Sony PS3

Bigfoot

I somehow skipped over this.

What the fuck? Seriously, they have the worst ads. What exactly does this have to do with playing b3yond?

rofl... what was that...

Smart Marketing.

They have so little PS3s available that they simply make the ads make people not want o buy PS3s to avoid running out.

PS3 to consume twice as much power as the Xbox 360?

That's going to be one nasty electric bill if this is confirmed.

The PS3 doesn't turn off properly, right? You have to use the button in the back?

I'm sure it'll use less wattage in standby mode, but still.

It's pretty much the same as the PS2, I believe. You can cut the power completely, or have it so you just push a button to turn it on. It's nothing like a stand-by mode, unless you consider powering one LED being in stand-by mode...

The PS3 doesn't turn off properly, right? You have to use the button in the back?

It's pretty much the same as the PS2, I believe. You can cut the power completely, or have it so you just push a button to turn it on. It's nothing like a stand-by mode, unless you consider powering one LED being in stand-by mode...

Ahh. Didn't know how that worked.

It has a proper reset button, doesn't it? I hate how easy it is to just reset the PS2 instead of actually turning it off. I regularly find the PS2 on after my family members play it. :x

For the PS2, it was recommended that you left the button on if you were leaving it connected to the power since the change from AC to DC repeatedly could damage the system. My guess is that the PS3 would be similar.

For the PS2, it was recommended that you left the button on if you were leaving it connected to the power since the change from AC to DC repeatedly could damage the system. My guess is that the PS3 would be similar.

Really? I've never heard that. I've been turning my PS2 on and off with the power switch for about 5 years now with no issues.

Really? I've never heard that. I've been turning my PS2 on and off with the power switch for about 5 years now with no issues.

Well, that advice isn't limited to just a PS2 - it applies to any device that converts power from AC to DC, such as a computer. That's why it's supposedly better for a laptop to be connected to the power and left on instead of being turned on and off a lot (although leaving it on does leave the problem of the battery getting drained faster).

So if Xbox 360 can get hot enough to cook eggs, does that mean the PS3 will melt floors or something?

And as for the higher electricity bill when playing on a PS3, an extra $80 a year isn't so much; $50 extra is a more realistic figure, but that money could buy a year of Xbox Live. That kinda makes the whole "Xbox Live costs money but PS3 online is free" argument null and void.

So if Xbox 360 can get hot enough to cook eggs, does that mean the PS3 will melt floors or something?

And as for the higher electricity bill when playing on a PS3, an extra $80 a year isn't so much; $50 extra is a more realistic figure, but that money could buy a year of Xbox Live. That kinda makes the whole "Xbox Live costs money but PS3 online is free" argument null and void.

Isn't that video kind of bogus though? Of course it's going to be super HOT with no fans or anything. The Xbox 360 does have fans inside, correct? That's the GPU he put the egg on, right?

Also, isn't it bad to eat an egg like that? :P lol

Isn't that video kind of bogus though? Of course it's going to be super HOT with no fans or anything. The Xbox 360 does have fans inside, correct? That's the GPU he put the egg on, right?

Also, isn't it bad to eat an egg like that? :P lol

I wouldn't know. I don't do stupid shit like that. lol

Not directly gaming news, but it does raise some serious concerns about the future of Sony. Along with the other problems they've had to deal with the last year or so, now this happens.

Federal investigation isn't a good thing for anyone. And depending upon the outcome, could deal a crippling blow to Sony. Hopefully, they will manage to avoid any serious penalties. Mind you, the goverment wouldn't bather launching an investigation if they didn't have some legitimate questions. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh no not a PS3 thread :roll:

Heres a summary of what sony is trying to sell you:

The Perfect Christmas package, Supply and demand people. 400,000 WW release while millions of people will be looking under there christmas tree for a PS3 (Rich uninformed people mostly)

Add that on top of ebays $4,000 price tags for ps3 (no, seriously, Search for playstation 3 right now on ebay) and youve got a "holiday disaster" for lil' timmy who has to settle for a Wii.

DOnt play yourselves, Ps3's will be back in stock by January of 07 come april we'll be getting disc read errors and so on from the Launch systems $99 dollar repair fee's and it will be ps2 all over again.

Focus on the software not the hardware. Theres practically NO launch titles confiremd other than Ridge Racer 7 (which both sounds and looks gorgeuos on a 27 inch plasma... with optical and dolby digital recievers... thats another $4,000 added to the $699 price tag.)

My Final Opinion...

1. get a resellers liscense

2. Find a REPUTABLE SONY re-seller

3. Buy 3- 4 ps3s at once

4. Ebay to your hearts content ( I suggest 3 if you buy 4 consoles)

5. Come january sell off your "test unit" AS IS

6. by february PS3's will be in stores all over

7. use that ebay earnings to ge yourself a whole new setup for your ps3

(I'm talking new tv and sound system)

8. Die happily (hopefully after FFXIII FF7 ACC and FFXIII Vs.)

:)

That is all 8O

Oh no not a PS3 thread :roll:

Heres a summary of what sony is trying to sell you:

The Perfect Christmas package, Supply and demand people. 400,000 WW release while millions of people will be looking under there christmas tree for a PS3 (Rich uninformed people mostly)

Add that on top of ebays $4,000 price tags for ps3 (no, seriously, Search for playstation 3 right now on ebay) and youve got a "holiday disaster" for lil' timmy who has to settle for a Wii.

DOnt play yourselves, Ps3's will be back in stock by January of 07 come april we'll be getting disc read errors and so on from the Launch systems $99 dollar repair fee's and it will be ps2 all over again.

Focus on the software not the hardware. Theres practically NO launch titles confiremd other than Ridge Racer 7 (which both sounds and looks gorgeuos on a 27 inch plasma... with optical and dolby digital recievers... thats another $4,000 added to the $699 price tag.)

If you're going to bash the PS3, at least do the math right. A good HDTV costs less than $2000 these days (and I mean 40+" flat panel HDTV with 1080p). Also, I have hardly seen PS3s go for $2000 on ebay so far. In fact, Sony is trying to curb those preorder PS3s.