Paths Less Travelled: Terranigma - History

Drawn by Dai

Yes that. I wasn't aware calling remixers out on public threads was proper etiquette, but maybe it is! I have no idea. So I've kept mostly to PM. But maybe I should make more updates on the thread to keep people interested or informed about the project because it IS progressing nicely.

Also,looking forward to the Illusion of Gaia one! I'd love to be either director or co-director for that one. :)

I've worked on a few album projects here, but friendly reminders about upcoming deadlines are pretty common. Personally I also like that better, because there's more (public) visibility about progress than what you'd get if it happens behind the scenes.

About that progress... I mostly happen to be waiting for recordings for both my Terranigma and my Skies of Arcadia track :P

I have an odd question. I was listening to Terranigma's first village theme ("Crysta") and thought it had a gorgeous melody that could be fun to work with. Is it possible for me to claim it as well or perhaps mix it with "Dr. Beruga"? Just curious because I feel like doing more work for the album but at the same time don't want to hog it.

Hm, I missed Crysta when I was auditing tracks. Indeed a lovely melody that would be interesting to tackle. But like Odai says, first finish the track you're working on :)

I do have some good news though, this morning my pal and frequent collaborator @Tuberz McGee sent me the missing guitar recordings for my track (pleasant surprise because I didn't expect it yet, it sounds awesome!). So the final version of my track should be coming along quite soon!

9 hours ago, Jorito said:

Hm, I missed Crysta when I was auditing tracks. Indeed a lovely melody that would be interesting to tackle. But like Odai says, first finish the track you're working on :)

I do have some good news though, this morning my pal and frequent collaborator @Tuberz McGee sent me the missing guitar recordings for my track (pleasant surprise because I didn't expect it yet, it sounds awesome!). So the final version of my track should be coming along quite soon!

Oooooh another bound-to-be-classic Jorito/Tuberz collab! Looking forward to hearing the finished product!

On 6/10/2016 at 6:46 AM, Jorito said:

I was supposed to be writing a thesis but the track was WAY TOO BALLER TO NOT RECORD AMIRITE?

On 6/12/2016 at 5:48 AM, Tuberz McGee said:

I was supposed to be writing a thesis

Screw the thesis!

On a serious note, glad to have you with us Tuberz.

On the Updates tip:

Not much to report this time around. Things are running smoothly, or at least appearing to be. I'm running around like a nutter balancing plates talking to remixers, but it seems that pretty much everyone involved has their stuff in hand so that's cool. It's almost a well oiled machine with the help of my glamorous assistant @Trism though admittedly it also could become a slapstick routine at any time... :D 

There's an update submission deadline  for some of you on July 1st. Those of whom it applies to, I already messaged a few days ago.

I've noticed interestingly that all but one of the unclaimed tracks are on DISC 1 - REST of the album. Not many ambience lovers it seems. Anybody lurking in the shadows tempted to cut their teeth on some serenity? maybe some cool jazz or trip-hop? 

Just a thought...

Hit me or Trism up if you have any problems, same goes if you want to claim a track.  Or you can post right here.

Take it easy peeps!

18 minutes ago, Nathan Allen Pinard said:

Can you correct my name on the list to be "Nathan Allen Pinard".

DONE. 

Whoops I Honestly have no idea how that happened. Turns out it was only that instance. You're down as Nathan in my notes and at the head of the thread, not to mention conversation. Must've been going on autopilot right there. Still, my bad. a 1000 apologies mate.

3 hours ago, Nathan Allen Pinard said:

Quick question since I'm new. Do you guys master everything, or do you want me to master my own track to a certain DR/RMS?

We have the ever-wonderful and super-talented @Chimpazilla assisting us in that regard. Once you're completely finished with your track we'll ask you to render it into WAV stems to be sent over for mastering :)

@Trism Hey! I know I've been quiet around here, but I'm really interested in the idea of joining in on another OC Remix album project! Last one I did was for FFIX: Worlds Apart (Memories of Dali). Other things that I've done can be checked out here, if sample material needed. :)

I am not very familiar with Terranigma, nor its music, but I'm really digging the vibe in the track "Magic Rocks", and it looks like it's unclaimed as of yet. May I give it a shot? :)

• Liontamer changed the title to Paths Less Travelled: Terranigma - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic