Sony PS3

Bigfoot

So which other OCRers are smart enough to camp out for a PS3 like me? I'm going to camp in about 24 hours from this post...should be an exhausting experience, considering that I have to travel for possibly 12 hours on Friday, and a time zone change to boot.

Wow, seems like you really want that PS3! Good luck getting it! Bring your DS and a lot of games, and maybe a good book.

So which other OCRers are smart enough to camp out for a PS3 like me? I'm going to camp in about 24 hours from this post...should be an exhausting experience, considering that I have to travel for possibly 12 hours on Friday, and a time zone change to boot.

Wow, seems like you really want that PS3! Good luck getting it! Bring your DS and a lot of games, and maybe a good book.

I think you meant to say, "He really wants to sell a PS3 for a hefty profit." Good luck to you Bahamut. I am waiting in the same boat, starting tomorrow night most likely.

So we will have a voice of reason on OCR. Whew..

I think you meant to say, "He really wants to sell a PS3 for a hefty profit." Good luck to you Bahamut. I am waiting in the same boat, starting tomorrow night most likely.

But he still wants it badly enough. Although you could just work regular hours and make that much money, but if you have free time it would be a good way to make a buck. I'd rather have the PS3 though.

It all depends on how one rationalizes the situation. To me selling a PS3 for a possible 2 to 3 grand outweights my desire to have one.

I hate to admit it, I am exicted for the Wii. Though the PS3 will take the awards in a year, but untill then, its not worth passing up a few grand.

But he still wants it badly enough. Although you could just work regular hours and make that much money, but if you have free time it would be a good way to make a buck. I'd rather have the PS3 though.

Well, just my whole traveling back and forth between my grad school and home (as well as MAGFest) is going to cost me a hefty $800-1000 or so at the end of the year, so I could use whatever money I can get from selling PS3(s). If I'm lucky enough to get my hands on another PS3, then I may buy a PS3 & HDTV in the summer. However, I can't get a regular job as a grad student because my #1 goal is to do well enough so that I can get funding for next semester - that means I get a tuition waiver and some form of TAship, which saves me ~$15000 for just that semester alone. This PS3 reselling is helping me get by until then.

Either way, lots of people are going to be paying him for his PS3s. I wonder how long it will be before claims of being ripped off come up.

More importantly, I wonder how Sony will treat him if he sells them to European customers.

Their going to CLOSE HIS WEBSITE!

GZC and I are going to Anchorage in a couple days to camp out and/or wait in line for midnight launches for Wiis and PS3s. We're selling the PS3s though, and GZC is also selling his Wii to buy another later, if they sell for enough to make decent profit on eBay.

I am starting to wonder how many PS3s are not getting sold on eBay...

If you don't wanna camp out waaaay ahead of time, though, just think of it this way: you are getting paid a lot of money to sit back and play your PS2 for another month. (That's assuming Sony can put out within a month, though, which is dubious.)

GZC and I are going to Anchorage in a couple days to camp out and/or wait in line for midnight launches for Wiis and PS3s. We're selling the PS3s though, and GZC is also selling his Wii to buy another later, if they sell for enough to make decent profit on eBay.

I miss Giga.

Two or three thousand dollars? Please. I'm sure PS3s will sell for over a thousand though, and a $400 dollar profit isn't bad. But if I camped out all night to have a PS3, you'd be sure as hell I would keep the damn thing. A few hundred bucks isn't worth sitting in the cold for 20 hours to me, but I guess it is for some people.

Two or three thousand dollars? Please. I'm sure PS3s will sell for over a thousand though, and a $400 dollar profit isn't bad. But if I camped out all night to have a PS3, you'd be sure as hell I would keep the damn thing. A few hundred bucks isn't worth sitting in the cold for 20 hours to me, but I guess it is for some people.

It isn't that cold actually...

Ah, it's just been chilly where I'm at lately. Good luck to all of those trying to get the systems though. I don't think I could stand waiting in line that long.

Ah, it's just been chilly where I'm at lately. Good luck to all of those trying to get the systems though. I don't think I could stand waiting in line that long.

Some are going for over $2000 here and I'm sure the console will probably hit $3000 after launch once people realize that it's even harder to get than they thought.

To the one who linked the auctions. Those pre-sales are of course going for almost nothing, especially with the current news of reserves not being met, and cut supply. I wouldn't bid a penny on them either.

Just watch the hype machine work its magic once everyone realizes they are impossible to get a hold of.