Sony PS3

Bigfoot

So..

Guess this kinda proves that not even Sony thinks the PS3 is worth the effort, now.

http://www.ps3news.ca/12212006/01/sony_promises_uber_ps3_to_come

Ken Kutaragi promises AV-centric PlayStation 3

PS3 Sony Ken Kutaragi Av-centric sound video hdmiWith PS3 barely over a month old, Sony exec Ken Kutaragi is already talking about the next incarnation of the PlayStation 3.

In a recent interview with Japan's Impress, Kutaragi discussed an AV-centric PS3 in which audio and video are the priority. Powered by the Cell processor, this "promised" future PS3 would "be a standard AV component sized box with a more powerful, power supply unit, anti-shake insulator, twice the main memory, and 2x HDMI to split sound and video output."

According to Engadget HD, Impress has estimated that the device could cost as much as ¥300,000 or about $2,500. It makes that 60GB PlayStation 3 look mighty cheap by comparison, does it not?

$2,500 US dollars

Uhm... what?

So on ebay this would go for about 6k?

If they were in as of a high demand as the PS3 was upon it's release, then it would be a lot higher.

Weren't there a few PS3s that reached as high as 10,000? If so, then if the price of $2,500 were inflated in the same way, it'd be around $42,000 ;P

$2,500 US dollars

Uhm... what?

So on ebay this would go for about 6k?

If they were in as of a high demand as the PS3 was upon it's release, then it would be a lot higher.

Weren't there a few PS3s that reached as high as 10,000? If so, then if the price of $2,500 were inflated in the same way, it'd be around $42,000 ;P

And right now some PS3s are going for loss.

You can get 60GB PS3s on Yahoo Japan for much closer to retail now. I was thinking of buying one but I'm going to wait a bit until there are some more releases out. The VF5 being ported to the 360 is a bit of a surprise though. It's one of the titles that was really driving my desire for a PS3, so I might see how this plays out. It just cements even further my plans to get a 360, as soon as I can get my hands on a US console.

About 4 days ago I saw the bigger PS3 sell for $580...I had jumped on Ebay to check something else and did a search on PS3's just out of curiosity... It was at $450 with about 10 min to go and I was seriously thinking on bidding for that lower price. Didn't though because I'm not too much into video games anymore (time). Find it interesting that I saw some PS3's going for barely over list. I think the majority of people who bought the PS3's on release date did it just with the sole intention of reselling. There were literally pages of solid PS3's at very reasonable prices ($50-$200 over list) with no bids.

I honesly think this new generation was released when there was too much lif left in the current one. Add that to the fact that the visual/performance leap isn't nearly as great as it was from NES to SNES or Genesis to PSX...

I think the video game industry has a new type of problem on their hands....wait and see...

You can get 60GB PS3s on Yahoo Japan for much closer to retail now. I was thinking of buying one but I'm going to wait a bit until there are some more releases out. The VF5 being ported to the 360 is a bit of a surprise though. It's one of the titles that was really driving my desire for a PS3, so I might see how this plays out. It just cements even further my plans to get a 360, as soon as I can get my hands on a US console.

I'm actually purchasing a 360 when I wake up tomorrow, mainly because I'll be able to get the premium for essentially $200. It takes around that pricepoint for me to really consider a console purchase, but I think it also makes a nice Christmas present to my parents as a reliable DVD player that makes use of the HDTV we have via component cables that come with the system.

And lol @ the thieves caught at grand theft.

I'm actually purchasing a 360 when I wake up tomorrow, mainly because I'll be able to get the premium for essentially $200. It takes around that pricepoint for me to really consider a console purchase, but I think it also makes a nice Christmas present to my parents as a reliable DVD player that makes use of the HDTV we have via component cables that come with the system.

200$ for the Premium? Do tell! I missed out on the amazon sale and I'm lookin' into the 360 market myself. Just gotta have Halo 3.

200$ for the Premium? Do tell! I missed out on the amazon sale and I'm lookin' into the 360 market myself. Just gotta have Halo 3.

There is currently a deal at Microcenter for XBox 360 for $200 after $100 mail in rebate, but I'm not doing this deal - I have a special stackable 25% off total purchase coupon at Toys 'R Us, and they have a promotion that ends at Christmas for a $100 gift card with the purchase of an XBox 360.

Also 60 GB PS3 in stock here if anyone wanted: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/PlayStation-3/sem/rpsm/catOid/-16622/N/20012841+20016481+20016622/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorySpecial.do