a Galaxy S5 fyi

On the front page, under "ReMix Comments" there's a text encoding mismatch for: EarthBound 'Dialima tu Kafé'

Chrome says the HTTP response's Content-Type doesn't have a charset but the HTML does as UTF-8, so I'm guessing some server-side content generator is just messing up the text encoding.  It believes the charset it's reading with is ISO-8859-1, and is helpfully transforming it to UTF-8.  However, the charset was already UTF-8...

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that since the latest update, there is no longer a link to OC ReMix artist profiles below a posted remixer's user name. I'm wondering if this was a deliberate design choice, or something that may have been overlooked. I liked having that link, that was one of the ways I discovered posted remixers.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the old "new forums" thread, so I think this is the most appropriate place to ask this question... is adding the "OC ReMix Artist Profile" link from a forum username still in the works? I recall Dave and/or Larry saying that was being worked on when we transitioned to the new forums. I always liked being able to easily see if someone was a posted artist (and then checking out their stuff) from within the forums. Thanks!

I can't seem to find the old "new forums" thread, so I think this is the most appropriate place to ask this question... is adding the "OC ReMix Artist Profile" link from a forum username still in the works? I recall Dave and/or Larry saying that was being worked on when we transitioned to the new forums. I always liked being able to easily see if someone was a posted artist (and then checking out their stuff) from within the forums. Thanks!

Eventually, but it'll be back.

I saw the link for follow us on twitter and facebook under the preview this mix button on the mixpost page... I was thinking it would be awesome if that was follow the artist!! It would be such a good place for those buttons right next to where the artist's music link is posted!

I agree. I think it would be worth exploring putting some artist links on remix pages.

I saw the link for follow us on twitter and facebook under the preview this mix button on the mixpost page... I was thinking it would be awesome if that was follow the artist!! It would be such a good place for those buttons right next to where the artist's music link is posted!

Most of the right column is intended for non-context specific content, but yeah... this is planned, just not in the same exact location.

• 2 months later...

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it'd be nice to get some thoughts on it:

Font size, line spacing, post whitespace.

I'm seeing Arial 14pt on the forum, and Arial 12pt in the remix write-ups. Why the larger size on the forum?

I'm not sure line spacing is a problem, but some of my posts look much longer on the forum than in textedit where I sometimes write them. It could just be the font size, but line spacing might also be involved, especially if double line breaks lead to a single, empty paragraph, and paragraph breaks are greater than regular line breaks.

And the whitespace, where every post has a 1) Poster bar, 2) posted date bar, 3) actual post, 4) like bar, 5) edit/report/quote bar, and a 6) sig (although I've turned them off so the forum would actually be usable on a laptop screen). Couldn't 1+2 and 4+5 be combined, respectively?

Is there a way to shrink the vertical size of the posts to make it easier to read the forum as more of a conversation?

Also, who enforces the sig size rule?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way for thread notifications to be condensed into a single notification per thread that updates, rather than a notification per reply? This can make it hard to see what threads you follow have updated, especially if one is very active - you may get thirty notifications from one thread and end up missing one or two notifications about another, simply because of the volume of notifications.

For me, the form subscription system that vbulletin offered is much more useful than the one that is currently employed with the new-ish forums.

• 3 weeks later...

So far, I like the new forum update, but trying to dodge the OCR Mascot in order to get to the forum settings can be problematic at times. Within the past five minutes, I've accidentally gone to the mascot page instead of my settings several times.

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic