NOTICE: Forums upgraded to IPS 4.1.X (report issues)

djpretzel

Seems like that is more due to your resolution.. I have a small resolution on my laptop but I have no menu overlapping at the top right. 

I do have an issue with posts seeming to just disappear, and also the menu at the right  where it says your name, often gets covered by the Mascot, so when you try to click into your menu you get a handful of mascot instead. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

I do have an issue with posts seeming to just disappear, and also the menu at the right  where it says your name, often gets covered by the Mascot, so when you try to click into your menu you get a handful of mascot instead. 

If you're talking about the post with the picture of Nic Cage as Cloud, I deleted that post.

27 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

Seems like that is more due to your resolution.. I have a small resolution on my laptop but I have no menu overlapping at the top right.

If you shrink the window on Firefox, you should see the layout change, and that's when I get the issue. It would be an easy fix though; just raise the z-index of the userbar. If you're talking about the Mascot, then yeah, it's partly the resolution, but you can fix it by changing one of the layouts defined in the CSS by the @media declaration so that for that specific range of window widths, the mascot CSS has something like display: visible; instead of display: none;.

5 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Well, signatures have been re-enabled. That was probably part of it ;)

I have sigs disabled. Can't read this place otherwise.

I don't know what the design plans are, but I'm hoping that 27 pixels worth of text won't take up 280 pixels worth of vertical space. That's a single line of text in a post, no sig. I don't know if anyone uses an HDTV flipped on its side as their screen, but it seems that's what the current design requires.

Also, tabbed browsing doesn't work. The page number links don't let me cmd- or cmd-option- click. It should open the link in a new tab/window. It does not.

11 minutes ago, timaeus222 said:

What's the actual image? Your image, which is supposed to show an error, is an error in itself (not being able to examine your own attachments in "My Attachments" under "Content" in the userbar). :P

The first error, with regards to the judges decisions not working, was 1S160/2

The second error I'm seeing, when I try and click on the PDF file i'm trying to view, is 2C171/1

6 hours ago, timaeus222 said:

Whenever I go to a mixpost page and click "post your own..." to write a review (at least on the latest two mixes, if not more), I get Error code 2S100/6. Also, when I click "complete thread" from the mixpost page, there is no link to return to the "ReMix Details page" as there had been before. So, while we can still review, it tends to require clicking "complete thread" and then making a review via the reply box there.

@timaeus222 The first issue should be resolved; please confirm. The second issue is a customization that will be reinstated once things have settled down a bit.

10 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

Email notifications for thread replies are FORCED ON. This is not good.

Screenshot (4).png

@DarkeSword This setting was indeed overridden by default... I guess the thinking at IPS is that it increases engagement or something, but I made it configurable by users. Please confirm when you can.

1 hour ago, YoshiBlade said:

I keep getting this when I click on Judge's Decision from a song  

Hell's bells, the link to the pdf isn't working, The error code on the PDF, of the screenshot I took is 1S160/2.

Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 8.09.25 PM.pdf

@YoshiBlade Okay, this was a two-part issue:

1. The first issue, with clicking on judge decision threads from remixes, should be resolved.
  2. The second issue was that you should never have been able to upload an attachment in the first place... we're not ready to enable attachments quite yet, but they got enabled automatically during the upgrade. You were able to upload an attachment, but since no one has permission to DOWNLOAD attachments, you encountered the second error.

30 minutes ago, Bleck said:

quotes are broken

Nope

This works:

[quote]Hola[/quote]

This doesn't though:

[quote name="Name"]Hola[/quote]

^ This doesn't give

Hola

but

[quote name="Name"]Hola

and so the closing "quote" tag disappears.

But if you don't try to code in the person's name with name="Name", it works fine. :/

I personally love the attachment feature but I think it should have a cap on it for sure, maybe 10mb. And it should be limited to common image formats and mp3 / ogg

I also like the built-in post saving for when you're thinking of posting something, leave, and come back and post it later. I don't know if I'd necessarily trust it for something big but it's cool nonetheless. The dropdown menu at the top is still showing up behind the forum frame for some reason, which makes more difference on the music and people tab than it does on the forum tab, which hasn't been too useful since changing forum versions :-) It'd probably be functional enough as just a normal simple button

Oh right, I like the automatic paragraph breaking by default now! No more pressing enter twice! It's the little productivity increases that matter most!

The new forum is great, thank you and very nice work! :nicework: 

P.S. I'd like to point out that I'm the first user to have an animated gif avatar
edited again: Will there ever be a "site chat", I see a list of active users with links to their names.. makes me think site chat

Edited by Brandon Strader
cause i'm da best (again!)

27 minutes ago, Neblix said:

It's now extremely hard to remove quotes using "backspace" key. Before it was just a textual element that would get deleted, now you have to click on the grey bubble and do it. Additionally when a quote is present in my message, "ctrl+A" no longer works anywhere.

I question the UX choices of these IPS people. :<

I don't know if I find it "extremely hard" but it's a little annoying... some of that is just CKEditor and not the IPS dev team. Might take some getting used to, might be improvied with a future release. It's bothered me a bit, but I've been using IPS4 over at the main Invision site, and I've gotten very used to it. Then again, I never found it extremely hard ;)

6 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

I don't know if I find it "extremely hard" but it's a little annoying... some of that is just CKEditor and not the IPS dev team. Might take some getting used to, might be improvied with a future release. It's bothered me a bit, but I've been using IPS4 over at the main Invision site, and I've gotten very used to it. Then again, I never found it extremely hard ;)

I am just generally not a fan of all this "WISYWIG USE YOUR MOUSE AND WASTE TIME" thing. Forums are forums. Why can't I just type and use keyboard shortcuts that have worked ever since word processing was a thing? :/ Even right now I'm unable to use "ctrl+A" to copy or get rid of this message as I'm typing it. If I drag my mouse to highlight the whole thing the quote thing isn't included, so if I try to delete the quote is still there, then have to double click the grey area to delete it.

Now imagine I was multi quoting. :P Now basically the fastest way to clear my message is to press F5. And in something that should just be as easy as writing text, that's kind of sad. I kind of miss vBulletin now. Everything looks nicer now, sure, but the functionality is all mucked up.

7 minutes ago, Neblix said:

Now imagine I was multi quoting. :P Now basically the fastest way to clear my message is to press F5. And in something that should just be as easy as writing text, that's kind of sad. I kind of miss vBulletin now. Everything looks nicer now, sure, but the functionality is all mucked up.

I think you missed the part where I suggested you take some time to get used to it before forming any judgments :) I've been multi-quoting and responding in this thread, with callouts, with very little issue, personally... I agree that sometimes it gets kludgy, but my experience (with more extensive utilization than yours) is that most of the time, it's pretty smooth sailing...

2 minutes ago, Neblix said:

I might just go to CKEditor's site and complain there instead. :P

It's always a question of tradeoffs... I HAVE seen folks complain about quoting usability on the IPS site... but CKEditor has a lot of other things going for it re: extensibility, support, wide user community, etc.

As a fan of ordered/unordered lists, I plan on re-adding the indent/outdent buttons to the toolbar, for one... there's also a custom spoiler button that's kind of cool.

43 minutes ago, djpretzel said:

It's always a question of tradeoffs... I HAVE seen folks complain about quoting usability on the IPS site... but CKEditor has a lot of other things going for it re: extensibility, support, wide user community, etc.

Right, but it's their editor, so if I complain to them, about their editor, something they are designing as their product, it's more effective than complaining here on OCR about someone else's editor.

21 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

Yep, I was about to report the same thing.  It covers part of the search box as well (although that's less of an issue.)

Really missing the ability to enter raw BBCode; I've been using BBCode since before WYSIWIG editors existed, so it's just faster for me, not to mention more versatile.

Is there a way to make nested lists using the WYSIWIG editor? And it looks like the "special tags" option is gone, too (I personally used the "topic" tag frequently).  Fonts and custom colors are also missing.