Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

Sources and brackets are finished and in the first post.  Please review to make sure your selection is correct and that the timing works for you.

Also please note the area title assigned to your source.  You'll be using that when you name your remix submission files.

Edit: Missed this earlier, somehow:

On 1/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, Gario said:

@MindWanderer I would be careful with a "Losers Bracket". While it CAN work, it's better to keep it simple. If I recall correctly, Darke's first Mega Megaman compo some time ago had a loser's Bracket, and it pretty much fell to pieces by the end. Good music still came out of all of it, but the compo became quite muddled.

Yeah, that was before I started frequenting these forums, but I did notice that from reading the archives.  That's why I'm doing a point-based losers' bracket, so that if someone is too fatigued to continue, their dropping out won't be a free pass for their opponent--and if they want to jump back in later on, they can.  That's also why I'm calling the winner of the winners' bracket a tournament victor even if they lose the final round (thus effectively making that round optional for them), but the winner of the losers' bracket has a shot at earning co-winner.

Also, since I'd like to make an OCR-I out of this for Castlevania's 30th anniversary, I want to give people who drop out more chances to create something they like well enough to include.

4 hours ago, Jorito said:

Was pleasantly surprised the remix period is 2 weeks, where I expected one. That makes my remixes less of a rush job so that can only mean they will be better quality, rite? ;)

I was also super relieved to see the 2 week period. 2 weeks allows me to take a day here and there for some recovery from work stress without feeling guilty over not remixing.

5 hours ago, Sir_NutS said:

So I just noticed the dates (didn't read them the first time >_>) does anyone from the first bracket want to switch? (If Mindwanderer allows it).   I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks and this time would be perfect for me to do the round as I'll have all the free time I need.

I'm fine with it if someone agrees before the pairings go up.  Aleix Ramon and PlanarianHugger need to be in the first bracket, but I haven't heard any such schedule restrictions from anyone else.

6 hours ago, Chalis said:

Still wondering how to add the sig on mobile. Been tough to do since the forum update.

Touch the triple bars in the top right, then Account, then Account Settings. Touch the drop-down arrow next to Overview. Signature is one of the options. You'll need to upload the banner somewhere, then Insert Other Media -> Insert From URL.