Feedback

Synth

Here I am again, with another guitar question :P

So i'm playing foxy lady by Hendrex but my problem is I can't create the feedback in the into. I know jimi does it by vibratoing(lol) the 14th fret on the b and the 16th on the g. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

In fact, i've never been able to create feedback on any guitar, not even on accident. Help?

If you want to force it, turn your gain right up, turn your volume loud up, on your guitar and on your amp. Lot's of treble helps. Then shove your guitar close to your amp and make sure your strings are free to vibrate. What note (if any) depends on which string feeds back, and its position in relation to the amp, including which way the guituar is facing. It varies with every setup but theres usually a way to force it with everything.

In terms of that exact song, there's any number of ways he got that note, it's impossible to say exactly without asking him, and hes dead, so...

My initial thoughts are to play those two notes, and leave maybe your low A or E strings freely open, and then shove your guitar up to the amp. I don't have a guitar with me though. Give it a try.

I'm not familiar with a valvetronix, but i'm assuming its a digitil modelling amp, being a vox.

Correct me if i'm wrong, those things have a noise gate?

My spider 212 has one aswell and they just nullify all feedback. I can still get feedback with my ibanez but that has ridiculous output. If it is a noise gate, read the manual and see if you can turn it off.

If there isnt a noise gate, just get a louder guitar.

Also, 30watts isnt a lot of power, it might just be as simple as you need a bigger amp.