Sony PS3

Bigfoot

^ You're going to look like such an ass when the PS3 doesn't flop(neither will the Wii, though I can see it becoming a niche item due to its controller)

While the PS3 may succeed, it's a dangerous gambit. If they don't make enough money from software sales, the production costs are gonna hit them hard. After the RMA and batteries fiascos, Sony no longer has a thick cushion for the first year or so. If it does not go perfectly, investors will start looking for a way out.

^ You're going to look like such an ass when the PS3 doesn't flop(neither will the Wii, though I can see it becoming a niche item due to its controller)

While the PS3 may succeed, it's a dangerous gambit. If they don't make enough money from software sales, the production costs are gonna hit them hard. After the RMA and batteries fiascos, Sony no longer has a thick cushion for the first year or so. If it does not go perfectly, investors will start looking for a way out.

I completely agree with you. Investors are already on their heels thinking twice about Sony.

Lucky for Sony the average consumer is far too stupid to bail on them. The PS3 will succeedd due to the average consumer, and eventually the hardcore gamer will pick it up for its must have hits.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Sony deserves to do as well as its going to do with this system.

God forbid Nintendo make a profit. Its really putting them in the minority here.

Still doesn't takes away the fact that they're trying to fuck you up with overpriced stuff.

Overpriced? Are we still talking about Mario64 DS? Its ONE game. Now look at Sony. $50 PSP games compared to $35 DS games, $700 PS3 compared to $250 Wii, $60 PS3 games compared to $50 Wii games. Who is fucking people up with overpriced stuff, yet still FAILING to make a profit?

If you go back to the beginning of the discussion you will see that the topic was VC games. The port thingy came later, and it's not what I was referring to.

EDIT: Also lol @ people calling doom on sony/nintendo this generation. Both are taking a big risk with their consoles, and both will do well. But for stupid fanboys I guess that's kinda hard to realize.

God forbid Nintendo make a profit. Its really putting them in the minority here.

Still doesn't takes away the fact that they're trying to fuck you up with overpriced stuff.

Overpriced? Are we still talking about Mario64 DS? Its ONE game. Now look at Sony. $50 PSP games compared to $35 DS games, $700 PS3 compared to $250 Wii, $60 PS3 games compared to $50 Wii games. Who is fucking people up with overpriced stuff, yet still FAILING to make a profit?

If you go back to the beginning of the discussion you will see that the topic was VC games. The port thingy came later, and it's not what I was referring to.

EDIT: Also lol @ people calling doom on sony/nintendo this generation. Both are taking a big risk with their consoles, and both will do well. But for stupid fanboys I guess that's kinda hard to realize.

Well, Sony's big risk is that they're placing the company on the line with blu-ray. They've poured so much money into it that it could be the end of the company if it fails.

It'd be a strange thought if people ever considered Sony to be in some serious fiscal danger or that Nintendo do home consoles in a relatively low key manner if we were talking about gaming consoles ten years ago. And strangely, Microsoft is going to start breaking even and will probably be in a great situation one or two years from now.

Microsoft #1? huh

That said, I think the PS3 will still do alright. Maybe even run away with success again if every 3rd party jumps in on it again. And I said this many times before, but Nintendo Wii will still end up being a Nintendo console for Nintendo games. It always has been that way since N64.

If anything I'd say Nintendo's prices are not as bad as Sony's. The PS2 still costs more than the GC pretty much everywhere in the world, and it's weaker hardware. Then there's this fun thing called a class action lawsuit brought against Sony for their failing hardware and telling customers to either just buy a new one or pay for repairs.

Then again, I'd expect some people here to bitch about VC games being overpriced even if they cost 99 cents each, had online functionality, heavily improved graphics and music and came with a free blowjob.

If I have to believe the average gamer, making money on an entertainment product that's nowhere near essential to your survival should be forbidden by law.

Hmmm...

People bought PSPs to play NES games... Heck, using a Linux emulator, they are play NES games on the PS3.

And none of these dozen emulators get a 100% emulation simply because of the architechture of the N64. Research it a bit, you will find out that some games supplied their own chips to make it work. Kinda like the SNES starfox.

Also, if the 5$ port included new content, then you would have a point. The 40$ port feels like a game on its own. But you would not know that since you are talking out of your ass. Yes, Nintendo sold ports of NES games. However, you seem to repeat every 5 minutes that companies are in this for the money, and that if people buy it, then it's okay. I think you said that about the PS3's price. But I guess you would not know how hypocritical that makes you...

And please, do tell me what changed in between Grand Turismo 1 and 4, you still drive a car, do some races, and buy some other cars.

Your arguments are pretty dumb.

I'm arguing like Evilhead.

This is where he would reply "Oh, since I am attacking your beloved company, you resort to personal insults. You are really grasping at straws here.

You Sony fanboys are all the same. Say something other than positive remarks abouta Sony idea and you all get defensive and use insults to get your point across.

I'm having so much fun with all of you it's incredible."

I don't really like Sony as a game company myself. I think it would be better for the games industry if MS and Nintendo led, and better for the movie industry if HD DVD became the standard. This doesn't stop me from buying stuff they make if I want it and I feel it is worth the money to me. I'm not going to let some sort of bias or righteous ideas stop me from playing games I want. I bought a DS before I bought a PSP, so don't tell me I am a Sony fanboy.

Your arguments ARE pretty dumb. I don't see how Sony selling PS1 games is something to knock, at least without knocking Nintendo's virtual console too. Sony's deal actually looks superior to me - comparable prices AND you can play it on the go on the PSP. The "you can buy the games in a store" argument is stupid because, no, most of the time you can't find the games in the store. It would take a lot of searching and luck. The same is true for N64 games. Also, you can't play PS1 DISCS in your PSP.

Evilhead is doing a good job of explaining most everything else, so talking more on the subject would be repetitious.

And dude, I got Mario 64 DS. That game was so bad

:?

It would not take much. 95% of sony's revenue is gone. They have to run the company on 5% with a money losing product. If it goes bad, investors will pull away, sell shares, and a take-over could be in order. It happened to other companies before.

Especially since most of Sony's stock is now owned by western investers. See the thing about western investers is that they are looking much more towards the short term, while the Japanese are looking for the long term. With Sony expecting big loses for the next couple of years with the PS3, shareholders may start pulling out on them.

If anything I'd say Nintendo's prices are not as bad as Sony's. The PS2 still costs more than the GC pretty much everywhere in the world, and it's weaker hardware.

That made absolutely zero sense. DVD player + broadband adaptor are both packed into the system on top of the game system itself. This is not hard to figure out.

Then again, I'd expect some people here to bitch about VC games being overpriced even if they cost 99 cents each, had online functionality, heavily improved graphics and music and came with a free blowjob.

But the truth of the matter will be that they mostly won't get "heavily improved graphics", online functionality (Japanese developers here. We don't care about online. hurr) and other additions. That's just a pipe dream. And yes, people will bitch about it no matter what they do to it. Since every smart gamers can snatch it off the net. But I suppose that's something to do with common sense of smart, more expedient gamers and those who just buy whatever is put in front of them at a price. Same thing as the whole iTunes store deal.

Edit:

Actually, scratch that. Apparently they're keen on botching up classics for VC as well. Fuck:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/donkeykongnes/review.html?sid=6162202

If anything I'd say Nintendo's prices are not as bad as Sony's. The PS2 still costs more than the GC pretty much everywhere in the world, and it's weaker hardware.

That made absolutely zero sense. DVD player + broadband adaptor are both packed into the system on top of the game system itself. This is not hard to figure out.

Yet this was also the case before the slimline model came out, and back then the GC came with a recent game as well while the PS2 didn't. Make more sense now?

Actually, scratch that. Apparently they're keen on botching up classics for VC as well. Fuck:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/donkeykongnes/review.html?sid=6162202

It's the NES version, which was raped from the start. Not the original arcade version, which was also never promised or hinted at for a VC title. This is also stated in the review itself several times.

It'll be more interesting when DK64 is revealed as a VC title, since that includes the original arcade version.

For those like Atomicfog, you should find this useful:

Speaking to CBC News, Sony Computer Entertainment of Canada's marketing and public relations manager Matt Levitan announced that North American gamers who missed out on the launch will have another chance to grab a PS3 next week.

"We are getting a second shipment next week, probably around the middle of next week. We'll know by Monday or Tuesday when they will be available.

"We are flying in shipments from Japan and China, and will probably ship them directly to retail" [instead of to Sony's warehouses], he said.

Levitas expects 4 or 5 additional shipments by the end of 2006, with each shipment containing a quarter of the units that were available at launch. He unfortunately didn't state what that number was. If Sony's original 400K launch number is to be believed, that means another 400-500K in the next six weeks.

For those like Atomicfog, you should find this useful:
Speaking to CBC News, Sony Computer Entertainment of Canada's marketing and public relations manager Matt Levitan announced that North American gamers who missed out on the launch will have another chance to grab a PS3 next week.

"We are getting a second shipment next week, probably around the middle of next week. We'll know by Monday or Tuesday when they will be available.

"We are flying in shipments from Japan and China, and will probably ship them directly to retail" [instead of to Sony's warehouses], he said.

Levitas expects 4 or 5 additional shipments by the end of 2006, with each shipment containing a quarter of the units that were available at launch. He unfortunately didn't state what that number was. If Sony's original 400K launch number is to be believed, that means another 400-500K in the next six weeks.

So does this mean more people camping and more riots/shootings/robberies?

Let's hope not.

Well, he did try to play a game on it. Its not meant for that...

OH SNAP!

So I just bought a PS3 from a store that just received 3 20GB systems today and nobody knew about it.

Wish me luck for selling it on eBay.

Might as well do it now I guess. I hear they're pretty low compared to what they used to be.

Considering that the prices for PS3s on eBay has eben dropping a lot lately, you might only get a small amount for it. Or you could, you know, just play it.