Sony PS3

Bigfoot

That one's not too bad.

Yeah, definitely a lot better than the crying baby. I still like the Rubik's Cube one the best.

At least now they're actually showing the controller. Looks more like a game console and less like a generator.*

*The PS3 is pretty, but in the commercials it wasn't clear what the hell it actually did.

Trying to get this back on topic, here's a shot of a PS3 game case:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/case-shot-of-ps3s-sonic-the-hedgehog-201176.php

The only case I have that even closely resembles that is the tin that Serenity came in, and even then a normal DVD case was inside. That won't stick out further when put on a shelf with normal games/DVDs, will it?

I hope not... It looks kind of squat so maybe it's the same height as a regular DVD case. There is enough wasted space in regular DVD cases as it is that I sure hope they don't make them bigger. I guess the blue part is supposed to indicate it's a Blu-Ray game, but if there are DVD games for the PS3 will they be in regular cases? It would suck to have more than one type of case. I'm totally into having my games looking neat on a shelf.

I don't have a source, but I am positive I read in one of my gaming magazines (Game Informer or PSM) that Sony has decided that ALL PS3 games are going to be on Blu-Ray disks, no mix of Blue-ray and DVD.

Trying to get this back on topic, here's a shot of a PS3 game case:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/case-shot-of-ps3s-sonic-the-hedgehog-201176.php

The only case I have that even closely resembles that is the tin that Serenity came in, and even then a normal DVD case was inside. That won't stick out further when put on a shelf with normal games/DVDs, will it?

I hope not... It looks kind of squat so maybe it's the same height as a regular DVD case. There is enough wasted space in regular DVD cases as it is that I sure hope they don't make them bigger. I guess the blue part is supposed to indicate it's a Blu-Ray game, but if there are DVD games for the PS3 will they be in regular cases? It would suck to have more than one type of case. I'm totally into having my games looking neat on a shelf.

I don't have a source, but I am positive I read in one of my gaming magazines (Game Informer or PSM) they said that they have decided that ALL PS3 games are going to be on Blu-Ray disks, no mix of Blue-ray and DVD.

Okay, I wasn't sure about that. I thought it might be like the PS2 which could play CD games and DVD games. After all, what's the point of putting a 3 gig game on a blue ray disc? I guess it would be a good way to prevent piracy for one, at least for the time being.

Those PS3 commercials keep making my face turn like this...... :? .

Anywhoo, thats pretty hard core to be waiting inline 1 week+ ahead of launch day. They interviewed some of the people at the Hollywood Best Buy on G4, and the first guy they asked said......."im just going to sell it on Ebay - Im here to get YOU your PS3" :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/10/is-there-really-a-1080p-advantage/

So... HD is really important, huh? You can tell the difference between the 360's 720p and the PS3's 1080p, can you? Odd, because the people that get paid to research displays usually can't. You must be some sort of superhero, then, one with the power to see things that professionals can't.

I call shananagins upon you, good sirs, and I bid you good day.

So... HD is really important, huh? You can tell the difference between the 360's 720p and the PS3's 1080p, can you? Odd, because the people that get paid to research displays usually can't. You must be some sort of superhero, then, one with the power to see things that professionals can't.

Worst trolling post ever.

Seriously, you can do better than that.

Also, lol at 1080p!

Worst trolling post ever.

Seriously, you can do better than that.

Also, lol at 1080p!

Trolling, no. Laughing at the people that say HD is everything, yes. I'm specifically talking about the people that have said that they can tell the difference and swear it's that much better.

And what's so funny about 1080p? The name, or the concept? Or that people are willing to pay for it, and get nothing extra from it?