OCR03284 - DuckTales "Apollo Duck"

Liontamer

It starts off so majestic, much like the original, and then the theme is kicked into overdrive. I like how you made the intro your own, because at this point, we all know what the opening of the Moon Theme sounds like. So it's refreshing to hear the beginning arranged enough to that it sounds different, while still being able to tell that it's still the Moon Theme. The rock arrangement done here is excellent. I loved the dueling guitars. They didn't try to overpower one or the other, and their performances flowed very well with the track. Great way to kick off the year ;D

ive only have two words for this song........AWESOME....SAUCE....SONG ok that was three but who cares, the build up is just purely epic and then when you get to the main theme you leave us drooling and wanting MORE. you sir have done a fantastic service to a beloved song and for that you have my salute!

20 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

But... is it just me, or is the backing arp just a fraction of a second ahead of the beat?  There's something about it that's just a little jarring.

Glad you guys are enjoying it! Regarding the arp, its sequenced to the beat exactly, its not out of time at all. Its got a very small amount of delay on it but that wouldn't put it ahead of the beat. Don't know what you're hearing guys, sorry :( 

I have just listened to this awesome song again.  The arp is sequenced just fine.  It is a complex arp and Will has added delay, perhaps this is why some people are being thrown off?  I don't quite get it but I suspect at this point some groupthink is occurring.  Honestly I'm pretty particular and I hear nothing wrong with the timing of that arp, it is complex and interesting to my ear.

Super enjoyed this.  A lot of fun and a hydrogen bomb of positivity.  Great stuff!

Perhaps those hearing an off-beat arp are listening through some sort of near-field setup that doesn't cover the whole frequency spectrum (or cover it well)?  Headphones, studio monitors, and hifi system all sound on-point.  Computer monitor speakers, sound can appear to be off-beat.  Just my experience.

The arp in the original is different during the intro from the rest of the song (mainly because it begins with another crazy time sig - haven't checked but someone said 15/16..? - before changing to good ol' 4/4 when the drums enter). Eighth note goes up instead of down (and the following notes get offset too). Sounds like the arp in this remix takes from the intro variant throughout the entire song which makes it sound "ahead" if you're used to hearing the high note as the ninth one right on the bass drum hit (where in the remix the high note is the eight one and so arrives one note earlier than the kick).

Guessing that's what people are hearing and reacting to, nothing "wrong" since it's a remix though :) Fantastic remix at that, possibly my favorite by Willrock? Sounds great, beautiful lead guitar playing!

8 hours ago, Torzelan said:

The arp in the original is different during the intro from the rest of the song (mainly because it begins with another crazy time sig - haven't checked but someone said 15/16..? - before changing to good ol' 4/4 when the drums enter). Eighth note goes up instead of down (and the following notes get offset too). Sounds like the arp in this remix takes from the intro variant throughout the entire song which makes it sound "ahead" if you're used to hearing the high note as the ninth one right on the bass drum hit (where in the remix the high note is the eight one and so arrives one note earlier than the kick).

Well daym. Like... that explains it! Thank you! :D

I never even noticed it! Unintentional on my part, I've done it before but I guess the moon theme is too popular for it to go unnoticed. That said, I guess this ends a long standing debate. Its offical. VARIATION IS ANNOYING, OCR is clearly wrong in asking for it and the standards should absolutely be changed effective immediately to not include any variation whatsoever for the good of not being annoying to people :D

Dude.

I just went through getting locked out and a password reset with total determination to comment on this.

This is far and away the best work I've heard from you! This style really compliments the melody well, and your chord substitutions near the end are incredibly tasteful. Fantastic work!

Very 80's and I love it. Rock on.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03284 - DuckTales "Apollo Duck"
  • 2 months later...

Sweet mother of god, I really think this might be both my favorite rendition of "The Moon" and ReMix from Willrock I have heard thus far. Pure electric rock screaming of 80's that should give anyone with a pulse a thrill. Just the wailing of the guitars alone made this great, but you really pulled this together for that epic sound of achievement ad victory. So damn good, worth several extremely replayable listens.

• 1 year later...