Sony PS3

Bigfoot

I know ya'll have already heard the story of the "Sony Playstations, 3 of them" guy, but have you see the man who got a 60 GB PS3, 2 year warranty, 2 games, Blue-Ray movie, and an extra controller for .99 cents?

Someone made their auction a buy it now instead of an actual starting bid.

I'm gonna call BS on that. Maybe it was 2 friends doing it as a joke to get attention.

Didn't I get yelled at earlier for saying that was possible? :wink: Oh well, I just meant to say that if something goes wrong with your PS3, be it an out of the box malfunction or not, it would probably suck because it will be really difficult to get it replaced and stuff, what with the high demand and low supply of PS3s.

I'm guessing something happened during shipping. I doubt they'd let something just go without testing it first.

Didn't I get yelled at earlier for saying that was possible? :wink: Oh well, I just meant to say that if something goes wrong with your PS3, be it an out of the box malfunction or not, it would probably suck because it will be really difficult to get it replaced and stuff, what with the high demand and low supply of PS3s.

I'm guessing something happened during shipping. I doubt they'd let something just go without testing it first.

Actually, testing is usually on a small sample of units per shipment - it's just standard.

I know ya'll have already heard the story of the "Sony Playstations, 3 of them" guy, but have you see the man who got a 60 GB PS3, 2 year warranty, 2 games, Blue-Ray movie, and an extra controller for .99 cents?

Someone made their auction a buy it now instead of an actual starting bid.

I'm gonna call BS on that. Maybe it was 2 friends doing it as a joke to get attention.

Even if it wasn't, I think the seller would "accidently" forget to honor that auction... even at the risk of getting a negative rating.

It would be funny if it went through though, like if the seller was Hank Hill or something.

Well now selling the PS3 may not be worth it for some since they usually only seem to go from $200 to $400 over their price now, but this idea is nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Play-Station-3-EMPTY-BOX-ONLY_W0QQitemZ280050475643QQihZ018QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to be doing that with 3 Wii boxes actually.

So Resistance is supposed to be 17.75GB. Well this guy found that a lot of is just padding. I heard they do this so the data is pushed to the outside for faster reading.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130883

So if this is true, Sony sure is full of themselves when they say Blu-Ray is the next gen of gaming.

4394880 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_0.bin

4615616 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_1.bin

5258560 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_10.bin

5336160 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_11.bin

5442304 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_12.bin

5495488 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_13.bin

5561440 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_14.bin

5626784 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_15.bin

5688160 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_16.bin

5765280 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_17.bin

5889024 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_18.bin

5942112 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_19.bin

4718912 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_2.bin

5987712 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_20.bin

6038464 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_21.bin

6102080 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_22.bin

6149984 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_23.bin

6214304 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_24.bin

6286304 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_25.bin

6343936 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_26.bin

6437824 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_27.bin

6482336 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_28.bin

6594560 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_29.bin

4762144 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_3.bin

6618720 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_30.bin

6671936 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_31.bin

6732512 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_32.bin

6781056 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_33.bin

6824832 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_34.bin

6865280 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_35.bin

7018656 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_36.bin

7124640 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_37.bin

7216960 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_38.bin

7305696 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_39.bin

4869696 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_4.bin

7394528 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_40.bin

7430784 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_41.bin

7465216 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_42.bin

7499808 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_43.bin

7566848 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_44.bin

7633632 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_45.bin

7699616 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_46.bin

7770880 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_47.bin

7841952 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_48.bin

7912320 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_49.bin

4957888 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_5.bin

7971520 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_50.bin

8030560 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_51.bin

8088992 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_52.bin

8143264 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_53.bin

8197344 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_54.bin

8251008 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_55.bin

8326752 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_56.bin

8402272 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_57.bin

8476864 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_58.bin

8535808 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_59.bin

5006176 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_6.bin

5059168 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_7.bin

5115296 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_8.bin

5189440 , >:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\packed\movies\muxed\ntsc\auto_g enerated_padding_9.bin

So Resistance is supposed to be 17.75GB. Well this guy found that a lot of is just padding. I heard they do this so the data is pushed to the outside for faster reading.

So if this is true, Sony sure is full of themselves when they say Blu-Ray is the next gen of gaming.

moon language or something

You're going to have to explain that for those of us that don't read binary or whatever that is.

You're going to have to explain that for those of us that don't read binary or whatever that is.

Honestly, I can't explain it. On the forums someone said people usually do it so push the data the outer area for faster read times.

Or maybe it's just not Resistance which is the next generation of gaming? High capacity on the discs seems like a nice thing to have, whether or not current games are really using it.

But yeah it kinda is a dick move to claim Resistance is that huge when it ain't!

The big numbers on the left are the sectors on the disk where the data is to be found, not the filesize. It is like number that tells the device the physical position on the file.

All games in history have padding, because of limitations on the devices. I don't know specifically about the PS3 Blu-Ray, but let's say the Blu-Ray can seek only on 1 Meg aligned files. It means that if your movie file takes 17.6 Megs, you have to generate 0.4 Megs of padding to be able to seek (read) the next file on the disc, which would be at 18 Megs.

Also, give it time. Just as there were new ways to exploit the DVD to store more space in games, I don't see how having 25G on a disc can NOT be beneficial for future games.

I think that developers, logically speaking, will use as much space as is available to them. If 45GB of storage is available on a write-once type of media, there's no reason not to store everything in a larger format to reduce loading/processing times.

Attacking the media format because people could potentially have too much space is probably the most absurd route I can think of taking. There are plenty of other things about Blu-Ray you could criticize.

I think that developers, logically speaking, will use as much space as is available to them. If 45GB of storage is available on a write-once type of media, there's no reason not to store everything in a larger format to reduce loading/processing times.

Attacking the format because people could potentially have too much space is probably the most absurd route I can think of taking. There are plenty of other things about Blu-Ray you could criticize.

Like the slower read speed than HD-DVD and DVD?

Attacking the format because people could potentially have too much space is probably the most absurd route I can think of taking. There are plenty of other things about Blu-Ray you could criticize.

Like the slower read speed than HD-DVD and DVD?

My hero.