OCR03275 - Contra "Aliens in My Waterfall!"

Liontamer

Very nice, action packed remix. Parts of it almost sound like it was inspired by the Metal Gear series rather than the Contra series. And I say that as a compliment because this sounds like something I would hear in an action adventure game during one of the fast paced moments. And that guitar solo near the end? Amazing.

I love the drums in this one. They sound powerful and I enjoyed the more electronic elements in the intro. Arrangement is sweet, the combination of strings and heavy guitar works amazingly. I do feel the guitar could be louder though since it gets a bit lost in the mix. On that note, I like how you mixed the bass. It's not often that you can hear it so clearly and notice all the cool licks it has. Introduction of the lead guitar is nice too.

Overall, very good remix. As Necrox pointed out, the xylophone adds a cute touch to it and the mix of rock and orchestra elements is sweet. I feel the production could be polished a bit since the rhytm guitars got a bit lost in the mix. I'd have also loved to see the more electronic elements from the intro in other sections of the song.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03275 - Contra "Aliens in My Waterfall!"
  • 2 months later...

Very action/adventure oriented, which is perfect for delving into the Contra games. Hits hard and fast from the get-go, and has a great break in the middle that gradually builds back up to the action quickly. Not much I could say that others haven't said, but I do like how the drums sounded, especially in areas where they were more featured around the guitars. The xylophone was a good choice to add another layer to the arrangement. Overall, pretty good work from a lot of talented ReMixers.