Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Yeah, I can't stand that kind of delay (Hell, I have problems playing PS2 games on an HDTV) so I pretty much hate remote play for that reason.

But seriously, BlazBlue? How the hell would you even be able to play that at all? Having a fighting game being remote-play enabled is a terrible, terrible idea.

I would be amazed if they managed to fix that lag delay. Bad enough I would get some free matches on SFIV and would get lag spikes from out of nowhere; imagining that happening to me if I ever get a PSP would make me want to almost chuck the hand held out the window...

Also nothing like eating something and its Shoryukening your gut while in a tournament; causing you to either drop out and keep your dignity or... well... yeah...

PSP would save so many... quarters... if it did right with the timing...

I think that Naughty Dog shares a lot of their techniques and technology with other first party developers. Naughty Dog is the shit. Have you seen Uncharted? I think it's easily one of the prettiest games out there, and one of my favorite games this gen. The game also had no load times besides the initial load.

I downloaded the demo and really liked it. But I decided that since I'm El Cheapo, I wont pay the big price tag for a 7 hour game. Instead I'm currently in the process of watching a walkthrough with commentary. I'm definately picking up Among Thieves though.

Well if you're wanting for fighters, Blazblue just came out today(didn't have it when I went in earlier today, but gonna pick up my 360 copy later today).

IGN gave it a 9.4.

A bloody 9.4.

Have you ever seen a game get a 9.4? Ok fine it's probably happened before but I wasn't paying attention. :-P

If you're a fighting game fan and loved Guilty Gear at all, there is no question. You WILL pick this game up. Also the first prints of the game on both systems is a limited edition that has a 44-track soundtrack and a DVD full of extras and character strategies. Best part is that you're not paying the "standard" limited edition premium.

Go buy and be happy.

Well if you're wanting for fighters, Blazblue just came out today(didn't have it when I went in earlier today, but gonna pick up my 360 copy later today).

IGN gave it a 9.4.

A bloody 9.4.

Have you ever seen a game get a 9.4? Ok fine it's probably happened before but I wasn't paying attention. :-P

If you're a fighting game fan and loved Guilty Gear at all, there is no question. You WILL pick this game up. Also the first prints of the game on both systems is a limited edition that has a 44-track soundtrack and a DVD full of extras and character strategies. Best part is that you're not paying the "standard" limited edition premium.

Go buy and be happy.

sheeit imma have to get this

sheeit imma have to get this

~!

Now if you're getting the XBOX360 version I'll be disappointed in not being able to challenge you...

offtopic* I wouldn't mind seeing a pop up or some chime whenever some one sends me a notification as I didn't notice it till much later...

Gollgagh can I assume you meant the one on the left side..?

• 3 weeks later...

So does anyone know if last remnant will ever come to ps3?

And while I'm at it, when I was playing resistance 2, I had a level 18 spec ops, and when I logged on one day, it magically went up to level 21. The next time I logged on, it went to level 27. The next morning I decided to check it before I went to work and it went to max level 30. WTF? I actually wanted to level it up myself. A little while later, my soldier went from level 16 to level 21. It stopped after that, but has that happened to anyone else?

And while I'm at it, when I was playing resistance 2, I had a level 18 spec ops, and when I logged on one day, it magically went up to level 21. The next time I logged on, it went to level 27. The next morning I decided to check it before I went to work and it went to max level 30. WTF? I actually wanted to level it up myself. A little while later, my soldier went from level 16 to level 21. It stopped after that, but has that happened to anyone else?

I think Square-Enix got asked about a Last Remnant PS3 release at a press conference and pretty much ignored/dodged the question. It's kind of disappointing because The Last Remnant seemed like a spiritual successor of sorts to FF12. My only choice would be to play the PC version and either drag my PC downstairs to play it on my TV, or just play it on my smaller computer monitor.

I wouldn't hold your breath on it, but I also wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

I thought the game was pretty fun on the 360(graphical glitches and all), but the farther I got into the story, the more disinterested I was becoming. Also in order to actually survive several story battles, you'll need to make it a habit to do ALL the sidequests which encompass over 50% of the game, or you WILL be murdered. In fact, there are characters and parts of the world map(like towns n' stuff) that you'll outright miss if you don't go through all the mundane fetch quests.

A bloody shame since I thought so highly of the game originally.

I thought the game was pretty fun on the 360(graphical glitches and all), but the farther I got into the story, the more disinterested I was becoming. Also in order to actually survive several story battles, you'll need to make it a habit to do ALL the sidequests which encompass over 50% of the game, or you WILL be murdered. In fact, there are characters and parts of the world map(like towns n' stuff) that you'll outright miss if you don't go through all the mundane fetch quests.

A bloody shame since I thought so highly of the game originally.

Considering the reviews on it and among others opinions on the net, it's sounding like another throw-away title the 360 got shafted with...

Perhaps it's a good thing it didn't see a PS3 release..?

the problem with the 360 version is that it was designed to be installed to the hard drive - you get lots of tearing if you don't. the pc version gets off better, but it doesn't work well with older systems.

it's a good game if you go for completion from the start. if you don't, it's very, very difficult.

There's an excellent demo on Steam for the PC version of The Last Remnant. Having never played the xbox version after seeing negative reviews I was pleasantly suprised by the PC demo. It works extremely well with the Xbox 360 controller.

• 3 weeks later...

I watch youtube videos on my PS3 on occasion. I think regardless whether you're on a PS3/360/PC, if you're not in the United States you're out of luck... However I can imagine some one uploading episodes of the show on a torrent...

Then again I don't watch the show personally, I've just heard about some countries not being allowed to see certain content. Much like what happened with Pandora and the UK I believe...

I think regardless whether you're on a PS3/360/PC, if you're not in the United States you're out of luck.

I added you to my PS3 friends list, Schwaltz. You're the first. I think you're referring to the region-locking thing they do for the full episodes on the internet, but actually Japan isn't locked out. How lucky I am. I'm thinking about trying to install Yellowdog Linux 6.2 on my PS3 which comes with Firefox. Then I can probably watch flash videos. I was shocked to find out that you can do stuff like that on a Playstation. How nuts is that?!

Well as I said I've watched Youtube videos on my PS3 before just fine, but I can't say that all flash-based vid sites work on it as I haven't actually attempted to check them all.

Also lately I haven't been on due to me trying to download via torrenting part of a 416GB album collection and my internet keeps getting killed which causes me to have to reset the router/modem every half hour or so; my isp sure must hate me. :lol:

Nonetheless, what games do you have/play? Perhaps I can go a couple of rounds with ya on Blazblue some time. :)!!

I'm waiting on the info for the new model; especially whether they're bringing back PS2 playability via software or hardware and if any new features would be on it. If nothing new, I simply miss out on the slimmer package.

However if they make it worth getting, meh I'd probably get it and give the older model to a good friend.

Backward compatibility would be nice I guess, though I'm not sure it still warrants getting $50 in gamestop for my $400+ PS2 package with a modem (freakin' useless, that modem. ugh). Still too suspenseful with the PS3 Slim maybe being released at $299.. Unlikely but still.