Dwelling of Duels Star Wars results, Collaboration Month announcement

Ivan Hakštok

I'm so stoked to have placed in the top 3 with two entries during a MAGFest DoD. Even though numerical placements are basically meaningless. I remember at the listening party a lot of people were drunk and there were technical issues with the speakers and everything. But regardless I'm happy that I was able to make some music that people enjoyed. Seeing CarboHydroM rocking the fuck out during my entry was so amazing to me as someone who looked up to him as a guitar player and a remixer for years. Also hearing Snappleman say that my entry was rad made me super happy because he is usually pretty harsh. He didn't say "2/6" :D

Also the fact that with my other entry, we won first place with a straightforward cover just makes me happy. Straight covers usually don't do well in DoD because people like hearing heavily arranged stuff. But I still love remixes and covers of all kinds. We just happened to pick a tune that was crazy enough by default. DoD and OCR are very different things, and I think that is good. There's no reason people should be talking about which one is more valuable. DoD is a lot of fun and it's a good excuse to force yourself to get some remixes out there on a regular basis.

I think I'm going to take my entry over to the workshop, spruce it up a bit and then submit it to the OCR panel at some point.

Oh also @zykO fucking killed it with that Sonic 2 entry. I was dying laughing when I first heard it. You can never go wrong with adding Shizz memes to your DoD entry haha. That song was like the official theme of MAGFest for me. I wish it never ended :(

There's been an oversight and a few votes weren't counted, it turned out to affect the final rankings. Here's the fixed list:

So, I hate when it happens, but there was a technical screw up in the vote tallying process, and I overlooked it. As a result, 10 votes were not accounted. So here're the actual results:

#1 Robby V, finbeard, Snappleman, Tina, Maiko, Monte, Sagnewshreds - Ninja Warriors - Daddy Mulk as performed by T-Shizz - good -0.36
#2 Russian Attack (Affection State, Boroda-kun, Claude D., Commander_Doyle, creepue, GamBit, GearX2, Harmsing, Inrudiment, Jean Sugui, Shipluss, SJ Van Damme, streifig, TwoJan, Zubareus) - Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos, Rush'n Attack, James Bond Jr., Jackal, Ninja Gaiden - Radio Dendy - good -0.42
#3 newip, BLOBER - Thunder Force 4 - Rynex - above average +0.4
#4 Sagnewshreds, Brian Westbrook, Mike Dreher, Tony Barhoum - Final Fantasy 6 - 6 Feet Beneath the Veldt - above average +0.32
#5 Harmsing, Sofia Taro - World of Warcraft - Forest Tavern - above average +0.29
#6 Ivan Hakštok, Wake, Sixto Sounds - Sonic 3D Blast - 3Fast5You - above average +0.2
#7 Brandon Strader, Cheryl Norfair - Xenoblade Chronicles - Beyond - above average +0.04
#8 Affection State, SJ Van Damme - Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom - A Heart that Wants to Save the World - above average +0.02
#9 LONELYROLLINGSTARS (Ailsean, Mega Beardo, Chris Dlugosz, norg, finbeard) - Solstice - Merging Black Holstice - above average -0.19
#10 clansmaneddie, Josh Kay - Venture Kid, Retro City Rampage - Cityscape - above average -0.19
#11 Moiré Effect (BluuMonk, SuprMelO)  - Chrono Trigger - Give Lavos a Chance - above average -0.32
#12 TwoJan, Creepue - Battletoads & Double Dragon [NES] - Game Bar - above average -0.34
#13 Shipluss, Claude D., Olga Gosteva - Bioshock Infinite - The Song in The Sky - above average -0.42
#14 Kyle Hoke, Epic Game Music, The Blast Processors - Final Fantasy 4 - Face Your Fear: Zeromus - above average -0.47
#15 Steel Samurai (Katamari, JawN, darmock, Parvenu, Jason Farrell) - Shovel Knight - Hit the Dirt - above average -0.48
#16 Czyszy, EmpireAnts98 - Burning Rangers - Angels With Burning Hearts - above average -0.49
#17 Electric Sex Toy (zykO, Greeny) - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - The Biggest One (ft. drunk kylO ren) - average +0.41
#18 Marshall Art (streifig, jmr), Cory Johnson - Undertale - MGLV: The Easiest Enemy - average +0.21
#19 Chernabogue, Furilas, Sbeast, tibone - Kingdom Hearts 2 - The Xemnas Imperative - average +0.14
#20 Quaz, Bean - Starcraft - No Rush 20 - average +0.11
#21 Old Man Wizard (pingosimon, zangderak, Francis Roberts) - Savage - Savage Title - average -0.07
#22 Ailsean, Flik - Suikoden - A Large Gathering of Mice - average -0.13
#23 Trap Fanatic, HoshiHearts - Undertale - Detemmienation - average -0.44
Voters: 35

Mine stayed at 7. I'm calling bullshit :lol: Tho I realize now Hakstock just wanted to be closer to me on the ranking :)

But seriously, a whole 10 votes? And no change? They should have just left it as it was instead of having anyone question the results.. I mean that's all DoD has left is the results, and now that those are questionable.. blah

Yeah but my other entry got knocked right out of the top 3 into 4th place :( No more shiny little badge thingy on their new website for me. (Still in first with that other one though! But the FF6 one was my baby) Either way I did say earlier in this post that numerical rankings were meaningless...and I'm lucky that Streifig let me enter regardless because I misread the deadline and sent mine in basically an hour late (AND we didn't have time to finish mixing it, which was totally my fault). But still... I WILL NEVER FORGIVE DoD! 

Also in other news I threw my FF6 entry into the workshop if anyone wants to go give feedback and tear it apart before I send it to the panel. Don't worry, seeing Carbo and zykO headbanging to my entry will never be taken away from me so I will still be happy even if you tell me that I am terrible.