GrayLightning steps down from the judges panel

Liontamer

Gray was the major reason I was placed onto the panel. During the weeks before the first test batch was ready, he'd chat with me every day and get to know me. Even after Shna was selected to the panel, he still chatted with me often until eventually the place re-opened and he put in the good word for me.

He was a great friend, I instigated a couple of arguments with him, but he was always very calm and polite, never flying off the handle. Even though I didn't agree with his P.O.V. some of the time, he made it very difficult not to respect his position.

I'll miss the games we played online, the chats we had and I'll just generally miss the guy. If ever there was a person who deserved to have the very best opportunities in life, it's Gray. And I wish him the very best.

In December 2003, Gray responded to a wip thread I made where I instructed judges to "AIM ME PLZ" with comments. Over the next two and a half years, Gray became a mentor to me, molding me from a noobish FL beginner to what I am today (take that as you will).

From that day up until the last day he popped online (mid July) we talked without fail almost every day. He was always willing to give critique and listen to my constant slew of wips and in exchange, I got to hear a lot of his works in progress before anyone else did (I still have a rough wip of Sacratus Bellator that's drastically different from the final version). Along with that, he was always up for a game of chess, literati, poker, or whatever. I also got him addicted to anime and opened his mind to rap music.

It's a damn shame and I'll miss him tons. He's probably the first person I ever really TALKED to on OCR and - if I may make a lame cheesy middle school comment - probably was my best friend on this site.

:(

Internet death rite?

To be honest, none of us are completely sure that he still actually exists.

I'm pretty sure he's just a sentient being who's grown out of the massive information exchange of the internet, similar to, but not exactly like, Jane, from the Speaker of the Dead trilogy.

Or I could be wrong.

We discussed this at Jill's house that one day. It was pretty funny (and freakishly possible)

I'm pretty sure he's just a sentient being who's grown out of the massive information exchange of the internet, similar to, but not exactly like, Jane, from the Speaker of the Dead trilogy.

Or I could be wrong.

We discussed this at Jill's house that one day. It was pretty funny (and freakishly possible)

I doubt you made the Speaker allusion.

Or you're all a bit more well read than I previously believed.

<3 Gray. He and SgtRama were the only ones in #ocremix whom I remember being friendly and encouraging to me, back when I was a pitiful n00b trying to remix Super Mario Sunshine.

The more I've gotten to know Gray, the more I realized what a great guy he is. Hopefully he isn't leaving OCR in its entirety purposely, but rather just doesn't have time to dedicate to judging.

Or I could be wrong.

*Thread Commandeered*

Hey Darke! You notice anything strAaAaAaAange about the name of the characters on my new website?

:3

*Thread Relinquished*

Or I could be wrong.

*Thread Commandeered*

Hey Darke! You notice anything strAaAaAaAange about the name of the characters on my new website?

*Thread Relinquished*

Jawesome.

Or I could be wrong.

*Thread Commandeered*

*Thread Relinquished*

I think Gray has turned into a Lain style figure... Everywhere and nowhere, always watching...

No, he's leaving OCR in it's entirety. As anyone who talked to him regularly can attest, he disappeared without a word to anyone. Haven't seen him for months on AIM - no posts at all in any forum, no PMs, nothing. I guess he really wanted to leave this part of the internet cold turkey.

I miss talking to Gary on AIM, he's always entertaining :(. He did say he was tired of OCR though, but I do hope he'll return someday.

No, he's leaving OCR in it's entirety. As anyone who talked to him regularly can attest, he disappeared without a word to anyone. Haven't seen him for months on AIM - no posts at all in any forum, no PMs, nothing. I guess he really wanted to leave this part of the internet cold turkey.

Really? I hope it's just that he left OCR, and not that something bad happenned to him or anything...

Gray popped on AIM in July to give people a "last notice". I assume he popped on more recently to confirm these details of his leaving but the last time I talked to him was then. :(

:(

Long live GrayLightning! He appeared from nowhere, and brought forth sweet mixage and brought peace to the community. Then, he dissappeared, never to be seen again, but for years to come, when remixers sit around campfires, they shall tell of the legend of GrayLightning....

<_<

>_>

Shut up, I'm underslept.