OCR03274 - Clystron "Orbital Space Junk"

Liontamer

Nice work! I think this had the usual good pacing that you tend to have, and exhibits an 80s feel that effectively uses rhythmic and textural changes as the progression (for instance, 2:35 - 2:51 was a nice way to use a bit of atonality to add nuance to a rhythmic sound that might otherwise be somewhat mechanical). It might be a bit repetitive to some, but I think it's about at the 'standard' pacing for EDM so I'd say it's fine. Personally I don't always follow the "1-minute-in drop" convention either (but since that sometimes gives me a shorter ReMix in the end, sometimes I inadvertently do it anyway, and I end up setting myself up for a longer structure, which I tend to prefer).

• 2 weeks later...

This is classical Sir_Nuts. Mix begins interestingly with a cool somewhat syncopated synth. It could get tiring fast but luckily there's enough effects applied to make it a bit varied even if it plays the same thing for like 1 minute. I wasn't really feeling the bass notes there though (just before the minute mark). The following section is more upbeat with a cool bass line and some interesting rhytmic synths on top (and some voice samples too!). It gets a bit repetitive then, but not enough to bore me since the rhytm is tight and the production is clean. I think that adding some newer stuff near the 3:00 mark would've been welcome though.

Overall, this is a pretty good remix with clean production and interesting use of samples and effects to fill the soundscape. Can't speak much about the source usage since I'm not familiar with it although I had a quick listen and immediately heard the theme used in the intro.

This is a fairly decent, 80s inspired electronic mix. I think my favorite part of this track is the vocal samples and how they were used in conjunction with the beats of the track. It probably might turn some people off, with how “choppy” it sounds, but there are enough layers to this track to make it entertaining enough to listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03274 - Clystron "Orbital Space Junk"
  • 2 months later...

Never heard of this game, but the vocal clips and the electric beat of this one gives me a beat-em-up nightclub level vibe. Very much a fan of the latter half of this mix, where everything hits just right and the melody takes off in all it's EDM glory. Such an interesting track to me, because I can hear a lot of styles mixed in terms of years, like I get a little bit of 80's and 90's mixed together here, which is super cool to me. Not sure if it's just me or what, but I totally dig it. Good stuff.