Sony PS3

Bigfoot

So what if whatever company has bad management/marketing/shit ? In the end, all that matters is the games.

I sure hope you don't go into business.

I was talking from a consumer's perspective. I don't care who innovates more than whom (and who copies whom), or who has bigger balls than whom, or who makes the best ads, or who cares the most about children, I just want to play good games.

I'm well aware that marketing has a huge impact on sales, I'm just saying that for us, who are relatively well informed about the industry, it shouldn't.

I don't really care if people from Sony say : "We want this system to be expensive and we want to fuck our customers up the ass" whereas people from Nintendo say : "We want a revolution in the gaming world and we care about the gamers, especially the hard core, since we work hard to make the best games for them so that they can have a thoroughly enjoyable experience".

A company exists to make profits, and it's all just a bunch of guys working on projects. There are just different ways to pass it on the public. They don't wanna be friends with us, they want us to buy their games.

In the end, all that matters to us are the game themselves, not what the company that makes the console looks like.

So what if whatever company has bad management/marketing/shit ? In the end, all that matters is the games.

I was talking from a consumer's perspective. I don't care who innovates more than whom (and who copies whom), or who has bigger balls than whom, or who makes the best ads, or who cares the most about children, I just want to play good games.

I'm well aware that marketing has a huge impact on sales, I'm just saying that for us, who are relatively well informed about the industry, it shouldn't.

I don't really care if people from Sony say : "We want this system to be expensive and we want to fuck our customers up the ass" whereas people from Nintendo say : "We want a revolution in the gaming world and we care about the gamers, especially the hard core, since we work hard to make the best games for them so that they can have a thoroughly enjoyable experience".

A company exists to make profits, and it's all just a bunch of guys working on projects. There are just different ways to pass it on the public. They don't wanna be friends with us, they want us to buy their games.

In the end, all that matters to us are the game themselves, not what the company that makes the console looks like.

Agreed 100%. I'm so sick of people politiziing gaming. No company, so far, has played any dirtier than the other, and if they did, who cares? That how a business works. They are all out for profit in the end. All I care about is how the games are. If Sony DID start using slave labor or whatever, I MIGHT start to reconsider my purchase, but that's not the case. They just have a hardline business strategy that seems to be working.

Agreed 100%. I'm so sick of people politiziing gaming. No company, so far, has played any dirtier than the other, and if they did, who cares? That how a business works. They are all out for profit in the end. All I care about is how the games are. If Sony DID start using slave labor or whatever, I MIGHT start to reconsider my purchase, but that's not the case. They just have a hardline business strategy that seems to be working.

Not really.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/10/26/ap3121430.html

Not really.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/10/26/ap3121430.html

Amazing, I have never seen something like this, sony loosing 94%? Truly a dark day for them.

So I'm guessing you don,t mind if a company pays pennies to kids in the third world as long as you save a few bucks at the end...

No you're wrong.

This is completely another issue, unrelated to the message I was trying to convey; i.e. using slave labor is hardly a marketing strategy.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft didn't get so big without getting their hands dirty.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft didn't get so big without getting their hands dirty.

Oh I love that statement there.

Because after all, you can't make money honestly.

But, that's off topic.

As for the revenues thing.. uh..

Duh?

They were spending a bucketload producing the PS3 and in that quarter they saw zero revenue. Of course their profits are gonna take a big hit. It's not really relevant to the discussion.

Your claim about being for the consumers falls apart simply since Sony went after a company offering a useful service for consumers. Their action was anti-consumer, there is no arguing that point. An analogous situation is the RIAA going after P2P services for not conforming to their way - it is 100% anti-consumer. I have zero tolerance for any company/organization that goes out of their way to stifle consumer offerings with lies & abuse of the civil system. If Sony does not want problems with limited supplies of consoles going overseas, they should exercise other fine methods such as tighter control over the suppliers.

Anyone who is interested in entrepreneurship or interested in keeping companies as honest as possible should be able to understand this simple concept. Otherwise, you assent that they should be allowed to fuck you up the ass.

But again, we are going off-topic - any more responses should be delegated to the Lik-sang thread.

Who the hell is coming up for the advertising for Sony nowadays? Their PS3 ads are worse than their ads for the PSP.

And that's saying something!

Stupid squirrels trying to be 'gangsta'. Or whatever they were doing. I never unmuted those commercials, so I suppose I shouldn't try to guess what they were saying.

Jesus fucking christ, that was stupid. I mean, that was the most meaningless, empty, pointless thing I have ever seen for a commercial. That one actually makes the other ones look decent.

I think that's the point: make the ohter ones look good by comparison. Lower peoples expectations enough and a good solid failure will seem like gold to them.

Oh, you didn't miss much. Those commerials were borderline racist. Racial stereotyping FTW!

Let's not forget that racist billboard advertising the white PSP. :lol:

portablewhiteto1.jpg

Is that real?

Yep and sure enough, a lot of people in the U. S. complained about them.

Which is odd, because the ads were run in the Netherlands, not the US.

I give Sony credit for using that and not being scared.
So, racial-inappropiate content is fine as long as it's ballsy? Gotcha.