Sony PS3

Bigfoot

So this God of War collection containing the PS2 titles on one Blu-ray disc and remastered in 720p being released on the PS3. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could mean for the plethora of popular PS2 titles out there? Of course this is a first-party IP so it might be an isolated thing, but it'd be interesting to see what other publishers would think if sales were pretty decent.

So this God of War collection containing the PS2 titles on one Blu-ray disc and remastered in 720p being released on the PS3. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could mean for the plethora of popular PS2 titles out there? Of course this is a first-party IP so it might be an isolated thing, but it'd be interesting to see what other publishers would think if sales were pretty decent.

one of the bonuses about this is that they'll fix the incompatibilities with the software version of the Emotion engine - making it run properly on CECHC and CECHE models (like mine). i hope they do this with other major games, like FFX and XII (they have issues with dropped frames and invisible cutscenes throughout the games).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just joined the ranks of ps3 owners. Picked up one of the slims for $255 when the deal came around on slickdeals.net.

My psn id is the same as my id here: Reaif

So anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.

One thing I am very pleased with so far is the media sharing abilities. Just installed the Nero Media home software on my file server, so now I have about 600 GB of videos and music that I can watch on my ps3. The codec compatibility is pretty good too. There are only a couple of things that I can't watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wait, there's a way to stream mkv to your ps3? how?!?

Download PS3 Media Server. It decodes mkv.

Anyway, I just got into the Uncharted 2 demo, and I LOVE it, but I really need people to play with. Co-op matches are a disaster for me. Most of the people I play with don't know how to play the game, once I ended a game with 40 kills total and the other two people got 1 kill each. I also have to deal with a lot of people disconnecting about 10 minutes in... There goes my experience. Anyway, if you want to play, please add me. Plastikbag is my PSN name. If you don't play, I recommend trying it out. It's a lot of fun.

Download PS3 Media Server. It decodes mkv.

Anyway, I just got into the Uncharted 2 demo, and I LOVE it, but I really need people to play with. Co-op matches are a disaster for me. Most of the people I play with don't know how to play the game, once I ended a game with 40 kills total and the other two people got 1 kill each. I also have to deal with a lot of people disconnecting about 10 minutes in... There goes my experience. Anyway, if you want to play, please add me. Plastikbag is my PSN name. If you don't play, I recommend trying it out. It's a lot of fun.

I sent you a friend request once but I don't think you accepted it. Anyway, I checked out the game and it was great. But I'd rather wait and buy the whole thing than wear out the experience on the demo.

I brought the chinese version which is in full english text and voices. But it is true that you can not pause, still a excellent game.

I'm fine with the Berserkesque brutality in both the realism as well as the high difficulty that's been mentioned in other reviews. While I wouldn't mind importing, I can wait till it's released here; not to mentioned I've already preordered the Deluxe edition which includes an art book, and a soundtrack album among other things.

I'm fine with the Berserkesque brutality in both the realism as well as the high difficulty that's been mentioned in other reviews. While I wouldn't mind importing, I can wait till it's released here; not to mentioned I've already preordered the Deluxe edition which includes an art book, and a soundtrack album among other things.

I should have preordered it too but i could not wait any longer. The difficulty is hard but not frustrating, but i was disappointed with the last boss.