OCR03286 - Final Fantasy X & XIII "Katumus"

Liontamer

Very good feedback, thank you! If there was one thing I would change it'd definitely be to not play that backing arp quite so constantly. I'd like to think that the repeats at the ending & the suddenness of it make for a proper closure, but I suppose it just sounds more successful to myself than it actually is.

Trivia: this is actually my first posted arrangement that has a source from a game that I've substantially played (FFX). Weird huh.

Oh yeah! I think this reminded me of this theme. I find the melody to be rather strange sometimes, and though it works, I think it's kind of half-resolving at those times---resolving melodically but not always harmonically. I do really like the choppy processing (like the metallic snare at around 1:04, for instance). The mixing is also very clean for what's going on (and there's a lot going on!). My favorite part is after 2:52 all the way to the end when we have this constant tradeoff of interacting leads (the harmonies also work best there IMO).  It does seem to carry on for quite a while after 2:52, but I'd be proud of what's there. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03286 - Final Fantasy X & XIII "Katumus"
  • 2 months later...

Man, the chiptune really does remind me of some older NES/Game Boy Color themes just from how the the chips play along with the synth in the rest of the mix. Would certainly fit right in with that era and then some. I particularly liked the section between 2:09-2:23 where you can really hear the percussion beat behind the chips with that hard, deliberate booming hits to the beat. Well done taking these two sources and making something interesting with them.