Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Okay, so I'm in kinda a dellema here. I'm almost guaranteed to get a PS3 at launch, and my original plan was to keep it in all it's $600 glory. However, after reading about these problems for the first gen consoles, and after my good computer imploded; I've been wondering if I should sell it on ebay and use the cash toward a new/better computer. Help plz?

I doubt it will be defective since I wouldn't expect Sony to screw up another console; there are currently only a few lemons in Japan.

It really depends how much you care about the money, and if you will be able to afford another PS3 later. If you have a good income then selling it would be somewhat pointless. Of course I think the PS3 will be

an awesome console, so I would keep it personally, but that is just me.

It's not the money that I care about, it's the new comp. The thing is, if I can't sell the PS3 for more than $1,500 I don't know if it's worth the wait for a new PS3 when that cash will only put me 1/3 the way towards a cutting-edge PC ('cause I'm a PC gamer at heart, and I'm not gonna buy second rate hardware). So really, it depends on how much cash I get for selling it.

EDIT:

According to Sony, there is -no- such thing as a free market, people. You're not even allowed to sell what you yourself PURCHASED, now.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161842.html

That's right.. even selling your PS3 on eBay to the UK will get you personally shot down and shut down.

Wow, first Lik-Sang and now this. Sony really doesn't want Europe to get this thing.

According to Sony, there is -no- such thing as a free market, people. You're not even allowed to sell what you yourself PURCHASED, now.

That's right.. even selling your PS3 on eBay to the UK will get you personally shot down and shut down.

You can get arrested for scalping tickets for sports games, so I guess this is the same logic? I'm not sure if there's a difference. Probably.

Okay, so I'm in kinda a dellema here. I'm almost guaranteed to get a PS3 at launch, and my original plan was to keep it in all it's $600 glory. However, after reading about these problems for the first gen consoles, and after my good computer imploded; I've been wondering if I should sell it on ebay and use the cash toward a new/better computer. Help plz?

I doubt it will be defective since I wouldn't expect Sony to screw up another console; there are currently only a few lemons in Japan.

It really depends how much you care about the money, and if you will be able to afford another PS3 later. If you have a good income then selling it would be somewhat pointless. Of course I think the PS3 will be

an awesome console, so I would keep it personally, but that is just me.

It's not the money that I care about, it's the new comp. The thing is, if I can't sell the PS3 for more than $1,500 I don't know if it's worth the wait for a new PS3 when that cash will only put me 1/3 the way towards a cutting-edge PC ('cause I'm a PC gamer at heart, and I'm not gonna buy second rate hardware). So really, it depends on how much cash I get for selling it.

Today & last night the market commanded $2500-3000 for a PS3, so I'd say sell. You can always set aside $800 some other time for buying a PS3 & game if you want.

You can get arrested for scalping tickets for sports games, so I guess this is the same logic? I'm not sure if there's a difference. Probably.

This isn't even really in the same league as scalping, though. Scalping would be trying to sell them at the door, minutes before the game. This is more like buying advance Superbowl tickets and selling them.. well, 4 months before the game.

They're, quite literally, telling you that you're not allowed to sell what you already own and have in your hands.

Well I went to a target at 8:00 AM, and after a about five or six hours of waiting their I discovered there were only eight PS3 units at the target I went to and I happened to be number nine in line...

I was actually number seven but two dicks were "reserving" spots for someone else who hadn't been there the whole day. Unfortunately the manager wouldn't do anything about it since the people made some retarded excuses saying that their cousin had to go to school; though I didn't expect the Target manager to do anything since Target sucks (Which is why I went there since I was much more likely to get one there and could have if I came the night before).

Whatever I guess I have to wait. It doesn't matter too much, but it would have been nice to get one.

I did however get to play the display model for about an hour and was really great (I played Motor Storm). I will tell you things I know now from having played it:

-Really badass and extremely precise motion control (at least it was in the driving game I played; it looks like they put much more effort into making the motion controller good than I would have thought.)

-The triggers on the back of the controller are even better than they look, I would say they are 98% as good as the triggers on the Xbox 360.

-The D-pad is actually much better. It is much less slippery and hard than a Playstation 2 controller, and it has a nice slight texture on it that adheres your thumb to the pad. It may seem like a small difference to some, but I was impressed.

-The game I played, Motor Storm had extremely awesome looking graphics, but it seemed to lack anti-aliasing which made things still pretty jaggy. I am guessing that this is the developers fault since I'm sure the PS3 can put up with a little bit of anti-aliasing.

One thing that stood out in the game it the fact that when you crash, your vehicle explodes, and you see all of the parts in the air; then it freezes fram and does a matrix effect around every miniscule part, it was great.

Anyhow, I wonder when the next shipment will be... January?

Well, that sucks. The really sucky thing is that I bet at least 5 of those guys are selling it.

Well I went to a target at 8:00 AM, and after a about five or six hours of waiting their I discovered there were only eight PS3 units at the target I went to and I happened to be number nine in line...

I was actually number seven but two dicks were "reserving" spots for someone else who hadn't been there the whole day. Unfortunately the manager wouldn't do anything about it since the people made some retarded excuses saying that their cousin had to go to school; though I didn't expect the Target manager to do anything since Target sucks (Which is why I went there since I was much more likely to get one there and could have if I came the night before).

Whatever I guess I have to wait. It doesn't matter too much, but it would have been nice to get one.

Wow that's like what happened when I was gonna meet Miyamoto at Nintendo World. First 200 got in and the idiot in front of me held spots for two of his friends that came very late and I ended up being 201 and my brother 202...

Wow that's like what happened when I was gonna meet Miyamoto at Nintendo World. First 200 got in and the idiot in front of me held spots for two of his friends that came very late and I ended up being 201 and my brother 202...

Yeah people are being real dicks this launch. I hope every time they try to sell their auction gets fake bidded.

Edit: Shots were fired from a Texas Walmart. Also, some armed men stole 4 PS3s and several XBox 360s from a Gamestop in California. People are insane.

Yeah people are being real dicks this launch. I hope every time they try to sell their auction gets fake bidded.

Edit: Shots were fired from a Texas Walmart. Also, some armed men stole 4 PS3s and several XBox 360s from a Gamespot in California. People are insane.

WTF! That's pretty retarded...

I hope my little adventure to Gamestop to pick up my Wii will be safe. Seeing as its a launch with bigger numbers I say that it should be alright.

I really think Sony should have delayed, if even just a few weeks. Anything is better than the 200k they sent out for launch.

Went to Target today and got to play the PS3. No line to play. Then again, it was NBA 07.

The thing has amazing graphics. Slightly better than the 360. The downside is, everything felt like I was playing a PS2. I didn't get to check out the menu screen, so I was missing out on that. But the gameplay was almost too similar to PS2. Although, since there was next to no change in the controller shape or button layout, it was easy to just grab it and play.

My Target had 8 PS3's in stock, and there were only about 10 in line. I went there at 9:30, about 10 hours and 30 minutes before the release.

My Best Buy and Walmart both had lines of about 40 or 50.

Went to Target today and got to play the PS3. No line to play. Then again, it was NBA 07.

The thing has amazing graphics. Slightly better than the 360. The downside is, everything felt like I was playing a PS2. I didn't get to check out the menu screen, so I was missing out on that. But the gameplay was almost too similar to PS2. Although, since there was next to no change in the controller shape or button layout, it was easy to just grab it and play.

My Target had 8 PS3's in stock, and there were only about 10 in line. I went there at 9:30, about 10 hours and 30 minutes before the release.

You mean you played a game that was killed? :P

You mean you played a game that was killed? :P

That's what I thought once I got home, but I didn't really pay attention. I was playing some basketball game. Don't really know what it was, but I've played Street before on the PS2, so I was more into playing the game than checking what the game actually was.

edit: NBA 2K7

3 of my friends stood in line tonight for about 4 hours and came back empty-handed. They tried to get me to go but I had enough sense to know the odds weren't in my favor. I would have sold it on ebay anyway...I don't care about PS3.

Most of the people camping are resellers.

Yeah, there are like 100,000 or so available in US I think, so I'm not going to be surprised if there's at least 10,000 of them up on ebay by the weekend. If I wasn't broke I would just get a Wii this weekend, but it looks like I'll have to wait awhile for that.

3 of my friends stood in line tonight for about 4 hours and came back empty-handed. They tried to get me to go but I had enough sense to know the odds weren't in my favor. I would have sold it on ebay anyway...I don't care about PS3.

Yeah, there are like 100,000 or so available in US I think, so I'm not going to be surprised if there's at least 10,000 of them up on ebay by the weekend. If I wasn't broke I would just get a Wii this weekend, but it looks like I'll have to wait awhile for that.

10,000? I'm willing to bet 50% of the launch or more are going to be ebayed.

And for those who want confirmation on the Costco thing, here ya go (you need to get a forum membership to see but it's well worth it).

Man, i spent most of the day trying to snag a ps3 out of luck. I have an untouched MasterCard for, um.......emergencies.:cough: So i have enough for a ps3 and at least 2 games.

My target was only getting 10, and one target employee was even trying to sell me his, he even gave me his phone#. Im sure he'll charge an arm and a leg do.. :roll::evil:

Went to 2 Best buys, one had about 15-20 people in line and that best buy was only getting 10 aswell. The other Best buy was getting 20 but had like 50 people there. And it was very unorganized, i left before hell broke loose.

Last stop was at a couple of gamestops. I went to 3 different ones, 2 had 8 for sale, and the third had only 5. Employee told me to come back tomorrow at 10 am, they wern't even going to have a midnight sale. But that they where going to get rid of all there ps3's tomorrow. One of the few who didn't do a presale, as they didn't know how many they where getting (if any). So i'll go check it out before work.

This is a horrible launch. Just the sight and feeling at these stores made you go..."eck, fuck this shit" And ofcourse, knowing that half of these basturds are going to turn around and sell it for twice as much.

I know its not Sony's fault for people being a-holes and making money, and even worse idiots paying twice as much, but you have to feed the demand to a certain extent.I know Sony is enjoying the publicity when they show the 11 oclock news with reporters saying...."Wow,look at these line with people camping out for days in advance. All to get the New Sony PlayStation 3. This console must be amazing!!"....when thats not trully the full the story.

The PS3 Launch can suck my left one!!:evil:

I dont know, im tired.....i had to vent. :P

10,000? I'm willing to bet 50% of the launch or more are going to be ebayed.

And for those who want confirmation on the Costco thing, here ya go (you need to get a forum membership to see but it's well worth it).

Thank you for the tip Bahamut

Anybody have a Costco membership card number I can use... Please?

If not I will just have to sit and wait to see if KBtoys does anything, but Costco sounds like a good bet if I click fast (Just need a membership number)

http://www.kbtoys.com/vgames/PLTPS3.html

If not I guess it is back to waiting again :|

Lol, while I was calling KBtoys to ask them when they were selling the PS3 online they had just put it up for sale, and the representative says it sold out in two minutes. I wouldn't have bought it there anyway since they have a retarded $1000 bundle pack that doesn't even include Resistance :lol: .