So I was playing Mario Maker...

brotha berry

and had so much fun with it with all the level creation and finally bringing out the mario we have come to grow up with and love all over again but then as i was playing mega man i was wondering hmmm what if they did a mega man maker? create your own stages, bosses and stage enemies what do you think guys would mega man maker be a dream come true?

Apparently Mega Man Powered Up! for the PSP had a level creator.  It wasn't well publicized, though.  Mega Man Universe was going to be almost exactly this, but was cancelled.

I personally think that at Mega Man Maker wouldn't be as compelling as Mario Maker.  The stages in Mega Man games are characterized more by their themes and gimmicks than by their actual design.  The gimmicks are almost all just different ways of killing Mega Man, very few of them as interesting as P-switches, note blocks, etc. Enemies only have movement patterns and occasionally weapon immunities, and not the wide range of interactions that Mario enemies do.  Bosses are single-room affairs, with very few having anything in them at all.  There would be some fun in getting access to all the Mega Man weapons in levels from games they weren't originally in, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah Mega Man Powered Up! had a custom stage creator. It was fun, and you could play as any of the first game's bosses (plus Time Man and Oil Man, who were added to Powered Up! to make it 8 bosses). Of course you had to beat them with buster-only to unlock them as playable. And the level packs were found in various hard-to-reach places in the game's stage, often requiring you to play as a boss character for their enhanced usage of their abilities. It was quite fun. And apparently the server is still up (last I heard) where you share your stages.

if you had ever seen one of the un released mega man stages there was the laser man stage and i could totally see someone being a dick by doing a level design with all of those lazers to make the stage hard and other combinations of enemies i was thinking in the sense that some stages that people make in the mario one that are very hard would give mega man fans a better challenge than what is pre programed in the game itself

• DarkeSword changed the title to So I was playing Mario Maker...
On 24.12.2015 at 8:35 PM, brotha berry said:

man wish they had finished it i bet it would have been so much fun now a days its better to let the online gamers customize their favorite games..pretty much the future as far as those games go even better would be a side scroll shotter maker

At that point you might as well just learn to make a real game. :razz: