Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

An honest question here, but who actually uses the threaded or hybrid modes at all?

I use threaded mode on all vbulletin forums I frequent, including this one.

Hybrid isn't too bad, but if you want the former feel that you had with Phpbb, stay with linear.

Threaded is just weird though. A totally new forum style that I would have to force myself to get used to, which I have no intention of doing.

I have a request.

When we get the old smilies back, can we rename :roll: to :darkesword: ? You know...to honor him and his work and such.

Double post, but I have a request.

When we get the old smilies back, can we rename :roll: to :darkesword: ? You know...to honor him and his work and such.

I support this 100% despite its low chance of happening.

I support this 100% despite its low chance of happening.

I would've had a normal reply here, but i had to click reply on the last post to use this box.

Not really a big issue but, how come the "Judges Decisions" forum hasn't been updated recently?

I've been busy.

The link to the Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2 RSN files (on this page) are broken.

The correct links are:

http://www.ocremix.org/songs/original/Donkey%20Kong%20Country.rsn

http://www.ocremix.org/songs/original/Donkey%20Kong%20Country%202.rsn

Also, the 404 page has a few broken links, but that's already been pointed out:

I don't know if this has been addressed, but the 404 page http://www.ocremix.org/404

Now has two broken links: Forums (because they still lead to phpbb2) and Links.

Minor issue, but would it be possible to see more avatars per page on the selection, or at least sort them alphabetically (Ramza was the very last avatar, I had to go through all 9 pages to find it).

So I see the spambots are back. There's really no stopping these fuckers is there?

How the hell do they get through the type the image in the box thing?

Not all Captchas (thats what those image things are called) are fool-proof. A lot of bots are made to read through them. So at the same time, it's slowing down the real people that want to use the search feature.

We could use something that asks the user what the answer to a basic question is. Even just telling the user to type in a word during registration will stop many bots in their tracks.

You can also try using this.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124828

'Knights Come Marching Home'(under Chrono Trigger) link doesn't seem to work.

And whatever happened to the little animated faces?

All 3 links for that mix work fine.

The old faces will be back eventually. It's never been a high priority.

All 3 links for that mix work fine.

The old faces will be back eventually. It's never been a high priority.

Well when I get to where it has the song and you click on it it just takes forever then it has an error. I never get to the song with the writeup, download, review and all that. Been like that for a few days.

I have a few issues with the new forums. They seem like little things, but they all annoy the crap outta me. The first is that embedded URLs not only have no indication, but to my knowledge can't be formatted (i.e. you can't manually underline them). This really bugs me, as I use links a lot. The second is that when you type a word, highlight it and add a URL to it, once you start typing again it automatically includes everything following in the URL. You have to either leave a space (which I always forget to do) or write out your entire sentence before going back to add URLs.

The other two, which I'm sure have been mentioned plenty of times, are the ten-character limit (which is small, so I can deal with it), and the four-picture limit. This would be ok if it didn't include all of the Smilies...seriously, what's up with that?

Are these only annoyances to me? And is there a workaround for any of them?

embedded URLs not only have no indication, but to my knowledge can't be formatted

Yes please fix this :( takes like 3 seconds to mess with the CSS and make unvisited URLS a dark orange [or whatever color you think would be stylistically better], so I can find links.

Also yeah maybe 10 images instead of 4 that'd be nice. Also 99% of the smileys are 404ing for some reason.