OCR03285 - Double Dragon "Bimmy Whatchu Got"

Liontamer

That piano. Bah gawd that piano. At first I had written this off as just you adding piano to the original track, but that's not the case at all. The chiptunes do sound updated, and more refined than the original. But man that piano is something else. I'm too blown away by the piano to concentrate on anything else about this track. So before I enter "rambling" mode, I'll just say this was a terrific track.

Shnabubula makes his own chiptunes (and is quite the chiptune maestro, to boot), and is an amazing pianist. This track absolutely showcases both of his amazing talents at once, and creates something amazing and unique. There isn't a person on the planet who's life wouldn't be enriched by listening to this track.

What I'm trying to say it, it's pretty good.

This is awesoooome. I do wish the chiptunes were a little louder tho. As cool as the piano is, it drowns out some of the cool little chiptune sections and things feel a little lobsided mixing wise to me. That said, I can not fault the arrangement, its bonkers, so many cool updates and variations on the source tune. A great concept that works very well. Nice work man! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03285 - Double Dragon "Bimmy Whatchu Got"
  • 2 months later...

Piano and chiptunes together on a classic track is quite the concept, and it certainly works here. I especially liked the switch up at about 1:40, that was cool. That piano was insane sounding, very fun to listen to. All around great arrangement and pretty sweet mix.