Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Is Demon's Souls really as cool as the videos say? Could someone compare it's gameplay to another game?

It's very good and I could try comparing but I'd say it's something you'd have to experience yourself. Plus there really isn't a game that I can think of that would be a fair comparison to DS. I could say Devil May Cry compared to God of War perhaps but I can't think of anything close to the feeling of Demon's Soul's as it feels like a true, western Fantasy; perhaps D&D-ish in a very good way but without the dice business.

Expect it to be very challenging, as you will die a lot. In my opinion they did pretty well bringing a realistic feeling towards the game but at the same time kept it fun as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
... So this has slowed down a bit,

anyone playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 here?

Ya know I was tempted to put up an image to express my extreme hatred towards it but instead...

I certainly do not and never will buy it for the PS3 considering that'd be me saying it's okay for them to shit all over the PC side as well. Plus it's criminally short in a bad way. Also I've "borrowed" it for the PC to see what it had to offer and I was right in regards to being nothing but eye candy and shoddy multiplayer; deleted it as soon as I started to get mad at it more.

I'm busy trying to get the uncharted 2 plat. All I need to do is get the rest of the treasures and beat it on crushing mode. (I'm on lvl 3) Oh yea, I also need to get 200 kills with the minigun weapon. It's kind of a pain to run upstairs and look at the web for the trophys and then run downstairs to go find them. But i'll manage.

I'm busy trying to get the uncharted 2 plat. All I need to do is get the rest of the treasures and beat it on crushing mode. (I'm on lvl 3) Oh yea, I also need to get 200 kills with the minigun weapon. It's kind of a pain to run upstairs and look at the web for the trophys and then run downstairs to go find them. But i'll manage.

I'm playing that too, it's really fun. It's like a book/movie. It's great and the graphics look incredible.

Nekofrog and I, too, were blessed by Bahamut and bustatunez and showered with PS3 gifts this Christmas. We're really in love with Blu-ray right now and the games we got are really great. Thing is, we also have $20 to spend at the PlayStation Store. What would any of you recommend we spend it on? Having no real PS3 experience at this point, except for seeing a few fleeting moments of "Flower" and "Shatter," we're unsure of what to get that won't be a waste.

Throw out some suggestions, pretty please! We also have two controllers, so multiplayer would be cool, but that doesn't have to be a dealbreaker. Single-player stuff is fine, too.

• 2 weeks later...
After this I'm done arguing:

E3 '07 showcased almost nothing for the Wii. The Zapper? Useless. That balance board thingie? Who cares? Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are the only awesome things coming out for the Wii this year.

The 360 has Bioshock' date=' Halo 3 and Blue Dragon. Let's be honest here, Blue Dragon doesn't feel right for the 360. It's never been the expansive role-playing game console but, who knows, maybe this'll make way for other cool RPGs to come. I'd also like to point out that Blue Dragon alone is selling 360's in Japan; about 380,000 consoles sold versus 200,000 copies of the game.

The PS3 totally won E3 (not that it's a competition, but you know what I mean). With such awesome looking games as Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, Uncharted, MGS4, Tools of Destruction, FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, Folklore, God of War 3, Infamous, White Knight Story, Heavy Rain, Lair, Warhawk and Little Big Planet. I know quite a few of these won't even be coming out until '08 but, holy shit, what a line-up.

Being [i']pro PS3 sounds worthy enough for the PS3 thread.

So I'm re-reading this thread right now out of sheer boredom (it was here that I discovered that I now read all of Bahamut's posts in his voice -- DAMN YOU), and this post really stuck out to me for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that of these games, a good amount of them aren't even out yet (WKC, FF13, FFv13 God of War 3, Heavy Rain), went multiplatform (FF13), were pretty much terrible (Heavenly Sword, Lair), or were mediocre (Folklore, Killzone 2, MGS4). That leaves Uncharted, Tools of Destruction, Infamous, Warhawk, and LBP as good games.

Keep in mind, this post was made in 2007 -- 2007! And five of the games STILL aren't out yet! For someone who may have spent $600 on a PS3 in 2007 on the promise of these games, this is absolutely unacceptable.

As a general retrospective from someone who just recently became a PS3 owner, I have to say, I would have felt absolutely ripped off and irate at Sony if I were an early adopted. I'd have felt raped, to be honest.

Gone are the golden days of the PlayStation -- the PS1 and PS2. Such great systems...

Keep in mind, this post was made in 2007 -- 2007! And five of the games STILL aren't out yet! For someone who may have spent $600 on a PS3 in 2007 on the promise of these games, this is absolutely unacceptable.

As a general retrospective from someone who just recently became a PS3 owner, I have to say, I would have felt absolutely ripped off and irate at Sony if I were an early adopted. I'd have felt raped, to be honest.

I'm not entirely sure how I should feel ripped off, I essentially got a media center PC with a blu-ray player that will always meet the standard, pretty much the best up-scaling DVD player on the market and a single device that plays all my PS2 and PS3 games. Granted, I only paid $400 due to a sweet deal I stumbled into, but considering how much I use it to play movies on physical discs and videos stored on my PC, it has been well worth the money. Even if I only used the thing to play PS2/3 games I would be more then happy with my purchase.

I'm not entirely sure how I should feel ripped off, I essentially got a media center PC with a blu-ray player that will always meet the standard, pretty much the best up-scaling DVD player on the market and a single device that plays all my PS2 and PS3 games. Granted, I only paid $400 due to a sweet deal I stumbled into, but considering how much I use it to play movies on physical discs and videos stored on my PC, it has been well worth the money. Even if I only used the thing to play PS2/3 games I would be more then happy with my purchase.

Even now, bluray doesn't appeal to me, and I don't NEED a media PC. I need a gaming machine, and the PS3 failed miserably at that for the first two and a half years.