NOTICE: Forums upgraded to IPS 4.1.X (report issues)

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm trying to use the folders in Messages to organize my PMs. The messages are being moved just fine and show in separate folders, but I'm finding that every time I try to load a folder it just reloads my entire list of messages, even the ones sorted to other folders. I've tried reloading the page, rebooting, etc. and the issue remains.

Are there other folks having this issue or am just I doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason images imbedded in hyperlinks are not showing.  At least on this page.  Is it because Firefox is borked on the html interface here?  Sorry I don't know my web terminology lol.  EDIT) I tried it on Opera, same issue is present.  EDIT2) Okay, I copy/pasted ONLY in Opera browser and it works now.  Firefox seems pretty gimped with some things.  But I really dislike using Chrome, so I guess stick with Opera?? T_T

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

[edits]

So...um...I can't seem to copy from one thread to another without losing ALL of the prior formatting.  No bullet points, underlining, Bolding, hyperlinks...you name it.  Deleted the stupid stuff jokes.

Seriously though.  This is starting to impinge on my ability to effectively continue my MnP competition, as that's a LOT of text & formatting to carry over each time. 

(edit)

Swapping browsers didn't seem to fix it. 

Edited by HoboKa

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:53 PM, HoboKa said:

[edits]

So...um...I can't seem to copy from one thread to another without losing ALL of the prior formatting.  No bullet points, underlining, Bolding, hyperlinks...you name it.  Deleted the stupid stuff jokes.

Seriously though.  This is starting to impinge on my ability to effectively continue my MnP competition, as that's a LOT of text & formatting to carry over each time. 

(edit)

Swapping browsers didn't seem to fix it. 

This was indeed disabled; if at any point in the future we wanted to support a dark theme, one big issue with the richtext paste is that it carries over background color (usually white) as well as zany fonts, etc.

In a perfect world, IPS would offer a filter that let us keep certain formatting and discard the rest, while also ensuring proper contrast, but we don't live in that world.

So we have two options: allow the formatting, and know that it will result in a bunch of extra HTML cruft & stylization that is tied to dark-text-on-white-bg, OR, disable the formatting and do plaintext, with the "workaround" being recreating the formatting after the fact within the forum software.

@Liontamer @Gario @DarkeSword This change is definitely affecting at least one use, @HoboKa, and perhaps others - any thoughts on whether we should change back?

• 2 months later...

So, in replying to a topic, I accidentally tapped the slider to "hide" my reply. I had intended to tap the other slider to "notify me of replies." After realizing my mistake, I edited my reply. It did not work. My forum reply was still in pink/red, but I thought that refreshing the page would show the edit properly. Nope, it's gone. It fell into oblivion.

Edited by Seth Skoda
Spelling error

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 11:38 AM, GSO said:

I'm having trouble putting tags on my project thread in the recruit and collab forum(I can't get tag options to show up besides recruiting. has anybody else had this problem?

@GSO Thanks for reporting this; we've switched to a new tags plugin that *should* fix the issue. Please test & let us know!