Sony PS3

Bigfoot

You know, as laughable as that Tokyo Drift movie is, one line does come to mind over this. I don't know if I have the quote exact, but it goes something like this.

"For want of a nail, a horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, a horse was lost. For want of a horse, a message was undelivered. For want of a message, a war was lost."

It isn't the big, bad, expensive Cell processor that may well spell the death of Sony as a company, but rather a cheap, $3-5 blue laser diode. Go fig. :P

I think in the end the "victor" will be a result of the quality of games. Not just Grafix, or Production values, aviabality or gameplay but a balance of all.

Which is most likely why the ps2 was awsome. GCN was fun but the games were few and far between. This gen It appears that Sony & and Microsoft, are becoming so bent on outdoing each other. This will be their down fall.

However it looks like Nintendo is only making their games fun. but there still attractive, no doubt there is going to be plenty of wii for all, and of course gameplay is obvious.

But their fight will be thier downfall.

I think in the end the "victor" will be a result of the quality of games. Not just Grafix, or Production values, aviabality or gameplay but a balance of all.

Which is most likely why the ps2 was awsome. GCN was fun but the games were few and far between. This gen It appears that Sony & and Microsoft, are becoming so bent on outdoing each other. This will be their down fall.

However it looks like Nintendo is only making their games fun. but there still attractive, no doubt there is going to be plenty of wii for all, and of course gameplay is obvious.

Doesn't competition produce better quality?

I really don't see how your arguement goes

True now theirs 2 different audiences

The Wii market and the Microny market

But I really don't see how to companies fighting can cause each other to short circuit and die

But I really don't see how to companies fighting can cause each other to short circuit and die

MS and Sony were both going after the same, identical markets. A market which wasn't big enough for both players. So, in the end, one would have to die. In this case, it was Sony blowing their nuts off with a nuke that's doing it.

MS and Sony were both going after the same, identical markets. A market which wasn't big enough for both players. So, in the end, one would have to die. In this case, it was Sony blowing their nuts off with a nuke that's doing it.

Yeha what I was getting at. I did not mean to say competition was bad, just not the most important thing of the business.

Not true at all. Two competitors can exist long-term in the same market - in fact, common economic theory demands it. Even in an oligopoly (competition between a few large companies with much marketshare) like this one, there will be competition. Any market in which long-term profit is being seen will inevitably bring in competition.

Also, the market is plenty big for two competitors. The only problem is that Microsoft and Sony are trying their hardest to become monopolists and are relying heavily on brand loyalty and product differentiation instead of cost-minimizing like one might see in a standard competitive market.

Lemme put it this way: Parents with the money will be able to choose between putting a PS3 under the tree for their kid, or an X360, a Wii, and every last game for both systems, if they don't buy them retail, or first round of eBay.

I expect to see people buy PS3 systems, put them for sale on eBay, then have the same system go back up on eBay at least one more time, after it's been sold and delivered.

That, or half of the consoles will be featured in various episodes of Pimp My Ride, doubling the price of the car, no matter how excessively overpriced the vehicle may be.

Lemme put it this way: Parents with the money will be able to choose between putting a PS3 under the tree for their kid, or an X360, a Wii, and every last game for both systems, if they don't buy them retail, or first round of eBay.

I expect to see people buy PS3 systems, put them for sale on eBay, then have the same system go back up on eBay at least one more time, after it's been sold and delivered.

That, or half of the consoles will be featured in various episodes of Pimp My Ride, doubling the price of the car, no matter how excessively overpriced the vehicle may be.

I may actually buy 2 PS3 and sell one.

Good luck with that.

The day that the PS3 comes out it's going to be hard enough to find and buy one.

Good luck with that.

The day that the PS3 comes out it's going to be hard enough to find and buy one.

That would be the only way I would buy one. Its expected that they'll sell for about 2k since they're going to be really short stocked. (A local video game chain is only getting 2.) Make 1400 profit, use that towards a PS3 and some games. But like I said, theres going to be a LOT of people wanting one, so its going to be real hard. I'm going to try and camp a no-name walmart somewhere.

Good luck with that.

Meh, I have my ways...

Plus if you are in a very far off place, like a small town that strangely enough has big store chains due to summer people, it may be easier than you think.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to get a system. I know it will be hell here in Japan. It's STILL hard to find a DS Lite here. I've only seen one for the retail price at a store and I didn't have enough cash in my pocket at the time to buy it. PSP was the same deal. Took me forever to find one and I had to buy it used at full price. It's going to be crazy trying to get a Japanese PS3. Might just wait a while until I don't have to camp out to find it. $600 isn't that much money to me, but I hate having to hunt day and night for a system. I'm betting Sony will try to rely on the hype machine like with the PS2 and PSP to drive sales, but if people are already on the fence about the PS3 the lack of units might just drive them away for good. The 360 is looking like a better and better investment. I plan on getting both anyway, so I'll be happy with a 360 for a year or so until I can just walk into a store and buy a PS3 at a possibly reduced price. The Wii... meh.