Sony PS3

Bigfoot

*sigh* Jesus christ. How is the PS3 having even more problems than even I expected? I've always found the Sony to be a very solid bet for consoles. My PS2 is still invaluable to me because of the awesome games and it's DVD capability. What the hell has gone wrong with their company? Why is this such a huge cluster fuck?

Wait, have there been any major hardware problems yet? Compared with the broken Xbox 360's and all the fried Wii's the PS3 is actually a much more solid machine this time around. The only thing that is a clusterfuck is supply and demand aspect of the launch.

*sigh* Jesus christ. How is the PS3 having even more problems than even I expected? I've always found the Sony to be a very solid bet for consoles. My PS2 is still invaluable to me because of the awesome games and it's DVD capability. What the hell has gone wrong with their company? Why is this such a huge cluster fuck?

Wait, have there been any major hardware problems yet? Compared with the broken Xbox 360's and all the fried Wii's the PS3 is actually a much more solid machine this time around. The only thing that is a clusterfuck is supply and demand aspect of the launch.

I really just hope nothing serious does happen. I want to get a PS3 eventually, so it needs to succeed so it's around when I finally have enough money to afford it and a HDTV.

Fried Wiis? Explain.

This was pretty big news so I thought you guys had already heard about it.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/20/wii-being-hit-by-fatal-error-110213-could-be-funky-firmware/

http://wheelsee.net/blog1/2006/11/20/my-wii-is-done/

Apparently quite a few people are having this problem (read the comments) and Nintendo is sending out a lot of replacement Wii's. If you want to maintain your save data you have to send it in for repairs which will take a few weeks. This should be in the Wii thread but I wouldn't dare...

Fried Wiis? Explain.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/20/wii-being-hit-by-fatal-error-110213-could-be-funky-firmware/

Apparently quite a few people are having this problem and Nintendo is sending out a lot of replacement Wii's. If you want to maintain your save data you have to send it in for repairs which will take a few weeks. This should be in the Wii thread but I wouldn't dare...

It already is because it already happened to someone in there.

Fried Wiis? Explain.

Apparently quite a few people are having this problem and Nintendo is sending out a lot of replacement Wii's. If you want to maintain your save data you have to send it in for repairs which will take a few weeks. This should be in the Wii thread but I wouldn't dare...

Well, maybe if you used the correct term. That isn't fried. Fried things don't turn on anymore.

Fried Wiis? Explain.

Well, maybe if you used the correct term. That isn't fried. Fried things don't turn on anymore.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens whith the PS3s. We wont know for a while since they are all still on EBay.

Fried Wiis? Explain.

Yeah, well, then the Wii is suffering from an unfixable firmware issue.

Not the end of the world, but the PS3 is fairing a lot better so far, aside from backwards compatibility issues.

Fried Wiis? Explain.

Yeah, well, then the Wii is suffering from an unfixable firmware issue.

Not the end of the world, but the PS3 is fairing a lot better so far, aside from backwards compatibility issues.

PS3, error free? Lets see,

- Won't upconvert, leaving non 720P tv owners playing in 480 mode.

- Overheating issues

- Consoles dying (3 flashes of death)

- Errors outputting 720P HD movies

- Controller errors that make them loose sync with the console every few seconds.

Well, I've heard of mass crashing & freezing of the PS3.

Also about the Wii, one of my friends has a broken Wii (it gives disc read errors for Wii Sports sometimes). From what I hear, there are more Wii problems than you'd normally see from a Nintendo launch though.

Well, I've heard of mass crashing & freezing of the PS3.

Also about the Wii, one of my friends has a broken Wii (it gives disc read errors for Wii Sports sometimes). From what I hear, there are more Wii problems than you'd normally see from a Nintendo launch though.

I'm pretty sure all the Wii Sports discs are fucked up or something. Many people have problems with it reading on their Wii.

I got this earlier

wiierrorri6.jpg

Nothing is perfect, especially being a first model.

Well the problems I've heard about the PS3 are largely from others who work at retail, like some EBGames employees telling me that they had the PS3 crash 4 times on them the day before launch. I remember also seeing a picture of an error message saying that the particular PS3 is corrupted.

Yeah, I posted a terrible picture this guy I know took. It says "The hard drive's file system is corrupted and will be restored"

Wait, have there been any major hardware problems yet? the PS3 is actually a much more solid machine this time around.
Anyway, basically all three consoles had rough launches.

Yeah, I was corrected and changed my stance. This is what reasonable people do. Honestly I hadn't heard of the video issues until now so it was news to me. Please stop trying so hard Koelsch. I'm not really that attached to the PS3. I want one, but I'll have a Xbox 360 much sooner as to me it's the most appealing system right now.

Edit: And as Injin said, most of the 'rough launch' was with the lack of units for sale, not the units themselves.

Wii sports is the only significant error on the system, and that's the disc, not the system. At least Nintendo is offering to fix their hardware, unlike Sony's wonderful history.

Remember those PS2s? And the PSP? Yeah. Let's see you get that PS3 fixed now.

Read the post above yours! Like the Wii problems, most if not all the issues are software based. And really, there weren't really that many problems with the PSP. I have a PSP with a squishy square button and it's a complete non-issue. People are just looking for things to hate on Sony. When you have some facts (i.e., actual links, reports, etc), please contribute them to the thread!

What N64 port to the DS is $39.99?

"they'll weigh in at anything between 140MB and 550MB"- Ouch, better go buy that 4GB-8GB mem stick for a couple hundred.

And in order to get these PS1 games to your PSP, you need a PS3? Sounds fair enough.

Apparently Sony is working on a way to let you get ps1 games to psp without a PS3. I'm up for that...because I won't be getting a ps3 for a long while. Looking forward to it.

I don't see myself getting any consoles soon... schooling just doesn't make time for this stuff, No money to buy it, and then no time to play it because of studies... I've been a supporter of all consoles and brands, but I just might have to settle for a Wii next year.

Its either Halo 3, MGS4, or Twilight Princess for me.