Guitar settings in FL Studio?

6 hours ago, timaeus222 said:

Or, if you want an even better demo, check out zircon's Ice Lock. It's got Serum bass written all over it (and wherever Massive was used, Serum could do it as well).

There's the recorded livestream of him playing with it too, Zircon is godlike at EDM production in general so his streams and tutorials are worth watching if this stuff interests you. And Seamless has been mentioned a few times in here, pretty much the go to resource for "how to dubstep in frooty loops"

That said I don't think dropping $189 on a synthesizer OP will barely use before giving it up is wise. As a noob you might as well just use Sytrus(bundled with FL producer) until you've confirmed that you'll be doing this for a long time. The filters sound like the early 2000s software that they are but it's still a very capable FM/RM synth that can do a lot of nasty modern EDM basses or most synthesizer sounds in general. Using what you have for a few years and then looking into the cutting edge stuff like Serum or Harmor would be the way to go IMO, you'll need more knowledge and experience to really leverage the power of higher end tools anyway

There's a song called X-Rated, by Excision. It uses the X sound a lot in its lyrics. More importantly, it does something with the bass. When I play it, it's like the whole room fills with that sound. How do I get my music to sound so loud, deep, and wide?

(Proof of my awesomeness: On my own, I figured out how to get the piano sound used in Persona 4, and a softer concert piano-ish sound, on FL Studio. Also, cool-sounding currently-unnamed songs.)

3 hours ago, Winning900 said:

There's a song called X-Rated, by Excision. It uses the X sound a lot in its lyrics. More importantly, it does something with the bass. When I play it, it's like the whole room fills with that sound. How do I get my music to sound so loud, deep, and wide?

(Proof of my awesomeness: On my own, I figured out how to get the piano sound used in Persona 4, and a softer concert piano-ish sound, on FL Studio. Also, cool-sounding currently-unnamed songs.)

No idea what you mean by "something". If you mean the low wobble, turn the width knob all the way up. If you don't have one of those, try adding a Delay to the bass with a very low Delay Time (such as 0:06 on Fruity Delay 2) and a Ping Pong feedback mode. That would have the bass bounce far left and far right quickly. If it's quick enough, it's perceived not as echoes, but one wide sound (generally, separation of left and right starts getting perceived at greater than 15 ms of Delay Time). It adds a touch of phasing in a somewhat bad way, but it's not that prominent.

https://app.box.com/s/ofwwndutyt4ikjzsggun7rhbpzpee1ro

Can you tell which one is more natural in producing width? One of these is when using a width knob in a synth, and the other is using the Delay trick. (These are separate keypresses so their phases are different, but that's not the point.)

Oh, and your "awesomeness"? Can we not brag about ourselves without proof of recording? :<

Sorry, I wanted to convince yall that I'm serious about becoming a good musician, and I'm not just going to derp around, fart out the occasional mediocre simple track, pander to a dumb fandom with spectacularly low standards, and switch fandoms the second funds start getting low. I'm not doing that. I'll be an awesome musician.

My rich friend bought East West for me. He heard I was writing music, so he just dropped the money on it and got it, treating it like it was just some friendly casual surprise. Some day, I want to have that kind of money. Also, he's a good guy. Now that I have East West Symphonic Orchestra, how do I use it?

For lower octaves, Shreedage Classic is pretty close and comes with a great amp plugin to boot. If you can throw down some money, Real Strat's probably better if only because higher octaves. Guitars are really hard to emulate with virtual instruments. For amps, Shreedage classic comes with Revalver HpSe(I don't know if IBZ or 2 come with it) and Guitar Rig/Player. If you want to write orchestral music and rock music, I would do orchestral commissions to earn some money and buy the libraries I just mentioned. But I'm not experienced in the field so take what I say with multiple grains of salt.

Shreedage example:

Real Strat example

4 hours ago, Winning900 said:

Now that I have East West Symphonic Orchestra, how do I use it?

Start listening to orchestral songs, and recordings so that you can see the instruments being played. If you get the opportunity to attend an orchestral concert, do so. If you're still in school, join the band or orchestra. Once you're familiar with how orchestras work, you can use EWQLSO to "paint" orchestral sounds on a "canvas," (your DAW.) EWQLSO is basically just recorded orchestral sounds.

You know how to select ewi files using the browser in Play, right?

On 23/03/2016 at 7:40 PM, Slimy said:

Start listening to orchestral songs, and recordings so that you can see the instruments being played. If you get the opportunity to attend an orchestral concert, do so. If you're still in school, join the band or orchestra. Once you're familiar with how orchestras work, you can use EWQLSO to "paint" orchestral sounds on a "canvas," (your DAW.) EWQLSO is basically just recorded orchestral sounds.

You know how to select ewi files using the browser in Play, right?

This might make me sound stupid, but no. 

Can you please put in the effort to think critically and practice as a musician by yourself? This is a help forum, it's not "Twitch Plays Remixer", where we tell you every single thing about what buttons to press in your DAW to try and get you to make music. This thread is now 5 pages long of you asking a string of random questions.

On 3/23/2016 at 11:01 AM, Winning900 said:

My rich friend bought East West for me. 

That's some friend.  

On 3/23/2016 at 11:01 AM, Winning900 said:

Now that I have East West Symphonic Orchestra, how do I use it?

What version do you have?  Silver gold or platinum?  If you are looking to use the library in other non-orchestral genres you really need Platinum so you can control the amount of reverb on each patch.  ...but that's getting waaaaaaaaaay ahead here.  Whatever you do, don't import a static midi think you can let the samples do the rest.  You are going to spend hours detailing midi clips to get as much realism as you can out of it.  For starters if you don't understand the accenting differences in a down-down-up bow pattern vs a down-up-down bow pattern you are going to produce less than stellar results.  

What makes EWQLSO great is it's ability to let you construct your own ensembles.  Compared to inflexible ensemble oriented collections like Symphobia, which take care of most of the work for you, it's going to take a lot of time to learn to use EWQLSO and you'll be better off for it but that's assuming you put in the time to learn everything there is to learn.   

All he's doing is resting his hand on the snare and hitting the rim (with the drumstick). It gives a woody impact, rather than a regular snare hit, but whatever the sound of the knuckle hitting the snare is, it doesn't matter since it's more subtle, and giving a hard hit on the hi hat layers on top and obscures the sound anyways. The result is more of a punchy splashy sound overall: the splash from the hi hat and a "punchy" layer containing ~200 Hz frequency content from the rim hit (rimshot).

Hey Winning. I need you to do something for me.

I need you to start making some music and posting those tracks in the "Post Your Remixes" forum. You're asking a ton of really general questions one after the other in this thread. What you need to do is actually start making music and posting those tracks in their own threads and start getting specific feedback about things you're trying to do.

A lot of your questions are also really general. "How do I make dubstep?" "How do I use East West?"

This thread was originally about Guitar Settings in FLStudio, but at this point you're just using it as a personal question dump.  Stop asking questions and start making tracks. Post your tracks and get feedback. Ask specific questions about specific things you're doing in the tracks that you're working on. This is the best way to learn how to produce music.