OCR03281 - Aquaria "Prayer for the Azure Waters"

Liontamer

A very intimate remix, which perfectly fits this season. The choice of instruments is great here -- love how you chose them and put them together. The mood is quite relaxing and chilly -- nice atmosphere (much needed when you wake up at 4:30 AM to work on some university stuff, ouch). Clean production as well. Congrats to Garpo for his mixpost! :) -- hope to see more from you soon. ;)

Time for my first post-Mixpost post!  

I've waited YEARS to say that!! :)

It's been a trip but OCR has been the primary driving force to improving my production skills. Been a fan of the site and community since 2005 and started actively remixing and assembling my studio in 2010.  Feels great to finally be over that bar.  

Hell yeah dude! Grats on your first mixpost. I'm sure it's been a long time comin'!

To speak just about the mix alone, I'm totally feelin' the Enya new-age vibe. That guitar is, I don't think I can use any other words than Chimp: It's sweet.
Very mellow, very smooth, good production. I'm feelin' some deep feels here. Great job dude. :)

Lookin' forward to the next. 

I think this kind of evokes a hometown-like feel (y'know, like the ones discussed in the "town themes" thread) due to the acoustic guitar, flute, and overall 'welcoming' vibe. I didn't find this repetitive at all, actually; just the right length. The production is only mildly problematic (a little midrange-heavy); not enough to really have much to complain about in this context. Congrats on the mixpost! Keep on improving!

Grats on the mixpost!

This mix has a super relaxing, chill feel to it that actually suits the holiday season really well, sorta giving a sense of magic and warmth. The ocean waves were a little out of place in context of the season, but they fit really well with the mix itself. The guitar enters in a bit heavily, but after that it fit well, except for a couple rough transitions. Overall, this track felt consistently fresh and made the 4 minutes feel a lot shorter than they actually were :)

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely makes me want to return to this great game. I remember playing it and going, 'wow, indie games are awesome'. What a sense of exploration and wonder Aquaria's music evoked. Great story too - really wish they'd come out with a sequel! This remix really captures and enhances on the feel of the original.

6 hours ago, WesternZypher said:

Definitely makes me want to return to this great game. I remember playing it and going, 'wow, indie games are awesome'. What a sense of exploration and wonder Aquaria's music evoked. Great story too - really wish they'd come out with a sequel! This remix really captures and enhances on the feel of the original.

Yea i had the same experience with Aquaria.  I didn't think much of what was going on in the indie-dev scene until I played this game.  I haven't checked it out yet but I heard that there is some kind of fan continuation of the game over on the bit-blot forums. Still hoping for a legit sequel tho.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03281 - Aquaria "Prayer for the Azure Waters"
  • 2 months later...

This is gorgeous, Gar. The flute and airy chorus playing alongside the softly-strummed guitar while gliding over the ocean waves makes me really want to listen to this while drifting in a small boat at night with the Northern Lights overhead. Gentle, relaxing, and peaceful, this is Winter mysticism in music form and I think this is the perfect kind of ReMix to lay back and listen to in order to remove a lot of stress by listening and forgetting all else. Love it.