Sony PS3

Bigfoot

I have to see Evilhead's comment on this. I really do.

Since when have I become the representative of Sony?

Nobody said you were a represenative. You just bawl everytime your precious company gets bad press. In other words, it's expected of you.

Site one time when I did? Please.

Mostly I make comments in the Wii thread and troll you morons like no tomorrow. I seriously don't give a fuck about Sony aside from the fact that I like Playstation games.

I couldn't care less what the company does. Kill off small businesses? Do I give a shit? No. All I care about is the games. Everything else is just politics, and extremely stupid politics at that. If you are going to get up in arms about something, there are many more pressing matters in the world today. Video games are not that important.

Damn right. QFE.

Nobody said you were a represenative. You just bawl everytime your precious company gets bad press. In other words, it's expected of you.

Mostly I make comments in the Wii thread and troll you morons like no tomorrow. I seriously don't give a fuck about Sony aside from the fact that I like Playstation games.

I don't deny you think you're trolling, but you're not. You're trying to make something of yourself on a message board by making over-the-top idiotic statements and in the end, nobody cares. No one. Have fun yelling at your monitor while Sony gets more bad press, crybaby.

I couldn't care less what the company does. Kill off small businesses? Do I give a shit? No. All I care about is the games. Everything else is just politics, and extremely stupid politics at that. If you are going to get up in arms about something, there are many more pressing matters in the world today. Video games are not that important.

Damn right. QFE.

I'd have some sort of awesome reply but I have no idea what the economic situation is in Hong Kong, nor how many people Lik-Sang employed.

It just occurred to me that shutting down a small company has the negative effect of discouraging other small companies. Also, that whole thing with the losing jobs and stuff.

Damn right. QFE.

I'd have some sort of awesome reply but I have no idea what the economic situation is in Hong Kong, nor how many people Lik-Sang employed.

It just occurred to me that shutting down a small company has the negative effect of discouraging other small companies. Also, that whole thing with the losing jobs and stuff.

Hong Kong's economy is in a mild slump, but not horrible, lik-sang wasnt huge, nor it have a ton of employees, justsad that sony would do that. then again they probly figure the press would just be bad in Hong Kong, where their products are very unpopular due to the fact they are so expensive.

Don't be so hard on Evilhead now. I was in the same position defending Nintendo for the last 5+ years. Still, I find it interesting how the tables have turned. The constant bad press from Sony has alienated a massive majority of people on the boards.

Next month will be interesting.

The thing with polls and expectations are sorta like how political polls and election day is. Just because the expectations are there doesn't mean it is followed through exactly the same. It doesn't help with a lot of Internet fanbuzz since that doesn't necessarily translate into real-world numbers (Snakes on a Plane anyone?).

And PS3 seems to interest the silent majority of gamers which is typically the casual/hardcore types who just want the games and don't typically care about the gaming politics whatsoever.

I don't deny you think you're trolling, but you're not. You're trying to make something of yourself on a message board by making over-the-top idiotic statements and in the end, nobody cares. No one. Have fun yelling at your monitor while Sony gets more bad press, crybaby.

Who's yelling? Who's crying? Who's making idiotic statements? I said I thought it was a bad move on Sony's part but in the end I couldn't give two shits about Lik-Sang. They played in a legal grey area and got what they asked for. Too bad for them.

Oh that's right, you consider saying, "I don't think the Wii is the greatest thing since oxygen" is me crying and screaming and being an idiot.

Since alot of Nintendo Zealots patrol around here, I got a question..

Is the Wii gonna be compatible with any of the nintendo's handhelds or upcoming ones? I was thinking of buying a wii to go with my PS3, but I havn't heard much on Nintendo's upcoming handheld market besides these miniature gameboy's and ds's.

Oh that's right, you consider saying, "I don't think the Wii is the greatest thing since oxygen" is me crying and screaming and being an idiot.
But you are an idiot. Your very acceptance of the way Sony acts proves it. If any other company acted this way to you, would you still support them, fan-wise and money-wise? If not, than you're a hypocrite; if so, than you're a goddamn sheep of a human being for toadying along with them.

Hop-hop, little frog.

Is the Wii gonna be compatible with any of the nintendo's handhelds or upcoming ones? I was thinking of buying a wii to go with my PS3, but I havn't heard much on Nintendo's upcoming handheld market besides these miniature gameboy's and ds's.

Yes. The DS is used as another controller. They showed the ne Pokemon Battle Revolution game a while ago, and it used the DS playing the new DS pokemon games, just like the N64 and GC versions.

I don't see what's the big difference between someone who talks positively about Wii to a fault and someone doing the same with other consoles. And this is a PS3 thread no less. What do you expect? This is not about who is idiotic or not, or whether who's hypocritical or not.

And who didn't see Sony acting up whenever the issue of copyright infringement and other media format battles are concerned? This is nothing new.

Yeah, I confused this thread for the Lik-Sang thread. Please move your complaints there.

And stop flaming Evilhead, for chrissake! It makes you guys and other Nintendo fans look bad. He can ignore the politics if he wants. We all pick and choose the things we care and don't care about. It's not like he's saying "Oh, Sony eats babies, but I'm gonna buy their products anyways!"

To put it in perspective: Lots of chicken farms in America breed chickens(or was it turkeys?) that have breasts so large they are unhealthy. They are often kept in tiny cages(or so I hear) and pumped full of growth hormones.

Now, assuming this were all true, would you swear off chicken? Or say that these people were the sole supplier of McDonalds, would you not eat from there ever again? Most likely, you wouldn't. You just don't care about the poor chickens with gigantic breasts.

Obviously this is a generalization, but the point is that we can't care about everything at once, or we would never get anything done - so we allow a lot of things that other people would consider unthinkable(PETA people, for instance.. although that's a bad example).

So, stop flaming Evilhead. Please.

As for myself, this Lik-Sang thing is only a small part of a growing avalanche of stuff I don't like about Sony; however, most of that stuff is them screwing over consumers.

Yeah, I confused this thread for the Lik-Sang thread. Please move your complaints there.

And stop flaming Evilhead, for chrissake! It makes you guys and other Nintendo fans look bad. He can ignore the politics if he wants. We all pick and choose the things we care and don't care about. It's not like he's saying "Oh, Sony eats babies, but I'm gonna buy their products anyways!"

To put it in perspective: Lots of chicken farms in America breed chickens(or was it turkeys?) that have breasts so large they are unhealthy. They are often kept in tiny cages(or so I hear) and pumped full of growth hormones.

Now, assuming this were all true, would you swear off chicken? Or say that these people were the sole supplier of McDonalds, would you not eat from there ever again? Most likely, you wouldn't. You just don't care about the poor chickens with gigantic breasts.

Obviously this is a generalization, but the point is that we can't care about everything at once, or we would never get anything done - so we allow a lot of things that other people would consider unthinkable(PETA people, for instance.. although that's a bad example).

So, stop flaming Evilhead. Please.

As for myself, this Lik-Sang thing is only a small part of a growing avalanche of stuff I don't like about Sony; however, most of that stuff is them screwing over consumers.

<3

Spread the love.

But you are an idiot. Your very acceptance of the way Sony acts proves it. If any other company acted this way to you, would you still support them, fan-wise and money-wise? If not, than you're a hypocrite; if so, than you're a goddamn sheep of a human being for toadying along with them.

Acted what way? Protecting their copyrights? As it was mentioned before, Nintendo and Microsoft also went after Lik-Sang. Won without having to actually fight, but would they have won in court? Probably. Lik-Sang was in the wrong, and if Sony stepping up to bat and crushing them pisses you off then that's your own problem.

I boycott companies for human rights violations. Not for protecting it's copyrights.

Lik-Sang was in the wrong

No, I addressed this in the pertinent thread though. Sony did essentially one of the lowest blows possible in the business world - corporate blackmail. The previous efforts by Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are of a different issue, and even then it is still legitimate (selling modchips). But again, this should be in the proper thread, not here.

All this boycotting Sony and 'never buying their stuff again' doesn't hurt them. It only hurts the person doing it.

Sony literally has the whole company on the line with the PS3 - boycotting them can have a tremendous effect on their future.

You guys are making too big of a deal over this. Sony's actions are just another small blow of bad publicity (although it can be felt more significantly on these boards) that the company doesn't need. There's nothing more to it. No games are delayed, and console numbers aren't shrinking. Can we move on please?

You guys are making too big of a deal over this. Sony's actions are just another small blow of bad publicity (although it can be felt more significantly on these boards) that the company doesn't need. There's nothing more to it. No games are delayed, and console numbers aren't shrinking. Can we move on please?

Seconded.

Seconded.

Traitors to the cause, both of you! Off with their heads!

Come on, we haven't had this much discussion about the PS3 or Sony in a long time. Worst case, this whole thread falls back to the second page in a week and we forget about it. And then when Sony does yet another stupid thing (and they will, just look back at the last six months) we can use the whole Lik-Sang thing as ammo in the next fight. Which wil, once again, generate some actual discussion on the thing. After all, we have our second Wii thread on its 180th page, so why not do the same for the PS3?