Shadowrun-esque city theme

NoSoup4you

So I'm primarily a metal musician who's looking to get into game music. Is there a clear "center" to that community? E.g. where's the best place to go for advice or feedback on original game music? Both compositionally and in a business sense. I'm pretty much just hacking it with no particular direction at the moment.

Concerns with this track:

Do you think it's ok if a game track doesn't loop on the end, but just starts over after a pause? Otherwise I need to shoehorn in a keychange back to E. It's a minor third up, not too hard, but I like the ending how it is.

Is the first half too empty? E.g. after the drums but before the bloops come in.

What are people using for electronic drum VSTs? This is Cakewalk TTS-1, not that great for drums at all. My experience is mostly with real drum emulation ala Superior Drummer, but this should sound synthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

A video game track needs to loop, yes. The player needs uninterrupted atmosphere, which has everything to do with continuity.  Having a sudden key change ain't no thing, so just have an interesting leading tone goin back to the A section, and you'll be fine.  Or don't and you may be fine anyway depending on what root you picked!

This sounds lovely so far!  It feels ominous and action-oriented.  Good job.