Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Well, that Specter guy has (had?) one, and the other poster kupernick (sp?) mentioned getting one at launch.

Actually, I never got one, the reason why is explained somewhere else that I'm too lazy to find. Mostly it was becasue Fry's was only selling them in $1100 bundle-packs.

I do have one, but it's still in the box waiting to be sold at 2 times the price.

Considering the prices on eBay have been dropping lately, you may want to settle for only one and a half times the price.

Considering some auctions I saw yesterday, he might have to sell at a loss. I saw 60GB PS3s with less than an hour left, going for about 600CAD. They hadn't even hit their reserve price yet.

There's also a Walmart in/near Granite City, that has had a 60GB PS3 since the day after launch and it hasn't even been asked after yet. They can't keep the Wii on the shelves, of course.

I do have one, but it's still in the box waiting to be sold at 2 times the price.

Considering the prices on eBay have been dropping lately, you may want to settle for only one and a half times the price.

Considering some auctions I saw yesterday, he might have to sell at a loss. I saw 60GB PS3s with less than an hour left, going for about 600CAD. They hadn't even hit their reserve price yet.

There's also a Walmart in/near Granite City, that has had a 60GB PS3 since the day after launch and it hasn't even been asked after yet. They can't keep the Wii on the shelves, of course.

Haha shit that's true ! Oh shit I'm fucked 8O

Lets not generalize particulars too much. I visited a store in my area with two Wiis for sale and not a single PS3. Markets are uneven, burps happen, and E-bay oftentimes sells to the people in the worst local markets (i.e., no systems free till March).

Watch out. If you sell your PS3 to those markets, Sony will come by and shut you down! Even if it isn't Europe you're selling it to!

And most places don't have a single PS3 for sale, and it'd be natural that in some markets there might be a Wii or 2 available. That's just how the numbers work. But that there would still be a launch unit, unopened, sitting and not even being asked for, without an additional shipment, is just silly for such a high demand system.

There's actually still some out there that didn't sell within the first day, if not the first few minutes??

Shouldn't be too suprised I suppose. Guess that's what i get for living in Montana...I think the count was less than fifty total here in Great Falls on that day. Of course I had one reserved 5 months eariler at Sam Goody (the only place that was taking reservations at the time mind you.) However, when I went to pick it up, they told me they didn't get any and weren't going to until sometime NEXT YEAR. A little angry? Yes, you could say that.

So I got to play Resistance: Fall of Man a little at EB earlier...and while the graphics were impressive, the controls felt too rigid & slow. I'm not usually an advocate of the keyboard/mouse, but here is a situation where the keyboard/mouse just beats the PS3 controller.

Except it doesn't. Because afaik it doesn't support it.

So I got to play Resistance: Fall of Man a little at EB earlier...and while the graphics were impressive, the controls felt too rigid & slow. I'm not usually an advocate of the keyboard/mouse, but here is a situation where the keyboard/mouse just beats the PS3 controller.

Except it doesn't. Because afaik it doesn't support it.

My point was that the control scheme just felt way too rigid.

So it's going to be a solid peice of hardware with many capabilities and a great game library? Sounds awful!

Anyway, it's too early to call anything of the sort really.

Nice great game library when 3rd parties can't even make games yet.

Yes, there will be no 3rd party games for the PS3. You heard it here first, folks!

So it's going to be a solid peice of hardware with many capabilities and a great game library? Sounds awful!

Yes, there will be no 3rd party games for the PS3. You heard it here first, folks!

Can you read? I said "yet".

And if I'm not mistaken, that article says 1 year.

Can you read? I said "yet".

And if I'm not mistaken, that article says 1 year.

Where does it say that? I read the article like three times and didn't notice anything about a year.

The guy is basically just whining "OMG THE PS3 IS HARD TO DEVELOP FOR!" Exactly the same as the PS2 launch. He even mentions the PS2 launch.