Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Haha.. poor bastard he is, indeed. The following was posted by him, in immediate sequence.

YOU STUPID FUCKS - PLAYSTATION BROUGH SOME OF THE GREATEST GAMES OUT - STOP WHINNING PUSSIES
TO ALL ANTI-SONY PEOPLE - I HOPE YOU GET CANCER IN THE MOUTH
GO TO IGN AND SEE HOW ALL THE EDITORS 360'S DIDN'T WORK - EVERY FRIGGIN ONE OF THEM - BECAUSE IT IS A JUNK
WHO CARES IF IT FREEZES IN THE STORE - MINE IS ON ALL DAY LONG AND MY 4 OTHER FRIENDS ARE ON ALL THE TIME AND THEIR WASN'T ANY PROBLEMS - THIS PERSON IS LYING

And then immediately follows it up with..

WHO EVER MADE THAT COMMENT IS A NINTENDO LOVER AND TAKES IT IN THE BUTT

Seriously.. how old is he? 8? Maybe he doesn't even realize that he ended up calling himself a "nintendo lover" and that he "takes it in the butt". Because, rather than trying to target it at the article, he targeted it at the person who made the previous -comment-.. which was himself. :P

Wow... have PS3s sitting on shelves, the demand is a lot lower than they originally expected, and now they are offering a major discount through their stores.

I know they want to get the machines out there, so when more games come out in the future, the consumer base will be there... but taking an even larger loss per unit? Ouch.

Also: comments in the Gametab article. "I'mma buying a Wii with mine!"

I love how one of the first comments there suggests that Sony's fortune will improve next year, stating they'll sell 4-6 million units.

On average, if you accept the "units shipped" as "units sold", then both the PS1 and PS2 averaged close to 20 MILLION units per year. For the PS3 to maybe sell 6 million next year, would mean they're only doing 1/4 as well as the previous 2.

It'd put them in about the same situation for potential units, as Nintendo was for the Gamecube. o.o

Final Fantasy is the only thing left.

Reason why I have my PSP. And Crisis Core STILL isn't out yet... I just hope XIII won't be another XII. That game took FOREVER to develope! I realize they switched directors halfway through and it takes time to make a good game, but I guess if you don't count XI there were five years between FF releases. Don't get me wrong, I love my PSP, Daxter, GTA:LCS/VCS, and Ridge Racer are enough to keep me playing when I'm not running homebrew.

Any doubt for the PSP? Loco Roco and Tokobots, they make the system worth it.

I enjoy my PS3 so far. Can't wait to get my hands on LINUX and install that. I'm impressed with the console itself, but not with Sony's use of it. The web browser sucks, dropped downloads w/o file recovery is RIDICULOUS for something so capable. That, the lame media support (DIVX, AVI anyone?) and the filing system are insane. For 600 bucks SCE can do better. And they need to if they want to move more units.

Note to Sony: Closing out of the Playstation registration program and loosing your 30 minutes of typing with a half-assed method causing you to loose all your work, due to YOUR servers not responding is a horrible treat to your consumers. LET ME MAKE USE OF MY MONEY.

Reason why I have my PSP. And Crisis Core STILL isn't out yet... I just hope XIII won't be another XII. That game took FOREVER to develope! I realize they switched directors halfway through and it takes time to make a good game, but I guess if you don't count XI there were five years between FF releases. Don't get me wrong, I love my PSP, Daxter, GTA:LCS/VCS, and Ridge Racer are enough to keep me playing when I'm not running homebrew.

Any doubt for the PSP? Loco Roco and Tokobots, they make the system worth it.

Slightly offtopic but I'm starting to realize how much I've neglected my PSP these days - I have only 6 games so far, 3 that I bought two days after Christmas in a Toys 'R Us clearance sale, and just bought Me And My Katamari and Gitaroo Man Lives! I have a few other games on my list like Mega Man Powered Up, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, and Capcom Classics Remixed - it's surprising how many games the PSP has worth a go now. It's no DS, but it has a respectable set of games.

This is a PS3 thread newbs.

I'm thinking of picking up a used PSP for my birfday though. MGS:PO is pretty tempting, but I don't want to spend full price for a PSP.

Oh the irony - you can use the Sony credit card offer I linked to in the last page if you want $150 off (although you have to wait ~2 1/2 months to get the money credited).

Do you people know of any way to play Japanese PS2 games on the PS3 ?

The PS3 is NOT region free contrary to popular belief . The PS3 GAMES are "region free". PS3 games from japan and North America share the same region code, so it seems like it's region free.

Example:

PS2 North American Region Code: 1

PS2 Japanese Region Code: 2

PS3 North American Region Code: 1

PS3 Japanese Region Code: 1

And I thought the PS3 Hardware for Japan and America was the same, i.e. the Emotion Engine in the PS3 being able to play games region-free. Now do you know if there is a way to play import games with PS3, like Swap Magic or something like this ?

I don't know how far they can patch it with firmware. But, since you can run Linux on the PS3, and people at Paradox have already begun working on a ps3 loader to dump your game images on your hard drive and play them as backups from the hard drive (which should reduce loading times too !), there could be a PS2 loader app too, that enables players to play ps2 imports on their ps3. The loader could be updated every time sony patches its game, much like scraft map hacks were updated every time brood war was updated :(

Of course, that might take a while. I was really looking forward to playing Narutimate Hero 3 on my PS3 when I thought It'd be region-free.

Man! Everywhere I go I find PS3's sitting in the shelves. The dude at Gamestop said their few in stock have been sitting there a few days. And I just stopped in Wal-Mart; they had two. (Yet I can't find a singly Wii...)

Are they making a ton now? Or is it just not as popular?

I'd say supply and demand are nearly at equilibrium. I myself walked into Best Buy a couple days ago and found a pyramid of twenty or so with only a few missing by the doors. This was late in the evening, mind you.

If only I had six hundred dollars.