Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

Victory in the Soma Bracket, Round 2 goes to Wildfire!  Magnetic Ether and Supercoolmike move into the Dracula bracket.

Remixes for the Simon Bracket, Round 2 and the Dracula Bracket, Round 1 are up!  Sadly, we got only 2 entries for the former and 3 for the latter, but it's enough for a vote.  Voting threads will go up shortly.

Results are in!

OA moves on to the hero finals, along with Gario and Wildfire.  The hero finals will again be a simple 3-way matchup, where each remixer needs to use all three sources.

Jorito achieves a clean sweep of the Dracula Bracket, earning 4 points.  PlanarianHugger and TheShaggyFreak tie for last place and earn one point each.

The source for the Dracula Bracket, Round 2 is Sorrow's Distortion from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia!  Again, anyone who wants to participate should submit a remix using that source and their own.

Both deadlines are 2 weeks from now, March 23.  Get remixing!

1 hour ago, MindWanderer said:

Results are in!

OA moves on to the hero finals, along with Gario and Wildfire.  The hero finals will again be a simple 3-way matchup, where each remixer needs to use all three sources.

Jorito achieves a clean sweep of the Dracula Bracket, earning 4 points.  PlanarianHugger and TheShaggyFreak tie for last place and earn one point each.

The source for the Dracula Bracket, Round 2 is Sorrow's Distortion from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia!  Again, anyone who wants to participate should submit a remix using that source and their own.

Both deadlines are 2 weeks from now, March 23.  Get remixing!

Which source are you referring to dude?  Would it be one of our 5 picks we chose from the start or the same track we've been using?

• 2 weeks later...

Arrangement wise I'm pretty much done, I also have lyrics (silly stuff, since they are mine and the track needs it), my main worry is getting the production into a decent shape (as usual, but now I have only a few hours to iron things out). It will probably be a bit rough here and there, but since I'm in the losers bracket I'm not competing with OA and Wildfire anyway :P

*edit: just wrote out the lyrics, and man they are silly out of context!*

Hope to see some other entries in the Dracula bracket too! I feel lonely there atm ;)

I'm not really a fan of mid-week deadlines. I'd much prefer Sunday afternoon deadlines, so I can stay up til ungodly hours of the night perfecting my remix. Can't really do that when I have to be at work in the morning :/

All my lyrics are written, just have to record and process them all tomorrow. No big deal, right? 

11 hours ago, wildfire said:

I'm not really a fan of mid-week deadlines. I'd much prefer Sunday afternoon deadlines, so I can stay up til ungodly hours of the night perfecting my remix. Can't really do that when I have to be at work in the morning :/

Yeah, I know mid-week is unusual for that reason among others.  Unfortunately, my schedule is such that I can only work on managing this stuff when I'm at work myself.  And I tend to be too busy Mondays doing actual work-work.

Looking forward to the results!