Final Fantasy 7 & Super Metroid: 'Harmony Of Destruction' (Seph/Norfair Orchestral)

ellywu2

• 1 month later...

Ok, after being rejected i've decided to revisit this piece.

Here are some alterations i've made to it.

Be warned at 1.49 there are some audio glitches, i'll have them ironed out in the next version.

Things i've changed:

Added more beef to the brass hits.

Added additional melodies + harmonies.

Added high end brass.

Removed some parts to make the song shorter and flow better.

Enjoy this revision so far

Kinda odd how those reverse cymbals end so suddenly, but I like the effect. I might put a touch of reverb on that track just to give an audible tail, or aftertouch.

I think it would help the build of the piece for those string ostinatos to get louder slowly as the rest of the piece does.

Dig the new music at two and a half mintues, breaks the repetitiveness more. I think the additions here are what the judges were looking for.

It would make my day and I would wet my pants if you added some more reverb to those brass tracks. Make them more epic, wagnerian, what have you. Personally, I don't think they sound natural that dry, good don't get me wrong, but odd.

Best version yet!

IMO: I would beef the whole production up a notch. =/ I can definately make out the Norfair theme around 35 - 2:33, then the Sephiroth kicks again with Norfair - 2:57.

Don't get me wrong, It's decent.

I read all the posts before actually downloading.

It's very repetitive, and I think you need to flesh out Sephiroth quite a bit more.

The song name is "SephirothNorfair" remember?

I have to say, I really like this piece up through the first minute and a half. Then it just gets old. I'm waiting for that climax that doesn't ever come. Good idea, but I agree with the very first comment. A huge portion of this is basically variations on the themes over the same back beat.

And what is that ending?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone, updated again. Fiddled with the brass a tad more, changed some stuff around.

James, thanks for your continued help, and congratulations on getting 'Visions Of Kin' posted. Without yours and many others help this mix would not be in the state it is toda, i truly appreciate it.

Lucky for you I just happen to have a soundclick account and don't mind downloading it over and over. :wink:

Anyway, haven't been able to log in for a while, sorry I didn't listen again sooner. The brass does sound a little more wet, thank you! All in all it sounds like what I remember, except for the ending. To be honest, I think I liked the previous ending more, this version seems to have less contrast between the sections, like Sil mentioned, than before. Kinda feels like a film score without a film, which I know is what you intended, but it shouldn't "feel" that way to the listener. I don't have the previous version anymore so I'll have to let you figure out why that might be.

If you restore that feeling then I'd say cut, print, submit. There's only so much you can add before you're just taking away, and I think you're reaching that point.

The problem that I have with this is that like someone else says, it feels like it's leading to something, but that something never seems to arrive. And when there is a bit of variation, the old motif returns quickly. I think having more variation in this track would help.

• 3 months later...

I'm partical to orchestrated pieces and this one is pretty sweet.

The brass gives it that great evil feeling. you could maybe used a little reverb on a couple of the instruments (drums and horns). Could maybe use some dark celos or other strings to add a bit of intensity towards the end but thats just my love of strings talking, as you can clearly hear in my own songs..

Nice work

Ryan