Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Holy shit whats up with that ps3 commercial with the baby???

The baby is posing as everyones future child. The purchase of the PS3 and purchase of other games will lead to you not being able pay his/her way through college. You still gotta buy that HDTV too. The baby crying is pretty much showing that it's saying goodbye to it's future with no way through college.

Sony PS3. Pay B3yond.

Calm down, I'm just kidding :P

Wow, the marketing guys at Sony must be geniuses. I haven't seen a commercial as talked about as this one...

It doesn't mean it makes people want it. It's making more people say "what the hell is it supposed to mean?" rather than "Wow, the game footage looks awesome!" oh wait, there is none :\ For something that wants you to "Play Beyond anything ever created", they should at least show previews of some gameplay in their commercials, not a baby crying.

This is going to be such a big mess for people trying to get one. I'm wondering when Sony is going to produce more at a normal speed. If stores are only getting 3-5, then does that mean the second shipment that arrives at that store will be 3-5 again?

Did anyone on this board pre-order a PS3 for the purpose of actually keeping it?

Wow, the marketing guys at Sony must be geniuses. I haven't seen a commercial as talked about as this one...

It doesn't mean it makes people want it. It's making more people say "what the hell is it supposed to mean?" rather than "Wow, the game footage looks awesome!" oh wait, there is none :\ For something that wants you to "Play Beyond anything ever created", they should at least show previews of some gameplay in their commercials, not a baby crying.

This is going to be such a big mess for people trying to get one. I'm wondering when Sony is going to produce more at a normal speed. If stores are only getting 3-5, then does that mean the second shipment that arrives at that store will be 3-5 again?

Did anyone on this board pre-order a PS3 for the purpose of actually keeping it?

The second shipment will be supposedly quite more. However, it will still be hard to acquire one, just as with the XBox 360 launch.

I talked to a friend of mine about this today. He works for Eurocom as a game tester - he said that when he showed this commercial to someone, he drew a small crowd of people. Most were creeped out about it. When he tried to play it again, most of the ones who had seen it fully(as opposed to the people who came in late) left in disgust.

I talked to a friend of mine about this today. He works for Eurocom as a game tester - he said that when he showed this commercial to someone, he drew a small crowd of people. Most were creeped out about it. When he tried to play it again, most of the ones who had seen it fully(as opposed to the people who came in late) left in disgust.

Why would anyone watch any commercial two times in a row?

Anyway, all I'm saying is there is a huge buzz about this commercial, so they are doing something right. It's not like anyone is going to refuse to buy a PS3 because of it. I think the marketing group is going for:

"Hey did you see that weird PS3 commercial? WTF?"

"Yeah, what's up with the baby LOLZ"

"There's not even any footage of games."

"When is MGS4 coming out anyway?"

ETC

I dunno about you, but I like to watch some good, interesting or funny commercials two times in a row.

I get your point. I just don't like the "any publicity is good publicity" idea. It's not very good for people who don't already know about this stuff.

On the other hand, you could probably make a very good argument for the PS3 being the anti-gaming-newbie machine. So they probably got what they wanted.

I just hope that hard drive installation crap doesn't become standard.

It's an optional install. If you want to speed up loading times they give you the option to install the game on the hard drive so it loads directly from that. If you have the 60 gig version and only a handful of PS3 games, it would definitely be worth it. Even if you had the 20 gig. Load it up once and you can play Ridge Racer with blazing load times until you decide you want to use that space for something else. Pretty cool if you ask me, and I hope more games offer this option! I tend to focus on one or two games at a time, so while I'm playing them it would be nice to be able to load them on the HD to kill any loading times. I can't believe people would complain about a feature like this... It's actually pretty cool and makes good use of that HD you are paying for.

It's an optional install. If you want to speed up loading times they give you the option to install the game on the hard drive so it loads directly from that. If you have the 60 gig version and only a handful of PS3 games, it would definitely be worth it. Even if you had the 20 gig. Load it up once and you can play Ridge Racer with blazing load times until you decide you want to use that space for something else. Pretty cool if you ask me, and I hope more games offer this option! I tend to focus on one or two games at a time, so while I'm playing them it would be nice to be able to load them on the HD to kill any loading times. I can't believe people would complain about a feature like this... It's actually pretty cool and makes good use of that HD you are paying for.

The load times wont be BLAZING. It just said that they would be reduced (to about 4 seconds for Genji, estimating in favor of Sony), since you are not installing the full game.

The load times wont be BLAZING. It just said that they would be reduced (to about 4 seconds for Genji, estimating in favor of Sony), since you are not installing the full game.

4 seconds may not be blazing, but if that would be the longest loading time in the game, then I'd totally go for a one time 9 minute install. I don't really see the problem with it, most people aren't going to be playing 5-10 games at once, so when you move onto a new game you can just remove the files.

It's kind of too bad they're using 2.5in drives, you can get so much more for less with the standard sized drives (although it would have made the PS3 bigger) I think you can plug in external drives via USB, but they'd be slower and I don't know if you can use them to install game files onto.

Lawlz, on a completely different topic, it's hilarious to hear people start spewing nonsense when they hear that developers are actually using that extra space on the Blu-Ray discs.

"O rlly?? Code doesn't take up that much space!?"

"Lolz they using uncompressored stuffs?"

One guy even thinks they're storing uncompressed data on the disc, but before it loads the data off the disc it compresses them first...

Um, right... :?

Seriously guys, you can olny talk so much about stuff you have no experience in before you start spewing crap out the wrong hole.

Lawlz, on a completely different topic, it's hilarious to hear people start spewing nonsense when they hear that developers are actually using that extra space on the Blu-Ray discs.

One guy even thinks they're storing uncompressed data on the disc, but before it loads the data off the disc it compresses them first...

Seriously guys, you can olny talk so much about stuff you have no experience in before you start spewing crap out the wrong hole.

But Razumen, god forbid anybody wants this superior technology. we have to show them the light of how much cooler the Wii is. I mean like...its going to own, you obviously haven't paid attention to the motion sensor. You tool, its innovative, almost futuristic.

But Razumen, god forbid anybody wants this superior technology. we have to show them the light of how much cooler the Wii is. I mean like...its going to own, you obviously haven't paid attention to the motion sensor. You tool, its innovative, almost futuristic.

Well I wasn't talking about Nintendo fanatics, just idiots in general.

I myself really like the Wiimote and think it'll open up some new gameplay experiences, it's just too bad we can't get it with a console that actually has next-gen graphics.

I am still putting my hopes on that Sony will do something wise with the motion control in their system. I really think its a good idea that their controller is a variation between a standard controller and motion. Also they are known to occasionally push creativity, despite what many nintendo fans will say.

But ya, I do think the Wii is going to do well, and be entertaining. Sadly we will see the graphics drop off alot quicker than other next gen due to it being similiar to program as a gamecube, meaning it will top off alot quicker.

I am still putting my hopes on that Sony will do something wise with the motion control in their system. I really think its a good idea that their controller is a variation between a standard controller and motion. Also they are known to occasionally push creativity, despite what many nintendo fans will say.

But ya, I do think the Wii is going to do well, and be entertaining. Sadly we will see the graphics drop off alot quicker than other next gen due to it being similiar to program as a gamecube, meaning it will top off alot quicker.

Except it's really just tilt control. SixAxis is a real misnamer for it, considering it uses at most 3 axis (Thumbsticks don't count).

But reports say it's sensitive and responsive, so developers should get some good use out of it, too bad rumble's gone - that could've worked well with the tilt functionality (ie: you'd get some feedback on you're steering or whatever by different variations of rumbling)

And if the Wii does become more popular than the GC and garner more developers, hopefully they'll learn how push it to the limit like they did the PS2 - I was very impressed with some of the graphics it managed to pull off.