MMZXA Tunes - Trap Phantasm (T- Ape Remix)

T- Ape

UPDATE:

So I'm a liar, I did work on it again...
I tried to balance the instruments more, Gave it some variety in the second part, Did my best to improve the sound of the lead instruments and hope I kept the balance/dynamic/drive after the build-up (Most Trap phantasm/factory covers I hear screw that up..).

(Why the first video is so big is beyond me...)

As Always, T-Ape has a new costume, This time Prometheus his helmet...In Biometal form...I think...Whatever.

Enjoy!

[Version 1]

Here is my Remix of Trap Phantasm. Enjoy. It's finished, I won't be working on it more than I did already.

Feedback is always welcome, check the checklist in the top thread.

Note: This is my first remix that I made public and definitely not the last. The artwork is made by me, I will make a cosplay for Ape with every remix I make. Second one is almost done.

Well, it's a pretty conservative arrangement; it sticks very closely to the original, pretty much verbatim actually.

Also, phaser is easy to overdo, and I think the phaser is overdone on the lead; the saw lead at 0:29 lacks impact. The guitar is also pretty lifeless and noticeably... what, FL Slayer? Though you probably won't work on this more, I think you should work on the judicious usage of particular effects, and just bringing your own creativity into your arrangements. Try writing without using a MIDI, and imagine contributing to a more liberal arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Appreciate it a lot!

@DevilBeats I purposely made a lot of background sounds. I actually analysed the song entirely, by using various methods such as writing it down on sheet music, dynamic/flow analyses(a method I created for myself) and I actually also recorded it as original(to really know all the ins and outs of the song). Personally I like the full arrangement, but I can understand that it can be too much for others. So maybe i should try something else with it...I have a few Ideas... i'll see what i'll do and if I want to put more time in it..

@timeaus222 I'm also not that fond of the guitar, but i'm still practicing guitar, so I had to work with the midi. The lead was a tough one. I wanted something different than the usual guitar solo thingy, but I didn't want something soft, so I fiddled with audio effects. It's a little bit strange, bit you are definitely right about the lack of impact. That was something I haven't found out yet...

I'm working on a second version of Trap Phantasm now, with physical instruments. I'm going to stick with the original, since I wasn't planning on changing it. I'll save that for some other time. I'll let you know when it's finished. And if I may ask upfront, will you guys also give me some feedback on that one. Would appreciate it a lot! If I can do anything in return, no problem!

Popping in a bit late,
I'm glad it kept the drive of the original. Though, I do agree that overall it felt a bit muddy. But I think that could be fixed without needing to cut out too much. The arpeggio in the background, in particular, sounds like it's taking up a lot of mid-range real estate.  It might be better used to brighten up the high end.
Still, I'm looking forward to hearing the next arrangement!

On 30-12-2015 at 2:47 AM, Feyhd said:

Popping in a bit late,
I'm glad it kept the drive of the original. Though, I do agree that overall it felt a bit muddy. But I think that could be fixed without needing to cut out too much. The arpeggio in the background, in particular, sounds like it's taking up a lot of mid-range real estate.  It might be better used to brighten up the high end.
Still, I'm looking forward to hearing the next arrangement!

Damn! That works so good! Tried it out just now, I think I might actually tweek with this one more later on! Thanks man!

I actually like this more - the decreased effects usage actually helped clear up the low-midrange (phaser may add low-midrange frequency motion, which can get messy sometimes), so the soundscape is clearer. I think this is a great improvement from before, because there's less clutter, and more "you" in the arrangement. I like the new rhythmic variations in the drums and the revised structure. Also, 1:54 - 2:02 was a cool lead-in back to the 'chorus', and the pause right at 2:02 was well-executed. Nice work! :)