OCR01503 - Star Ocean: The Second Story "Into Your Kamikaze"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
For whatever reason' date=' I can't get the last 2 seconds of this mix. No matter which mirror I use I always end up with 7:17 instead of 7:19. It's kind of really annoying. WTF?[/quote']

There's some sort of issue where the database says 7:19 whereas the track itself is 7:17-long, likely having to do with the VBR encoding. The track clearly ends properly, so why would you complain about a missing 2 seconds that don't matter? :-P

There's some sort of issue where the database says 7:19 whereas the track itself is 7:17-long, likely having to do with the VBR encoding. The track clearly ends properly, so why would you complain about a missing 2 seconds that don't matter? :-P

Actually, there are 2 seconds of silence at the beginning of the song so the actual last 2 seconds are getting cut off. I've determined that it's some kind of problem with iTunes because it works just fine in other media players. Thanks anyway :P

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite PlayStation RPGs. I totally dig this ReMix. Has plenty of time to variate and develop. I wish I could have a higher bitrate version.. would do wonders on improving the sound quality. The instrumentation and arrangement both are very well executed.. awesome. :) i'd like to hear more SO2 ReMixes around here.

highly recommended!

It's definitely better quality than most Chrono Symphonic, but I don't like the source material at all. Even though there is mucho expansion from that, I know that every second that it is going to go back to that theme that I don't like. In my opinionz, if you want non-boring orchestral with a good tune, check out Russel Cox's EVO mix. Probably one of the only orchestral mixes I have on the site. I like Nigel Simmons's Castlevania 4 arrangement too, but not as much as the EVO one, on a personal level.

Back to this mix:

Very nice ending.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Samples are a bit weak, but GREAT sequencing and production on them. With some pro level samples, specifically the strings and bassoon, this would be a completely beastly track. As is, it's not slouching at all, and has a lot of exciting moments interspersed with some calmer ones, and good transitions between them.

There is plenty of good development as well, and though the track is long, it never feels drawn out for the sake of length.

Fans of orchestra will love this one; it's exciting, dramatic, and it's obvious a lot of care went into it. Nice work. :-)

• 2 months later...

It is my opinion that it would take a cruel and uniquely untalented bastard to manage making a Motoi Sakuraba score sound terrible. Thankfully, that special someone has yet to grace OCRemix.

Nice orchestral piece with a ton of variety. And the ending, ah the ending. Superb, well-paced climax to an equally superb and well-paced mix. *loves it*.

• 1 year later...

Holy mother of ******. I had just brought up my phone to text someone while reading the history behind this and your improvement. When at 00:55ish it smacked me in the face with my sub-woofer flaring. I jumped out of my seat at the suddenness of your change.

I am in love with the flares of the flute, and this "fake" orchestral business is a load of bullhonkey.

There is no such thing as "fake" when it comes to music. It's either Created and Produced Live for you, or it's Created and Produced perfectly via tools for you. Either way, no matter what anyone tells you about your work, you know, and everyone else does, that you make songs for your own tastes.

And you improve the way of doing such things from the feedback given by persons that share the same interests as you do. Thus, giving you more ways to satisfy your own dreams and imaginations. I applaud all artists whether "fake" or not, on any website, but in particular, this one.

Games stay close to your heart, whether you like to admit it or not.

And the same goes with music.

10.00/10.00

(I'm not qualified to judge your work, this is how much -i- Enjoyed this song.)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01503 - Star Ocean: The Second Story "Into Your Kamikaze"