OCR03273 - Dungeonmans "Tibetan Tussle"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Solid intro here. Nice pads, percussions, voice samples and synths used to create the eastern feeling. The bass that enters at 0:45 has a cool saw effect but sounds a bit thin, like if it lacked more bass. Not sure if I have much else to say, the samples are nice, production is clean and the arrangement is fun, even if it doesn't have many catchy melodies. You really nail this heavier electronic sound which is quite zircon-ish. Maybe, even too zircon-ish! That's a compliment of course, but I'd be interested in having you branch out a bit more sometimes.

Oh man is this track so good. I loved how the vibe of Eastern music blends so well with the electronic music you’ve produced. This track strikes me as something that could be used as a battle theme, or the theme of a fast paced action level. I didn’t even realize how short this track is, as I enjoyed it so much to make me lose track of time.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03273 - Dungeonmans "Tibetan Tussle"
  • 2 months later...

Honestly, this doesn't even really seem all that short to me, and even if it is, there is a lot of impressive work in this mix for only three days. Strong Eastern arrangement with some glitchy synths to add energy and action makes for the kind of ReMix that partially reminds me of some of the later levels in some Prince of Persia games, just with better production if you know what I mean. Great mix, and I gotta echo DJP in that I'd love to see you tackle some Shantae themes with how well you you handled faster energy and Eastern sounds from this one. Nice work!

1 hour ago, Crulex said:

Honestly, this doesn't even really seem all that short to me, and even if it is, there is a lot of impressive work in this mix for only three days. Strong Eastern arrangement with some glitchy synths to add energy and action makes for the kind of ReMix that partially reminds me of some of the later levels in some Prince of Persia games, just with better production if you know what I mean. Great mix, and I gotta echo DJP in that I'd love to see you tackle some Shantae themes with how well you you handled faster energy and Eastern sounds from this one. Nice work!

Thank you, I really appreciate that! Actually, a Shantae remix ("On Fire") already went through the queue!