Sony PS3

Bigfoot

We're going to need to keep a watchful eye out for quality 3rd-party controllers. The Sixaxis is sounding more and more like a complete travesty. No rumble. Cramp-inducing design. Bad shoulder buttons. And now apparently the controllers rechargable batteries are not replacable (once they wear out, the controller is worthless).

I almost always prefer 1st party controllers, but this thing just sounds like garbage.

Great news guys. PS3s are being bundled with "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby". ..ok that's sarcasm.

The controler is $50 and the batteries cannot be replaced. So Sony is offering to replace your controller for free whenever it dies.

PS2 memory card adapter is $15.

And the Blu-Ray remote is $25

Great news guys. PS3s are being bundled with "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby". ..ok that's sarcasm.

The controler is $50 and the batteries cannot be replaced. So Sony is offering to replace your controller for free whenever it dies.

So thats cool that instead of replacing batterise you just get a free controller... By the end of my Ps3 days I am going to have about 500 ps3 controllers laying around....

If as many people buy the PS3 as they did with the PS2, this'll lead to hellish levels of confusion at costumer services.

So thats cool that instead of replacing batterise you just get a free controller... By the end of my Ps3 days I am going to have about 500 ps3 controllers laying around....

doubtful, you'll probably have to send in the dead controller to get it replaced, but I don't think the controller's rechargeable battery will die that fast - good batteries these days have little to no memory deterioriation. Still, I'll be looking out for some good 3rd party controllers to replace that ugly design which has plaqued Sony's system like some sort of nasy recurring venereal disease.

You would hope so... it IS Penny Arcade.

I'm interested to see how such decisions hurt Sony, if at all. They have got the market eating out of their hand.

That's exactly what's hurting them right now. They act like they don't have to do anything to have people buy their system in droves, and it's downright insulting to a lot of gamers. We aren't mindless robots, we're rational consumers. If they keep acting like pompous jerks, they might(gasp!) lose significant market share to their competitors, who are both trying their best to gain/keep market share.

Obviously, there are plenty of people who don't give a rat's arse about what Sony says, but they are making quite a few blunders with their actual console as well.

And of course, there are plenty of people who are going to buy it anyway, but Sony is really giving the finger to people who aren't their die hard fans or in the market for a "cheap" Blu Ray player. We aren't just ignored, but our intelligence is also insulted with the PR bullshit they are doing.

Hence, the constant whining. :P

I guess I'm glad I'm not a big movie person then. $30 a movie...ouch.

Yeha its alot but If you and you and 3 of your friends went to see it in theaters thats $32 before gas, food and other junk at the theaters. Plus you get to keep the movie forever. But it still is outrageous.

I usually only watch movies once though :P So after I watch it, on the shelf it goes.

I guess I'm glad I'm not a big movie person then. $30 a movie...ouch.

Yeha its alot but If you and you and 3 of your friends went to see it in theaters thats $32 before gas, food and other junk at the theaters. Plus you get to keep the movie forever. But it still is outrageous.

I usually only watch movies once though :P So after I watch it, on the shelf it goes.

have you ever thought of netflix, or a something like it. My friends watch a ton of movies, and they say its one of the greatest things as far as movies go.

EDIT: i guess netflix is $15 a month or somthing around there, so that alone is half the price of a blu-ray movie.

Anyone remember back in the 90s, when Nintendo was like all "we're the industry standard lol!" and told companies that they were going to use cartridges because they were all "we decide how things are done!" and stuff? You remember that? Yeah? All that arrogance and jackassery? What happened to Nintendo? That's right, they went from first to pretty much last. Sony came in and took their spot and held it for the last couple of generations.

Now, we see Sony doing the exact same thing, but somehow they manage to do even worse. The high price, the completely batshit insane things their people are saying, their E3 presentation... I can't understand how Sony can not realise what's going to happen.

Now, we see Sony doing the exact same thing, but somehow they manage to do even worse. The high price, the completely batshit insane things their people are saying, their E3 presentation... I can't understand how Sony can not realise what's going to happen.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, other than the price. And I would definitely not be surprised to see price cuts in the States similar to the ones in Japan. Other than the cost, does you're average consumer watch live E3 coverage, or even know what the hell E3 is in the first place? Do the read gaming blogs and keep track of every thing that comes out of some Sony exec's mouth? Do they care? The only people who are concerned about this kind of thing are hardcore gamers, and those kind of people are either so anti-Sony that they'd refuse to buy it simply out of spite or so into games that dropping $500 or so on a launch console isn't going to crush them too badly.

What, exactly, has ACTUALLY been bad about the PS3 so far aside from the assumption of a high retail price?

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is, other than the price. And I would definitely not be surprised to see price cuts in the States similar to the ones in Japan. Other than the cost, does you're average consumer watch live E3 coverage, or even know what the hell E3 is in the first place? Do the read gaming blogs and keep track of every thing that comes out of some Sony exec's mouth? Do they care? The only people who are concerned about this kind of thing are hardcore gamers, and those kind of people are either so anti-Sony that they'd refuse to buy it simply out of spite or so into games that dropping $500 or so on a launch console isn't going to crush them too badly.

What, exactly, has ACTUALLY been bad about the PS3 so far aside from the assumption of a high retail price?

Well, that's just it, the casual gamers who wouldn't care about the hype do care about the price. Part of the appeal of the PS2 was its cheapness.

I do wonder when Sony is going to be able to make enough consoles though - I don't think we'll see a price drop until over an year after launch.