Sony PS3

Bigfoot

There's no way that deal will go through. No way. People aren't THAT stupid.

There have been people fake bidding the auctions up today. These douches are a bit ridiculous.

Man, all this eBay shit is annoying. It's going to turn out that only extremely rich people are going to end up with one until more are released. Unless the ultimate happens and since so many people are planning to sell PS3s on the net that they actually don't go up much in price.

GG to all the fake bidders, though. I'm tempted to do it myself.

True, some of the sellers are a bit ridiculous. For an example, this one.

MY FAMILY WAS FIRST IN LINE AND RECEIVED ALL 7 OF THE PS3 PRE-ORDERS THAT THE STORE HAD. THIS IS 1 OF 7 THAT I AM GUARANTEED! IF FOR ANY REASON SONY DELAYS SHIPMENT YOU WILL HAVE THE CHOICE OF WAITING OR GETTING A FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME, AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

What a douchebag.

MY FAMILY WAS FIRST IN LINE AND RECEIVED ALL 7 OF THE PS3 PRE-ORDERS THAT THE STORE HAD. THIS IS 1 OF 7 THAT I AM GUARANTEED! IF FOR ANY REASON SONY DELAYS SHIPMENT YOU WILL HAVE THE CHOICE OF WAITING OR GETTING A FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME, AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

What a douchebag.

Seriously. What bullshit. I wish more stores would just raffle the damn things off. That way they at least have the CHANCE of getting into some gamers hands at retail price. Plus it would eliminate the need to camp out for days. Just show up for the raffle and see if you get one.

Someone needs to do something about all these damn price gouging ebay people.

It'd be nice if it were possible. Some lame older gentleman was on the news. They asked him if he was keeping it or selling it. He had the most stupid smile on his face "I'm just here to get it so I can sell it. It's all about the money".

He probably doesn't own one gaming system, and probably just heard about the PS3 from friends or something.

And these are people who probably visit Fatwallet.com or so. From what I've seen with the camping though, many of the resellers are college/grad students.

I'd probably spit on one of them.

Hey, if people are willing to spend over $3000 on a PS3 like they're doing now, then the money would go to a better purpose with a college/grad student than them.

Yeah, you're right, but they're still going to hell (if there is any justice in the world).

What a douchebag.

Seriously. What bullshit. I wish more stores would just raffle the damn things off. That way they at least have the CHANCE of getting into some gamers hands at retail price. Plus it would eliminate the need to camp out for days. Just show up for the raffle and see if you get one.

At game crazy we are instructed to not honor any preorders but instead raffle the PS3s (all 2 of them) to our best customers who really want one and we know will play it and not sell it. We pretty much wont sell one without the person buying the service contract on it and some games so that guarantees that they aren't selling it.

The bidding history should say enough. Just look at the feedback.

I bet its a fake account. No one with Zero feed back would do that.... well this is the internet.

The bidding history should say enough. Just look at the feedback.

I bet its a fake account. No one with Zero feed back would do that.... well this is the internet.

captainobvious.jpg

I'll Bet the guy who did this was mad at the price gougers.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155304

If it was me, I would have used a 12 guage. :twisted:

And if you think about it,(me living in florida) they will hang people for jacking up the price of gas during a hurricane, But they won't do anything about this E-gouging.

PS3: Non-essential, luxury item.

Gas: Essential item, especially when concerning generators.

Shooting at people for something like this goes above and beyond retarded. No one should get that worked up over a gaming system.

And if you think about it,(me living in florida) they will hang people for jacking up the price of gas during a hurricane, But they won't do anything about this E-gouging.

PS3: Non-essential, luxury item.

Gas: Essential item, especially when concerning generators.

Shooting at people for something like this goes above and beyond retarded. No one should get that worked up over a gaming system.

There have been fights over this, so I'm not surprised. One of my friends wanted to go throw water balloons actually.

"Do you have a response for people experiencing backwards compatibility issues and/or television upscaling problems?"

"I would like my car to fly and make me breakfast, but that's an unrealistic expectation."

- Jack Tretton, SCEA VP.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-backward-compatability--flying-breakfast-car-215418.php

ELOHEL! See, this is why I love AND hate Sony.

For all those PS3s being sold on eBay, here's one that I find commendable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330050346981&rd=1&rd=1

For those who don't want to click the link, he's selling the PS3 for charity. This guy has been waiting in line since Monday, and got the first spot (no one else showed up until the next day). I've been watching his video blogs (on gamevideos.com). Some of them are pretty good, some of them are "meh," but I still think it's pretty cool what he's doing with it.

This incident occurred just up the street from where I work, in Lexington, KY. And, to say the least, the incident was more than likely one of the many college students trying to ruffle some feathers for a brief moment of superiority. Incidents of this nature have been increasing this year as earlier today, a rapist who escaped police custody this morning in his underwear was recaptured in the same area as this shooting. Also, John O'Hurley appeared at a bookstore in the same area to sign his new book. Nick Griffin is also performing tonight at a comedy club across the street. This place is a hellhole.

For all those PS3s being sold on eBay, here's one that I find commendable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330050346981&rd=1&rd=1

For those who don't want to click the link, he's selling the PS3 for charity. This guy has been waiting in line since Monday, and got the first spot (no one else showed up until the next day). I've been watching his video blogs (on gamevideos.com). Some of them are pretty good, some of them are "meh," but I still think it's pretty cool what he's doing with it.

Best thing I've ever heard about the PS3.

Also, Child's Play is awesome.

Well I went to a target at 8:00 AM, and after a about five or six hours of waiting their I discovered there were only eight PS3 units at the target I went to and I happened to be number nine in line...

I was actually number seven but two dicks were "reserving" spots for someone else who hadn't been there the whole day. Unfortunately the manager wouldn't do anything about it since the people made some retarded excuses saying that their cousin had to go to school; though I didn't expect the Target manager to do anything since Target sucks (Which is why I went there since I was much more likely to get one there and could have if I came the night before).

Whatever I guess I have to wait. It doesn't matter too much, but it would have been nice to get one.

I did however get to play the display model for about an hour and was really great (I played Motor Storm). I will tell you things I know now from having played it:

-Really badass and extremely precise motion control (at least it was in the driving game I played; it looks like they put much more effort into making the motion controller good than I would have thought.)

-The triggers on the back of the controller are even better than they look, I would say they are 98% as good as the triggers on the Xbox 360.

-The D-pad is actually much better. It is much less slippery and hard than a Playstation 2 controller, and it has a nice slight texture on it that adheres your thumb to the pad. It may seem like a small difference to some, but I was impressed.

-The game I played, Motor Storm had extremely awesome looking graphics, but it seemed to lack anti-aliasing which made things still pretty jaggy. I am guessing that this is the developers fault since I'm sure the PS3 can put up with a little bit of anti-aliasing.

One thing that stood out in the game it the fact that when you crash, your vehicle explodes, and you see all of the parts in the air; then it freezes fram and does a matrix effect around every miniscule part, it was great.

Anyhow, I wonder when the next shipment will be... January?

Okay, so I'm in kinda a dellema here. I'm almost guaranteed to get a PS3 at launch, and my original plan was to keep it in all it's $600 glory. However, after reading about these problems for the first gen consoles, and after my good computer imploded; I've been wondering if I should sell it on ebay and use the cash toward a new/better computer. Help plz?

Okay, so I'm in kinda a dellema here. I'm almost guaranteed to get a PS3 at launch, and my original plan was to keep it in all it's $600 glory. However, after reading about these problems for the first gen consoles, and after my good computer imploded; I've been wondering if I should sell it on ebay and use the cash toward a new/better computer. Help plz?

I doubt it will be defective since I wouldn't expect Sony to screw up another console; there are currently only a few lemons in Japan.

It really depends how much you care about the money, and if you will be able to afford another PS3 later. If you have a good income then selling it would be somewhat pointless. Of course I think the PS3 will be

an awesome console, so I would keep it personally, but that is just me.